Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It took me 20 hours to get to level 58...

WITH heirlooms and a guided path.

To me honest opinion I am thinking the amount of experience given should be buffed a bit. 15% or so. I can't imagine how shitty the experience is as a new player with zero heirlooms. They will unsub before getting to max lol.

I love how the scaling works and I do like the experience is slowed a little. But I think Blizzard went a little too far. It's not fine tuned at all yet. The amount of experience given should be higher.

Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post

To me honest opinion I am thinking the amount of experience given should be buffed a bit. 15% or so. I can't imagine how shitty the experience is as a new player with zero heirlooms. They will unsub before getting to max lol.

I love how the scaling works and I do like the experience is slowed a little. But I think Blizzard went a little too far. It's not fine tuned at all yet. The amount of experience given should be higher.
    It seems weird, somewhere in the middle of vanilla content xp with heirlooms seems too low, now I'm in MoP content and xp goes VERY fast with heirlooms, so fast that I got rid of my heirlooms just so I can see all MoP content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    It seems weird, somewhere in the middle of vanilla content xp with heirlooms seems too low, now I'm in MoP content and xp goes VERY fast with heirlooms, so fast that I got rid of my heirlooms just so I can see all MoP content.

How many levels would you say you got from Jade Forest? Or how many levels an hour?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaimen View Post
    @Sonol, as far as I know you cannot get the heritage armor if you boost, so that's out of the question. What if someone went to another server because they changed guilds and can't afford to bring all 12 characters with them? Also, mythic raider != hardcore raider. Those pushing content and going for world first will likely have multiple character they play for any given time but mythic raiding is a spectrum of devotion. I'm a mythic raider, though have only done about half of the current raid, but only have 1 max level character on my current server because my last guild fell apart.

There is a middle ground here people. They could have made leveling more difficult and take more exp without nerfing the +exp stacking that was possible for those that want to spend the money/gold and make the process faster. Sure overall it would take more time but the option to maximize speed, like the RAF nerf, was not needed at all. Could have easily gave people an option to not get the RAF exp bonus if that's how people want to play. Forcing someone into something always has a losing side.
    In my eyes a mythic raider is that who can get cutting edge of the current content and then farm all the bosses until next patch. Most ppl/guilds can't get it, so basically they are only hc raiders, killing the easier bosses on mythic, struggle on them for a few weeks, then stop doing it, because they lose interest and can't get 20 dedicated ppl for their runs.

Ofc at the end of an expansion more are able to get cutting edge, simply, because they have enough time to overgear the content. Imo, that's not mythic raiding either.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfador View Post
    Can we start what I am sure is to be an overwhelmingly civil and productive discussion here by defining what a "hardcore casual" is supposed to be in context?
    A casual so obsessed with the "experience" of the game that it must be designed to cater to their every dopamine fueled whim.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

get a friend or second account to boost you.Every 5 min you get lvl.

How many levels would you say you got from Jade Forest? Or how many levels an hour?
    Hard to say, I queued for random MoP dungeon and and finished the Jinyu quests and got from 80 to 85 real quick, did all of the MoP dungs except Siege of Niuzao Temple. It was only a few hours really. Waaaay too fast for my taste. Now I'm 86 almost 87 with some Shado Pan quests

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Fucking RPG's and requiring me to level... I truly loathe what the MMORPG community has turned into. I liked it better when it was niche and the instant gratification crowd never even considered playing them.
    It's not really instant gratification if you don't exactly get a dopamine release from hearing the level up noise (again).

It's just "I want to play X class with Y spec and I don't want to spend 50 hours slogging through the same 5+ year old content to do it or spend another 60$" (again).

I swear, the most low effort argument from these people is either "instant gratification crowd ruining the game" or "needs to feel rewarding." Or in other words, complex reasons why every aspect of the game needs time sinks so it can validate my addiction to a chemical naturally produced in the brain.
    Last edited by Blamblam41; 2018-02-06 at 08:43 AM.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    get a friend or second account to boost you.Every 5 min you get lvl.
    Didn't they change that recently so it's no longer possible?

RaF is a 150% experience instead of 300% and does not stack with heirlooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Didn't they change that recently so it's no longer possible?
    Nah still working.Iam getting 6 bars at lvl 70 for each azjol nerub

Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    Nah still working.Iam getting 6 bars at lvl 70 for each azjol nerub
    Man hold my beer, that's plaid speed.

New players are not an issue. They will enjoy their first run.

