Thread: UBRS 5 man

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think towards the end of vanilla it was a 10man right?
    It's been too long for me to remember, but what I do remember is that when I started playing and I got to 60, my guild back then was able to take me one more time through Scolo - as a 10man dungeon. After that it was changed to 5.

IIRC UBRS was 10 man by then.

Anyway, I think we still need to wait and see which patch they will be using. What is vanilla. Since so much changed over the course of vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    Are you sure you arent mixing it up with LBRS? UBRS was pretty challenging with 5 people, especially early on with pre-raid blues. Hell, I cant even see how Drakkisath would be killable with a 5man pre-raid blue geared group in patch 1.0 talents. I would argue you cant even get past Rend with that setup.
    I dunno. I just never did it with 10 people, and our group was one of the first guilds to hit MC on our server. We weren't crazy try-hard. I'm sure people did that stuff sooner but I just never saw people do it as 10 except for giggles (Why do more than 5 if it takes longer to get people?)
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Didnt he already say that this was a mixup the last time he did this? I mean, its a bit embarrasing for him, but we dont really have to discuss this being a possibility, do we? What he is talking about is clearly "we need to decide which old version wel will take". There has never been a UBRS 5. So I see no reason, why him mixing up the numbers in interviews (Again :/) should make us believe, that UBRS will be a 5 man.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    I think towards the end of vanilla it was a 10man right?
    It's been too long for me to remember, but what I do remember is that when I started playing and I got to 60, my guild back then was able to take me one more time through Scolo - as a 10man dungeon. After that it was changed to 5.

IIRC UBRS was 10 man by then.

Anyway, I think we still need to wait and see which patch they will be using. What is vanilla. Since so much changed over the course of vanilla.
    UBRS had a 15man cap very early on but was changed to 10 (not sure when). This also applied to LBRS since it was inside the same dungeon portal, although the mobs and bosses where easier and definitely tuned for a 5man experience.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I dunno. I just never did it with 10 people, and our group was one of the first guilds to hit MC on our server. We weren't crazy try-hard. I'm sure people did that stuff sooner but I just never saw people do it as 10 except for giggles (Why do more than 5 if it takes longer to get people?)
    I dont know your situation but being among the first to go MC I would assume you had some MC epics on your chars when running UBRS too which surely helped a ton. I could definitely see all of UBRS being cleared by a 5man group of people with a mix of pre-raid blues and MC epics.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    There has never been a UBRS 5.
    I'm seriously having issues now. I never remember once doing as 10 (though I know it was capable, obviously). This is the same instance with the fire elemental, the rookery, rend, the beast, and then drakkisath (and two guards) right?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

'm seriously having issues now. I never remember once doing as 10 (though I know it was capable, obviously). This is the same instance with the fire elemental, the rookery, rend, the beast, and then drakkisath (and two guards) right?
    Yes UBRS and LBRS are in the same instance. UBRS is the one, where you have to go left and open a door with a key at the beginning.
    And then it has all the stuff you described. Its possible, that you just did it with 5 people though. Must have been hard

Oh, and just to be safe, I looked at patch notes again^^
    1.3:
    Dungeon Player Caps Edit

All dungeons now have a cap on group size to limit the number of players that may enter the dungeon. It was necessary to add this cap as raiding these dungeons trivialized much of the content. Because of this change we can now look to adding better loot to them during future content patches.

With that in mind, the dungeons below now have the following caps:

Onyxia/Molten Core - 40 members
    Blackrock Spire - 15 members
    Dire Maul - 5 members

All other dungeons in the game will be capped at 10 members.Several dungeons will be re-examined for balancing in light of thischange. In addition, will have their loot improved significantly for the next content patch.

In order to preserve the challenge of these dungeons, they have had their instance caps lowered. Stratholme, Scholomance, and Blackrock Depths now allow a maximum of five players inside, and Blackrock Spire allows a maximum of ten.
    I must not have been 60, yet, before 1.3, because I didnt know that had to be changed.
    40 man Scholo sounds like "fun"
    Last edited by owbu; 2018-02-06 at 08:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not only that but... Is UBRS being 5 or 10 man -really- going to make or break the classic experience?
    I don't think it will, it's just an iffy precedent. If they're okay with changing this, what else will they be okay with changing?

Many people still remember 15/10-manning UBRS as their first delve into bigger group content, and if they're going to force it to 5-man (a restriction that was never there) then who says they won't arbitrarily switch other things for the same reason? Maybe they'll make ZG 10-man and MC 20-man to fit current raid sizes?

I think it's more just concerning than something which make-or-breaks things, yet. But that said, I do think this is just Brack mis-remembering or mixing it up with the changes to BRD/Scholo/Strat and not an intentional change.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm seriously having issues now. I never remember once doing as 10 (though I know it was capable, obviously). This is the same instance with the fire elemental, the rookery, rend, the beast, and then drakkisath (and two guards) right?
    You are correct, that is indeed UBRS.

- Fire elemental boss and Jed Firewalker (rare) would be easily 5manned.

- Rend possible by quite challenging, killing the waves of adds before rend and Gyth spawn would push the DPS quite hard and Rend jump off of Gyths back before Gyth dies meaning the tank would have to tank both of them for a bit until Gyth dies and Rend remain.

- Beast (Big corehound boss) easy mechanics, dodge/break fears. Should definitely be 5mannable.

- Drakkisah. Normaly you'd have a hunter pull Drakkisath out of room while tanks pick 1 add each to kill, after which the hunter FD and Drakkisath returns to room and the raid kills him. This is where problem #2 happens, Drakkisath uses conflag on top threat target which makes the tank incapable for like 5 seconds and the offtank needs to pick up, unless the tank uses Free action potions (did they work on conflag? I dont recall honestly).

tldr: 5man UBRS, yea possible but pretty hard. Creative and liberal use of pots and consumables you could probably do it without too much of a hastle.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

Nice try mate but you're obviously lying or obviously mistaken.

Even with today's knowledge it isn't viable. Only if you're a group of full t2 or something.

If you are mistaken, you are confusing lbrs with ubrs which was indeed done with a 5 man group even though you could bring 15.

If you're lying, well. I can't do anything about that besides pointing out how pathetic it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Your vanilla was not my vanilla.
    That's the stupidest thing i've ever heard. Vanilla is not a personal opinion. They have patch notes archiving exactly what Vanilla was. regardless if that fits into people's nostalgic memories or not that is exactly what we should get.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Vanilla is the moment the game released until the moment they released TBC.

there is no such thing as vanilla.0.0
    Yeah, and between that 2 moments UBRS never was 5ppl.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Nice try mate but you're obviously lying or obviously mistaken.

Even with today's knowledge it isn't viable. Only if you're a group of full t2 or something.

If you are mistaken, you are confusing lbrs with ubrs which was indeed done with a 5 man group even though you could bring 15.

If you're lying, well. I can't do anything about that besides pointing out how pathetic it is.

Damn, i struggled in a 15........it was hard!

I don't mind if its made 5 man.

It always felt odd doing that place as a raid, when LBRS was do-able as 5 and it was the same instance.

As stupid as it sounds that's a big dealbreaker for me. It has to be 100% Vanilla or gtfo. I loved running UBRS in big 10 and 15 man groups, one of my fondest memories from Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    Different strokes for different folks I suppose. I think the length of the chain made it feel epic, with jailbreak as its crescendo.
    Yea, it was definitely epic the first time but became a chore after that. I think the worst part of it is trying to get a jailbreak group when the server is mature.

The horde questline was better imo

5+ Year Old Account
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/hnewman.../#51968e985134

"There was a 10-person version and a five-person version for most of that two-year period, but toward the end we decided, nope, UBRS is going to be a five-person and we’re going to retune it to be appropriate for that. Is that the right decision? I don’t know. These are the types of questions. There’s lots of questions like that that we’ll be talking with the community about."

Seems like the decision from that article is... they don't know, and are still looking at community info :P

This would be a hilarious oversight if UBRS were to be restricted to 5-man at launch because it would be absolutely impossible. It was a 15-man.

This would be a hilarious oversight if UBRS were to be restricted to 5-man at launch because it would be absolutely impossible. It was a 15-man.
    And a 40, 15 and 10 man !

10+ Year Old Account
    I would prefer the puggable 10 man version that existed personally.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Leeeeerooooooy Jeeenkinsss

Like, nobody remembers that it was 10man? Jeesh. Anyway, personally I would prefer to see the 10man versions. If they decide to go for 5mans, then I might suspect that they will do this for many other parts of the game, which I'm not fond of. We'll have to wait and see unfortunately.