Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Why are there some in this thread saying OP wants pretty trolls? Like really, is it too much to say it's rather strange that every female Zandalar is in a constant state of being angry these days?

I think it's also worth pointing out they have a pretty serious case of same-face, and the angry expression doesn't help... I don't have BfA pre-purchased myself, but can anyone check in-game to see if the allied races currently available have different faces in the same way the standard races do?
    Last edited by MinTDH; 2018-02-06 at 05:41 AM.

Female Zandalari remind me of Marilyn Manson.

There's a definite resemblance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogolahst View Post
    Why are there some in this thread saying OP wants pretty trolls? Like really, is it too much to say it's rather strange that every female Zandalar is in a constant state of being angry these days?

I think it's also worth pointing out they have a pretty serious case of same-face, and the angry expression doesn't help... I don't have BfA pre-purchased myself, but can anyone check in-game to see if the allied races currently available have different faces in the same way the standard races do?
    Honestly, I don't think they should all be angry either. But I'm not sure who's going to be seeing these threads. Either way, I'm still disappointed the current male troll models have so much lower quality feet than the females. Anyone know an active Blizzard twitter to send complaints to?

Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    I mean you get a dinosaur flight form and a dinosaur travel form. What more do you need? The other forms will probably look badass aswell. Probably like a stone bear lol.
    A raptor Feral and a dragon turtle/dire horn Guardian, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    I speak about the number six, if the one you use is not (maybe is the n.3), it saves you the strong light that flattens the facial features... otherwise, it's ugly or less ugly.

Here, the n.3, with no lights...

But we are speaking about "50 shades of uglyness", and we pick the less "ugly" avaiable. Didn't trolls female deserve a decent face?
    Are so cool as a race...

and we can't even choose earrings :/
    It looks very nice. Dunno what you're talking about. Shouldn't we want more detailed faces rather than flat and smooth ones as if someone used blurr tool in photoshop? This is why belves look plastic.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    Female Zandalari remind me of Marilyn Manson.

There's a definite resemblance.
    Haha, you're spot on. Weird but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Seems a pretty limited selection at present - there was more variations in facial features, like those pebbley scales, than actual different faces.

But we've got lots of time yet 'til the race is playable I'm sure, more will likely be forthcoming.
    uhm lol

Cause Worgen's changed, right?
    Blizzard Activision does it because "this is really cool guys"
    Last edited by Laqweeta; 2018-02-06 at 10:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    I WAS going to move my Druid to Zandi...but then dinomancers were gutted very quickly. A Zandalari Druid who isn't a dinomancer is a crime against lore.

Probably will be my Shaman now. Might be talked into my Warlock; she's got a nice witch doctor Tmog that could be enhanced with some nice Zandalari pieces.
    I'm hoping that they get some dino forms vua glyphs or something later on. That is my only real gripe with the Zandos so far, the dinomancers not dinomancing.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Quote Originally Posted by Rukario View Post
    Sadly they are all feminists...so, no.
    It's clearly Marilyn Manson..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    There's only one facial option for the zandalari, you can only change the spots on their face.

Incredibly stupid and disappointing. Could've at least given us some variation like with the normal trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Are there any NON-angry faces for these women? Sheash the first page shows the different faces and they all look pissed off.
    Most women now adays have RBF so it seems legit to me.

On a serious note, there will be more because the expansion is still like 8 months away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    I'm hoping that they get some dino forms vua glyphs or something later on. That is my only real gripe with the Zandos so far, the dinomancers not dinomancing.
    If they choose to go cat and bear I guarantee they will look more like dinosaurs similar to how worgen forms all look like wolves.

The thing is, no one plays Troll females now. If they add only these intense angry faces, I bet even less people will play them. Seems an awful lot of work for a race/sex combination that won't get played.

Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    The thing is, no one plays Troll females now. If they add only these intense angry faces, I bet even less people will play them. Seems an awful lot of work for a race/sex combination that won't get played.

Troll females are popular, especially after model revamp their number highly increased. I think that Zandalaris will have their faces worked on as the issue is with facial rigging, not textures as textures look good.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Did you know there was actually another Troll female model between this one and the final one they went with? One that was less ugly, but still resembled the males.

I actually quite like this gangly looking version. If it was cleaned up a bit, I'd be satisfied it as a good representation of a female Jungle Troll with believable sexual dimorphism. You could make this design cute in an awkward sort of way, no problem.
    i never saw this, kinda look cute, now i actually don't know what i prefer more, but this is definitely not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Troll females are popular, especially after model revamp their number highly increased. I think that Zandalaris will have their faces worked on as the issue is with facial rigging, not textures as textures look good.
    Maybe anecdotally, but trolls are ~6% of the population and only 32% of trolls are female, according to realmpop.com so, they aren't exactly what I'd call popular by any stretch of the definition of the term.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i never saw this, kinda look cute, now i actually don't know what i prefer more, but this is definitely not bad.
    Yeah. Everyone always talks about how ugly the old Troll female models were and acts like this version never existed. There's only a few scattered screenshots of it around, and I feel it still needed some more work done on the face, but it's not a terrible design in concept. Clean it up a little, and it'd be rather nice.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Did you know there was actually another Troll female model between this one and the final one they went with? One that was less ugly, but still resembled the males.

I actually quite like this gangly looking version. If it was cleaned up a bit, I'd be satisfied it as a good representation of a female Jungle Troll with believable sexual dimorphism. You could make this design cute in an awkward sort of way, no problem.
    Oh wow. No I hadn't seen that one before. That's pretty neat. Yeah, textbook ugly cute.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Oh wow. No I hadn't seen that one before. That's pretty neat. Yeah, textbook ugly cute.
    Well, collecting obscure images is my hobby. I'm kind of hoping they revisit this kind of design if they make Forest or Ice Troll female models.

Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    Maybe anecdotally, but trolls are ~6% of the population and only 32% of trolls are female, according to realmpop.com so, they aren't exactly what I'd call popular by any stretch of the definition of the term.
    They still do good with such a big competition. There are 13 races so overall 26 combos, and now even bigger with allied races.
    Do not forget that blood elves have acces to paladin class and demon hunter which is one of the reasons why they're so popular.

You made it sound that they're completely neglected and close to nobody plays them, but I kepts on running onto them when I was playing, not to mention a lot of raiding players chose trolls for their racials.

They're not unpopular, they're not super popular, they're fine.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

5+ Year Old Account
    The best stats I can find for gender breakdown by race are Chaud's numbers from 2015 and it actually averages out closer to 40% of all trolls being female.

With over 42 million characters created that's slightly upwards of 1 million female trolls.

With 48% of the population being Horde that's 19 million people, give or take a few hundred thousand. With 6 races divided equally that'd come out to about 3 million per race. And if by magic the population were a straight 50/50 gender split, that'd put the expected value of female trolls right at 1.5 million.

So... there's almost as many troll women as could be expected from a direct race/gender split if all races had equal numbers (but with Belves that was never going to be a thing).

It's kind of impressive there are so many troll ladies. And with the Zandalari coming, soon, I think we'll see that number grow.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.