Thread: UBRS 5 man

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Well again I did say I think he is totally techincally able to do this. Soo.. yeah.. when we leave that out you got a point on what I said. But it was there. I think he has a PR problem. I also think he has an ego problem. Combing the two CAN (as in maybe) ber a bigger problem. The longer it goes on and the more mistakes he makes the worse this will get. Because the PR gets worse then the ego cannot accept it. It becomes confrontational. MAYBE. MAYBE. MAYBE. (I doubt 3 times on the maybe will get it though to many but yeah.. I said it..)

How the servers will go honestly doesn't play a large role in the discussion of this topic so I don't know why it went there. Although yeah, you are right we will likely see a large number log in and try. Then a large number leave. No doubt. It is the life cycle of all games in exsistance and I doubt classic WoW is going to change the nature of the universe. So, yeah, not really a bold pridiction to say this. So right.. a few servers that maybe take money from Russians, hackers, and internet trouble makers and giving it to Blizzard instead makes a lot of sense and increases their legal defense in protecting the property. The goal is pretty clear that this is about taking a lot of air out of the PR business and transfering it to Blizzard and I am totally ok with that. I don't want to be on a server filled with Russian hackers and internet trouble makers either. I would be much happier connecting to a Blizzard server.

So am I happy? Sure, if it is done right. But am I falling to my knees in thanks before its time has come? No. If LFR shows up on it than I am done with it. If they add in improved color blind mode.. ok.. no worries. I am greatful for the attempt they are going to give it. I am worried that ego and pride might sink the ship. It is only natural.
    I get what you are saying but this is how it looks to me.

If the choice is between an Obama like PR miracle or Steve Wozniac i'l take the latter. Remember the devs Arent hired as PR people. When we start getting nitpicky and butthurt about comments they make because it oculd be taken negatively we are ruining our own chances of communicating with people who actually matter and instead we are getting people like Lore, who is a great guy but has basicly no influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I get what you are saying but this is how it looks to me.

If the choice is between an Obama like PR miracle or Steve Wozniac i'l take the latter. Remember the devs Arent hired as PR people. When we start getting nitpicky and butthurt about comments they make because it oculd be taken negatively we are ruining our own chances of communicating with people who actually matter and instead we are getting people like Lore, who is a great guy but has basicly no influence.
    Right it is a lot of if's, and's, and but's because truth be told it is all we got. We got nothing besides a few lines and Blizzcon and someone trying to spice up investors. If dev's aren't hired as PR than they need to get out of it or get good at it. People like Lore can do a GREAT job in communication as long as they are the buffer instead of the mouth piece. That is what he should be doing. He should be talking to Brack and though being a CM and knowledgeable of the game could conversation and smooth out the edges and snip out the mistakes. Make a good presentation. The problem in these CMs get really left in the wind which leads them to having to MAKE the message instead of shape the message. Ta-da it explodes then. They have to spend more time in damage control and forum policing instead of getting and transmitting messages. Mostly because their isn't much to be given to them yet. The announcement was likely to soon. So again, damage control. Which is going to lead further down the spiral. But it might and likely will get better. Sure some people on both sides will take there ball and go home crying and because that is life.

It is good to have a buffer between the people and the dev's. Or you end up with a Trump on twitter blowing things apart with a one liner instead of a press lead taking the message and crafting it. You don't need influence to give a good and correct message. You just need access to that information and the ability to translate it in a meaningful way. I think their just isn't much info yet, access is a problem in a real time all day every day internet, and CMs not only have to give the message but also police the forums which gives a bad taste to many.

Brack didn't even play Vanilla. Guy has no idea what hes talking about.

Well that's unfortunate

The guy misspoke. Who cares. No reason to read anything into it.

I actually think UBRS should be 15 man, and Scholo should be 10. Could care less if Strath stays as a 5 man.

UBRS and Scholo actually feel like mini raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekkers View Post
    Brack didn't even play Vanilla. Guy has no idea what hes talking about.
    It’s called Classic, not vanilla. There is actually no proof of it reflecting vanilla.

Whoever thought the Classic realms will be as vanilla is clearly delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    It’s called Classic, not vanilla. There is actually no proof of it reflecting vanilla.

