Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Considering the southern Barrens are *already* something of a warzone I think it'll be a fine example of a Warfront.
    Lore wise, the Alliance was cleared out of it some time ago hasnt it? Garrosh reduced their forts to rubble with Dark shaman.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Lore wise, the Alliance was cleared out of it some time ago hasnt it? Garrosh reduced their forts to rubble with Dark shaman.
    It could be an invasion from the sea, like Undercity will be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Everything I know of still has Honor's Stand as being still in existence. Northwatch Hold was indeed destroyed and its survivors fled back to Fort Triumph (which had been previously abandoned as the fighting had shifted to Northwatch), but all that infrastructure appears to still be standing. Northwatch Hold was being rebuilt when Varian himself arrived and routed the Horde from the area, which is part and parcel of what leads up to Theramore later.

Unsure how much of the Alliance's forces remain in the area without the support of Theramore at their backs, but they've probably still got a toehold in the area.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    It could be an invasion from the sea, like Undercity will be.
    The datamined string was asking the alliance to break through the gates of Mulgore.

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    i doubt that the massive flamestrikes that multiple mages can conjure together are like "normal bomb"

worgen never retake the city, it was abbandoned the moment garrosh stop to care about it. still gilnean worgen never win anything, only the add of the silverpine pack and alliance did something, unless it failed miserably sortly after.
    more important alliance didnt outmaneuver in andorhal, the armied tricked peons randomly attacked forsakens and then alliance's forces had to break the truce for some reason
    The worge were winning in their starting zone forcing Sylvannas to flee but despite that still had to flee Gilneas because sylvannas was readying plague against orders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Varian quickly retook it by the end of Tides of War, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporebat View Post
    Lordaeron is not fine its the reason the Allies choose to rebuild Stromgarde instead.

So not only did they fail to kill the primary target Sylvanas they also captured a worthless plague ridden city in a land that is full of death and disease.

I wouldnt chalk that up to a successful campaign imo.
    The Argent Crusade will most likely be very happy to help purify the land like they've already done with the Plaguelands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is now Radioactive and will kill anyone who goes anywhere near it!!
    Not entirely. Most of Lordaeron is far enough away from Capital City/Undercity that the scorched-earth tactic really only effected part of Tirisfal. The Silver Hand still controls most of the Plaguelands (which were also part of Lordaeron), and with the Forsaken on the run odds are good the Alliance is going to push and retake Gilneas and the parts of Lordaeron that the Silver Hand isn't in control of (at least initially; whether the Silver Hand is allowed to remain neutral is another question entirely).

The real takeaway here should be that Sylvanas willingly plaguebombed the battlefield while Horde troops were still out on the field, which Saurfang tried to talk her out of. I foresee her being deposed by Saurfang later on this expansion, especially with the level of detail put into his new model and how very unique his armor is even by leader standards.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    The worge were winning in their starting zone forcing Sylvannas to flee but despite that still had to flee Gilneas because sylvannas was readying plague against orders.
    north gilneas was under forsaken control and the city war zone until 7° legion attacked. before the only success of gilneans was freed for some time emberstone mine, then they evacuate the city with the aid of night elves and did some guerrilla thanks the bloodfang pack.

Do we know why the horde burn Teldressil? Please tell me that blizzard gives a good reason for it. I don't want another theramore.

Now imagine if Alliance attacked first and horde burned Teldrassil because of Lordaeron which would cause Tyrande blaming Anduin for stupid attack on Undercity and destroying her home. Alliance civil war confirmed

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Do we know why the horde burn Teldressil? Please tell me that blizzard gives a good reason for it. I don't want another theramore.
    probably will be just another accident making the Horde look bad for the alliance (as traitors and cowards blablabla) also making the horde the poor misunderstood guys( we have no guilt here, it was a mistake!)

Or, who i think its very unlikely, it was something made by the alliance to put the guilty on the horde

I don't think it will be something deliberate, like sylvanas coming up to everyone and "hey lets kill all the damn elves and burn the tree down" and everyone like "lol ok fine"

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    probably will be just another accident making the Horde look bad for the alliance (as traitors and cowards blablabla) also making the horde the poor misunderstood guys( we have no guilt here, it was a mistake!)

Or, who i think its very unlikely, it was something made by the alliance to put the guilty on the horde

I don't think it will be something deliberate, like sylvanas coming up to everyone and "hey lets kill all the damn elves and burn the tree down" and everyone like "lol ok fine"
    Alternatively, the Horde somehow gets knowledge hinting towards an urgent necessity of burning Teldrassil because that failed World Tree is currently exploited by "someone" (N'Zoth, Azshara, the Void Lords, whatever) and the Alliance either doesn't get that knowledge or can't simply get over the fact that the capital of their allies is a pile of ashes and can't forgive it.

Let's be honest though:

Don't know about "everyone" but I would personally be very much "lol ok fine" with that.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    It should be a cinematic, but it won't happen. Being in the book has it's benefits like inner thoughts etc, but not being reflected ingame is bullshit. Suddenly someone who wasn't able to pick up the novel sees Alleria oposing and stating book-related shit to Sylvanas in game with no context at all. 'Crucial' events and moments like these should really be developed and shown in game.

Remember when they killed Cairne in a novel? Good times.
    Would you rather they make a book. Or make only 1 cinematic in BFA and have to be a shitty play for 30 minutes of the wind runners talking? Yeah it sucks we can't see everything in game. But you have to rmemeber its a game. We cannot be there for every single conversation and talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    The Zandalari participate in the siege of Lordaeron? That has some very interesting implications. Makes me wonder if maybe the dark irons were involved in the burning of teldrassil, as well.
    HOW!? You burned our tree, this was the ultimate test to join our faction?

- - - Updated - - -

Lordaeron is not fine its the reason the Allies choose to rebuild Stromgarde instead.

So not only did they fail to kill the primary target Sylvanas they also captured a worthless plague ridden city in a land that is full of death and disease.

I wouldnt chalk that up to a successful campaign imo.
    Oh you're sooooo right. Driving the Forsaken out of their capital city is defenetly a loss for the ally xDDDDD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I disagree, since they lack the leverage and ability to keep all the warhawks in check,
    Magni literally speaks for the planet. What more do the Horde and Alliance want?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriexo View Post
    HOW!? You burned our tree, this was the ultimate test to join our faction?
    Horde fans are really grasping at straws. Just accept that Sylvanas is and evil selfish zombie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Horde fans are really grasping at straws. Just accept that Sylvanas is and evil selfish zombie.
    That's not accepting, that's bias. Even "evil selfish zombies" need a reason to randomly burn a fucking World Tree.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    That's not accepting, that's bias. Even "evil selfish zombies" need a reason to randomly burn a fucking World Tree.
    Sure, but Sylv randomly destroying an island is more feasible than maybe somehow for some reason the Dark Iron burning the tree then Anduin being like "wow guys, that's cool, wanna team up?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Magni literally speaks for the planet. What more do the Horde and Alliance want?
    Someone needs to beat both sides into submission under a common banner and pretty much the only being capable of doing so would be Azeroth herself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Someone needs to beat both sides into submission under a common banner and pretty much the only being capable of doing so would be Azeroth herself.
    I'd support that. Let all Order Halls and player characters join the titans, get all other neutral factions on board, and crush both factions. Heck, I would even join the Voidlords if we could get rid of this annoying, forced faction war.