Which 120mm case fans? Is this true?!

https://us.hardware.info/comparisont.../361426-192932

I have always been a Noctua supporter, however, reading this I am surprised .. Can this really be true? That the Silent Wing 3 are far superior than Noctua?

Looking for 3x 120 mm intake

My final setup would be:
    Front: 3x 120mm intake
    Bottom: 2x 120mm intake

Rear: 1x 140mm exhaust
    Top: 2x 140mm exhaust

5 intake and 3 exhausts, all PWM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    https://us.hardware.info/comparisont.../361426-192932

I have always been a Noctua supporter, however, reading this I am surprised .. Can this really be true? That the Silent Wing 3 are far superior than Noctua?

Looking for 3x 120 mm intake

My final setup would be:
    Front: 3x 120mm intake
    Bottom: 2x 120mm intake

Rear: 1x 140mm exhaust
    Top: 2x 140mm exhaust

5 intake and 3 exhausts, all PWM.
    All I see is specs and on paper Noctua is better (cfm) the test is from 2014 and the results are ... odd.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Cyrops: Yeah, as you pointed out, on paper Noctua is better, however, the tests says different?? I've been trying to find other sources but I cannot seem to find any valid ones :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Cyrops: Yeah, as you pointed out, on paper Noctua is better, however, the tests says different?? I've been trying to find other sources but I cannot seem to find any valid ones :|
    I doubt you will, the test makes no sense to me, I'm not sure how can something rated for 17.8dB(A) achieve something over 40, that's more than twice.

In my opinion, the test is garbage. The only valid test is for CPU fans that show different temperatures, but that is also not reliable.

I say don't worry too much about it, either go with something that has low noise or high CFM, whichever measurement you are looking for.
    Or buy one fan from different manufacturers, then do some tests yourself using something like Anemometer.

I found 1-2 reviews were the Noctua was better but its always hard to benchmark alot of fans and you not always see that RPM they used.
    Overall on high RPM Noctua is always the best fan but on low RPM a Silentwing can be abit better.
    Just yesterday i installed 5 of the new Noctua NF-F12 PWM chromax and without adjusting the perfect RPM/Cooling/Noise for me they already very quiet and the cooling is great. On Idle my 6600k + H100i runs on 18-20° and my GTX 1080 MSI Armor is on 24°.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    I found 1-2 reviews were the Noctua was better but its always hard to benchmark alot of fans and you not always see that RPM they used.
    Overall on high RPM Noctua is always the best fan but on low RPM a Silentwing can be abit better.
    Just yesterday i installed 5 of the new Noctua NF-F12 PWM chromax and without adjusting the perfect RPM/Cooling/Noise for me they already very quiet and the cooling is great. On Idle my 6600k + H100i runs on 18-20° and my GTX 1080 MSI Armor is on 24°.
    What's your temp in room like? +10C?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    What's your temp in room like? +10C?
    17.7° atm i use a Corsair 540 Air and the PC stands in the corner far away from the heater on wooden floor and each wall is a exterior wall so its 13-16° down there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    17.7° atm i use a Corsair 540 Air and the PC stands in the corner far away from the heater on wooden floor and each wall is a exterior wall so its 13-16° down there.
    Yikes, my room is nowhere near as low as 20C, I'm happy with 30C idle.

Ended up buying 3x Noctua NF-S12A PWM - 120mm (NF-S12A PWM)