Whoever thought the Classic realms will be as vanilla is clearly delusional.
    The names have been used interchangeably for 10 years, I don't see why the Blizzcon announcement should have changed that.

most important part is they let us skin the beast and make some shiny epics from its pristine hide xD that's the one thing I loved most...finkle einhorn coming out of it too xD, if they put that in, they got me

The Forbes article really terrified me in some of the responses, but I avoided commenting because of the massive amount of retail fanboy trolls out in full defense in that thread. The reason why their responses, such as the 5 man UBRS, terrify me is that it sounds like there is a huge cognitive disconnect between what they want and what fans want. It seems like they want to make a classic server ruleset locked on 1-60 running on BFA rather than an entire separate copy of vanilla WoW. If so, that would completely and totally ruin the experience. There are so many little aspects of the original game that made the entire experience. I really just want a separate client running 1.0, then maybe patch it up to 1.12 over time, just like it was at release, broken and all. However, I know some people want to start at 1.12 and I would be fine with that. I honestly think they're going to completely butcher it and leave a new generation puzzled at why people wanted Classic when they release it in their current vision... :/

10+ Year Old Account
    He didn't confirm that it'll be a 5man instead most likely confused the fact that it was originally 15man then reduced to 10man in patch 1.10, Upper Blackrock Spire was never a 5man dungeon until 4.0.3a that was the Cataclysm pre-patch that revamped the entire old classic world and dungeons.

UBRS should be a 15man on release and at the right patch be reduced to 10man seeing as how its very likely they at least do progressive content releases even if they don't do progressive talent+class+balance patching simply because its extremely easy to lock out newer content and progressively patch mobs to simulate content patch releases and the such.
    Last edited by Zaeyla; 2018-02-05 at 09:52 PM.

Just make it 10man and leave it be. No reason to progressively change instances. I would say the same for MC and BWL. Make the difficulty you want and leave it be. I do agree to lock out BWL, ZG, AQ, Naxx till later but as far as changing instances or raids I don't rally see a reason for it.

Yeah, he's been saying UBRS was a 10 man/5 man for 3 months now. Not sure why no one has corrected him, lol
    Classic WoW Content Creator - Daily Streams and Bi-Weekly Videos!
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/staysafetv
    YouTube: https://youtube.com/staysafetv

Quote Originally Posted by Erinhia View Post
    Brack has been saying that UBRS was either a 10-man or a 5-man since Blizzcon. Of course, it was in fact 15-man and then 10-man. It wasn't restricted to 5-man until they remade it several expansions later.

I *think* this is a personal misunderstanding by Brack, he's remembering UBRS as 10/5-man whereas he actually has in mind scholo/strat. Hopefully when they actually are developing Classic, other people on the team will notice/remember the truth and correct him!
    I doubt he's confusing it with Strat or Scholo. They're nowhere near UBRS. However, he might be mixing it up with BRD (which was 10 and then 5 man in Vanilla).

By the way, do we know when this Forbes interview took place? I don't think he's continuing to make the mistake, but rather this was from around Blizzcon and not published until now.
    Last edited by Coffeh; 2018-02-06 at 06:53 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post
    If it's not a 10 man minimum, then it's not classic. UBRS was the Karazhan of classic. Just something fun to smash through with a small raid. They should me making MORE 10 mans if they're going to change anything, not less.

The Alliance Onyxia attunement quest was absolute cancer. Jailbreak is the worst quest in the game. It's so fucking long it's ridiculous. Doing it on multiple characters was such a ballache. I like the build-up but Jailbreak itself and having to go in-and-out of BRD constantly was annoying as fuck
    Different strokes for different folks I suppose. I think the length of the chain made it feel epic, with jailbreak as its crescendo.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

10+ Year Old Account
    Played since beta in 2004, and honestly never went to UBRS with more than 5. I consider myself part of the 'classic' era people and I don't see what the big fuss is about needing 10-man.. Almost nobody did it except -very- early on.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    So if the Forbes article is to be trusted and classed as new information, UBRS will be a 5 man.

Does this upset anyone? As it really pisses me off.

It should be a 10 man, there is more of an argument to make it 15 man instead of 5 man.

If this decision is true, then I have no confidence in them at all to make the right decisions on their vanilla server at all.
    I think you are pissed off because you want to be pissed off. No where in the Forbes article did it state that UBRS will be a 5 man. The whole paragraph talking about it was actually a statement that they did not know yet, and that they wanted the community to help decide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnRoads View Post
    I think you are pissed off because you want to be pissed off.
    Not only that but... Is UBRS being 5 or 10 man -really- going to make or break the classic experience?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

thought wow classic was a long way to go. where did you get this info?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Played since beta in 2004, and honestly never went to UBRS with more than 5. I consider myself part of the 'classic' era people and I don't see what the big fuss is about needing 10-man.. Almost nobody did it except -very- early on.
    Are you sure you arent mixing it up with LBRS? UBRS was pretty challenging with 5 people, especially early on with pre-raid blues. Hell, I cant even see how Drakkisath would be killable with a 5man pre-raid blue geared group in patch 1.0 talents. I would argue you cant even get past Rend with that setup.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis