Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I reported a player back in MoP who told everyone in the Oondasta raid "who is below xyz dps" "should just kill themselves".

Seriously, what is wrong with people. Even if it was a mindless comment. You are on the internet, you don't know if this hits the ears of an unstable teenager.
    And why would anybody be upset about some virtual figures anyways?

Deleted
    Also tell us what you wrote to this person, doubt he/she said this without any context

Quote Originally Posted by Iettlopp View Post
    Also tell us what you wrote to this person, doubt he/she said this without any context
    They were whinging about not being healed in the BG we were in, me being one of the 2 healers he directed most of this towards me because my response to him was that if our healing was shit, his dps was shit

I instantly report for language in BGs whenever someone goes into idiotic mindless flaming.

Quote Originally Posted by nickp007 View Post
    They were whinging about not being healed in the BG we were in, me being one of the 2 healers he directed most of this towards me because my response to him was that if our healing was shit, his dps was shit
    That makes absolutely no sense and is such a childish comeback. Obviously just ignore and report him if you care enough.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Friend used to work as a GM. He said reporting stuff is pretty much entirely up to the GM who sees it. If the GM thinks it was no big deal, then nothing will happen but if one sees it who is offended by this kinda behavior, then the person will likely get disciplined for it and also, how severely appears to be up to the GM who sees it as well.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No amount of context could make up for real life threats or kill yourself suggestings.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRoads View Post
    No amount of context could make up for real life threats or kill yourself suggestings.
    That's just not true. Between people who know each other there's plenty of room for it. Also for stupid hunters/mages trying to save repair bills while wasting everybody else's time.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i don't care to report that kind of crap, i just laugh at it.

being the fucking melvin that runs to the teacher is not my style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    ROFL. You must be really struggling in real life. I mean come on - just ignore him or report for harassment. Or just reply to him in very angry form with many "fuck" in it.

No need to ask in forums ROFL.

PS I still remember how back in WoTLK my character was raped in Goldshire Inn with /e chat. ROFL.
    Good to see MMO-champ trashing on people apparently already getting harassed pretty harshly ingame. Stay classy.

And apparently that needed it's own mmo-champion thread. What's next? "Player just whispered me if i would like to join his guild"?

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    That's just not true. Between people who know each other there's plenty of room for it. Also for stupid hunters/mages trying to save repair bills while wasting everybody else's time.
    If they knew each other, he probably wouldn't discuss it on MMO-C, everything else - just no.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    If they knew each other, he probably wouldn't discuss it on MMO-C, everything else - just no.
    Sure, but the person I quoted said there was no context where saying stuff like that is acceptable, which is laughable.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Welcome to the wonderful world of online gaming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    You lose nothing for reporting at any rate.
    Pretty much. If it makes you feel better, by all means report the person. Just don't expect anything to happen.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    I was more talking about the dialog between people not knowing each other, but other than that I do agree about there being room for it between friends/guild mates. I would however never write it where others might see it.

Deleted
    That's edgy.

When I get 'threaths' like these, I just physicaly cringe irl.
    Earlier this month, I was killing people on Argus and one of them added me on Bnet and visually described me how he would kill not only me, but my mother aswell. Rape was mentioned, so was slowly bleeding out and torture. And I was like... dude, why do you have to make it wierd, I just killed you in a PvP zone, why do you have to show your true edge like that, he just made it incredibely awkward for me.
    So I set out to gank him for the rest of the evening.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnRoads View Post
    Context always matters. How don't we know that OP didn't offend him by name calling.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could just say to him:
    No thank you, here take the rope.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Context always matters. How don't we know that OP didn't offend him by name calling.
    Yes context always matters, but going from name calling to death threats is not acceptable.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    I wouldn't care much about what he wrote. I just want to have a better community and that's why I would report him. Every report he gets will add up.
    This exactly. People who will tell another player to "hang yourself" are exactly the kind of toxic that this game would be better off without. He needs to either learn how to conduct himself like a civilised human being or go find a litterbox to play by himself in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Did he mean IRL or ingame?
    Probably in-game, since he didn't specify.
    Good luck wasting the GMs' time, OP.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.