Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    a decent gamer with some money on the side would never think being around throttling temperatures to be remotely acceptable
    Wow, what a load of bull. A decent gamer is going to want to push their OC as far as humanly possible and if that means right up against the thermal throttle limit so be it.

However, we're also talking about a non-K chip, so it's not like we are talking about a decent gamer to begin with.

In addition, are you trying to tell me that I am wrong? That putting a Cooler on a Non-K Series chip will actually make it faster? It won't make it faster and while it MAY extend the life, it's lifetime is already so long that it will be replaced long before it stops performing as it does now. Putting a cooler on a non-K CPU is not going to do ANYTHING for it, decent gamer or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Wow, what a load of bull. A decent gamer is going to want to push their OC as far as humanly possible and if that means right up against the thermal throttle limit so be it.

However, we're also talking about a non-K chip, so it's not like we are talking about a decent gamer to begin with.

In addition, are you trying to tell me that I am wrong? That putting a Cooler on a Non-K Series chip will actually make it faster? It won't make it faster and while it MAY extend the life, it's lifetime is already so long that it will be replaced long before it stops performing as it does now. Putting a cooler on a non-K CPU is not going to do ANYTHING for it, decent gamer or not.
    nope , simply stating that you'd never want your cpu to throttle shit down while you are gaming. For the price of coolers you'd be cheap to let hardware overheat.
    I don't understand why you think getting to throttle temps which are around 90°C is somewhat normal
    Last edited by valax; 2018-02-05 at 05:07 PM.

Guess I’m not a decent gamer then since hitting temps that high is unacceptable. With a decent cooler, you’ll be pushing the acceptable voltage beyond what’s considered safe long before you reach the throttling limit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Deleted
    Do addons produce decrece fps by alot?

- - - Updated - - -

something is wrong in your pc i have I5 6600k not overclocked rn which sits around 3.5 to 4 ghz and a 1050ti.
    Yet i play at graphics settings 7 + view distance 10 and have better performance than you? Looking at the hardware it should not be the case , so either something is going bad or you are playing in windowed mode while having other things open in background ( in windowed you render also everything else in your desktop /wow background)

- - - Updated - - -

a decent gamer with some money on the side would never think being around throttling temperatures to be remotely acceptable
    If somethings wrong how can i fix it .I have gone to some exprets to repair it and they said everything is working fine.

Maybe it's a little offtopic, but does a GTX 1070 (11GB) actually exist?

I get 60 fps everywhere except extremely crowded areas where I drop to 35-40 fps. At 1080p, settings at 10(ALL of them), Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 8GB and an i7 6700k at 4.4Ghz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Maybe it's a little offtopic, but does a GTX 1070 (11GB) actually exist?

I get 60 fps everywhere except extremely crowded areas where I drop to 35-40 fps. At 1080p, settings at 10(ALL of them), Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 8GB and an i7 6700k at 4.4Ghz
    I will upgrade to a i7 7700k but is it worth if i dont have a z motherboard?

Deleted
    Is it worth buying a i7 7700k without a z motherboard?

Quote Originally Posted by Squeakyz View Post
    Is it worth buying a i7 7700k without a z motherboard?
    it defeats the purpose of the k processor , without motherboard support you will at best be able to lock it at the core highest frequency but you won't be able to overclock

it defeats the purpose of the k processor , without motherboard support you will at best be able to lock it at the core highest frequency but you won't be able to overclock
    Yes and no. The 7700 has a stock clock of 3.6 with a turbo of 4.2. The 7700k has a stock clock of 4.2 with a turbo of 4.5. So if you buy the K, you still get the benefit of running at 4.5 without any OC at all as opposed to 4.2 with the 7700.

Now, whether or not the .3 boost in clock speed is worth the price difference is an entirely different matter and really, up to the individual. For some people, it would be worth it.