Rerolling players are the key here. We’ve been hit quite hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosefern View Post
    This feels like the general answer I would give. The hours I spend leveling are my own. They don't involve planning or scheduling around other raiders (although I do still raid normal and heroic)

It's an alternative time to raiding or pvping or the "end game" content. Although the content is "outdated" its still story telling and interesting.
    This. It's beyond me why some people are complaining about not leveling 50 characters to max level in a night, what's the purpose? And what the hell did you do until now, since leveling supposedly required "substantial less time".

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    but all they did was ramp up the health a ton...which only just makes thing slower and nothing else.
    This is just a random assumption. Did you even try leveling? I'm currently leveling a new mage and a warrior for the Allied races and for both of them killing a mob takes 3-5 seconds. Where the hell is the ton and incredible amount of time required? What do you expect? 1 shot everything? That's just lame.

Quote Originally Posted by kraner View Post
    And lazy ass "hardcore" like you, who want all classes and even more at max level for free, ruined the game.

42 hours /played for 110 levels isn't even that much. Leveling is part of the game.
    Is it, though? I surely was when everyone was doing it, but now only some new players and alts are leveled and thus the experience of leveling is mostly an "abandoned" one. It's boring and often solitary, because it surely is not much of a "massive multi-player" experience of leveling in groups of people.

The last toon I leveled was a hunter that I got to 40. All the way I smashed mostly 2 buttons. Oh the fun of it...

Quote Originally Posted by idonthinksodude View Post
    If you're anything close to "hardcore" in wow you already have every class leveled...
    I'm sorry for not having a void elf, lightforged draenei, nightborne and highmountain tauren leveled to 110 before 7.3.5. I probably shouldn't have been so lazy and leveled them before the leveling revamp.

- - - Updated - - -

And what the hell did you do until now, since leveling supposedly required "substantial less time".
    Yea, he should've leveled those new races to 110 before 7.3.5, why come and complain about the leveling nerf afterwards when he could've just done it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Akachan View Post
    It's tedious because its dull, monotonous, and boring. It's doing the same thing I've done in the past multiple times, except now it takes longer. I believe this is the accurate meaning for tedium?

I enjoyed leveling my first time through, hell, even my 5th time through. But after 14 years and multiple playthroughs? It's a tedious chore. If it wasnt dor the heritage armor I wouldnt even have bothered.
    Going by that broad of a definition, how is what you described any different from end-game. In a lot of ways end-game is even worse. Rep grinds, AP grinds, gear grinds. Literally repeating the same handful of instances and daily/world quests over and over in the hopes of an upgrade? At least with leveling the story and scenery changes as you go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    It's actually a pretty good way to describe these people. People who are ardent defenders of the early game and apparently pour hours upon hours into it instead of the end game. Essentily people who advocated for classic. Well I hate to say it, but people asked for this for like 6 years. You all say they never listen to the community. I think this patch is a clear example of the problems within that topic.
    I like the leveling change and I hate the idea of classic :/ but they had valid concerns about the current game a held like leveling this new system feels right

This. It's beyond me why some people are complaining about not leveling 50 characters to max level in a night, what's the purpose? And what the hell did you do until now, since leveling supposedly required "substantial less time".

This is just a random assumption. Did you even try leveling? I'm currently leveling a new mage and a warrior for the Allied races and for both of them killing a mob takes 3-5 seconds. Where the hell is the ton and incredible amount of time required? What do you expect? 1 shot everything? That's just lame.
    I wonder if here in Italy clocks are different. I have a level 60 warrior with some looms and in Northrend killing a mob takes at least twice the time you say.

Also, even ore-patch levelling was really long, my affli lock took 34 hours (without any loom) to get to 60. I don’t see how to take less than 2 days of /played to get to 100 (110 takes even more).

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    As of 7.3.5, leveling is by far the MOST obnoxious grind in this game. You get to slog through 6 expansions' worth of outdated content at a snail's pace just to reach endgame. Getting your new alt raid-ready is a joke in comparison. People seem to misunderstand why leveling was so fast prior to 7.3.5. When you have an endgame-centered MMO, you can't force people to play through ALL of the outdated content. That's just too big of an investment to unlock the endgame.
    See this right here is the whiny-"I want everything for free NOW"-baby mentality I associate with casuals.

A hardcore player revels in things being hard (boring is also a type of difficulty). A casual just whines that it could be easier, and arguast that it should be for [bullshit reason].