Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Wrong because there were cheaper stamps he didn't use one, thus he over spent.

But, but but in addition to my last point I have another, Where exactly did they put this envelop they put this stamp on?

The reason I ask is because while the stamp is destroyed for all intensive purposes for why it was as valuable as it was to begin with, did anybody actually mail it?

Because near as I can tell once that letter was sealed and posted, it couldn't be handled by just anyone, especially if it were in the possession of the U.S mail. Now I am not saying one way or another, but if they failed to get that damn thing mailed, then the STAMP as you mentioned still being of value, would be his and in his posession even if it were on someone of his staff.

However if the envelope he used the stamp on was in transit, well then technically it shouldn't count. Unless they happen to have an official U.S postal worker or the postmaster general on standby.

He actually used it on a post card and sent it to the lawyer handling the estate. It was postmarked and delivered

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I would just charter a mega yacht. 30 mil gone.
    Nice try but that wouldn’t cost anywhere near 30 million, but you’re on the right track. You could also rent a fleet of Gulfstreams fly you and 30 of your closest friends to Dubai and rent one of their finest rooms. Be careful because some come with comps that have value whenever you’re done.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Just buy Bitcoins, money goes poof in a moment without getting anything in return!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Nobody could possibly be able to "use" 400 hookers in 30 days. That would be over 10 coitus sessions per day, every day, for a month
    I'd of course engage in orgies. Not sure if the contract would stipulate I penetrate each and every hooker or not but in that case I'd have to line them up.

10+ Year Old Account
    He actually used it on a post card and sent it to the lawyer handling the estate. It was postmarked and delivered
    All at once? I gotta watch this fine movie again this thread is a great excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Sporebat View Post

I suppose i could blow a small chunk of it on charity
    You can't give it away.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong because there were cheaper stamps he didn't use one, thus he over spent.

But, but but in addition to my last point I have another, Where exactly did they put this envelop they put this stamp on?

The reason I ask is because while the stamp is destroyed for all intensive purposes for why it was as valuable as it was to begin with, did anybody actually mail it?

Because near as I can tell once that letter was sealed and posted, it couldn't be handled by just anyone, especially if it were in the possession of the U.S mail. Now I am not saying one way or another, but if they failed to get that damn thing mailed, then the STAMP as you mentioned still being of value, would be his and in his posession even if it were on someone of his staff.

However if the envelope he used the stamp on was in transit, well then technically it shouldn't count. Unless they happen to have an official U.S postal worker or the postmaster general on standby.

- - - Updated - - -

That's actually a good idea, but my guess is it wouldn't count because in game currency isn't actually legal tender, which kind of begs the question could Brewster have simply converted the currency through an exchange, I am sure by some means that should technically count as spent, because it is no longer backed by the original source.
    Did you watch the movie? They mailed it.

Nobody could possibly be able to "use" 400 hookers in 30 days. That would be over 10 coitus sessions per day, every day, for a month
    You don't necessarily need to go 1on1. In fact, if you've got 400 hookers you probably shouldn't.

Although yes, that part does raise some issues. The original stated something along that you must get normal value to the things you pay, ie paying a hooker for 30 days and only doing her once wouldn't cut it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    You can't give it away.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you watch the movie? They mailed it.
    I did but it’s been a long time. I forgot all the rules too. Like you can’t give it away I forget if you can’t gift it away either like say buy everyone a Mercedes or something.

Open's Clash of Clans.
    36 minutes later...
    Could I have another $30 million please.

10+ Year Old Account
    The most expensive hooker is going to cost you $420,000 a week approximately so get like 5 rent out 6 Gulfstreams with Fuel go to Dubai rent out an entire floor in on of those $30,000 a night deals you’ll be well on your way to over 30 million.

The most expensive hooker is going to cost you $420,000 a week approximately so get like 5 rent out 6 Gulfstreams with Fuel go to Dubai rent out an entire floor in on of those $30,000 a night deals you’ll be well on your way to over 30 million.
    Instagram models are selling sex for millions on the regular.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Instagram models are selling sex for millions on the regular.
    Yeah I’m sure they’re selling a lot of things nobody would actually pay for. For that kind of money time to be brutally honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I've seen this movie. It was called "Brewster's Millions."
    I've seen that mentioned.

Oh right, in the original post.

Good job reading
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Yeah I’m sure they’re selling a lot of things nobody would actually pay for. For that kind of money time to be brutally honest.
    There are 1,000 millions in 1 billion. 1 billion dollars is conceptually nothing to many saudi oil legacies. Imagine not even noticing if you were missing a million dollars. That's how rich they are. They'd look at a 420k weekly rate for a prostitute and probably hire them to wash their pet camels.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not. I'd buy a house, a new car, probably a couple of other instruments that I don't own currently and then invest the rest. I try to live rather simply.

All at once? I gotta watch this fine movie again this thread is a great excuse.
    I put a video of the scene in question in a post that you replied to...

Here it is again:

“The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

That's $30 million in the 1980's (what Trump would call a small loan) so we need to adjust for inflation. So in today's standards it would be $69 million.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Nice try but that wouldn’t cost anywhere near 30 million, but you’re on the right track. You could also rent a fleet of Gulfstreams fly you and 30 of your closest friends to Dubai and rent one of their finest rooms. Be careful because some come with comps that have value whenever you’re done.
    Throw in some Instagram thots and blow and I'd be over, not including the last week stay in the hospital after fornicating my heart into submission.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just spend it al on in game loot boxes.

What do you have in the end?

Nothing tangilble

If I remember that movie correctly, that is right.

Once any stamp is marked (and IIRC once it's been ran through the post office) it becomes their property. Not yours. Which is the reason you are not supposed to reuse stamps that have been used to mail something even if they haven't been marked as used. Once it goes through the PO, it's their property.

They mention something about that when the two bankers get the postcard.

These days it would be very easy to spend 30 million and have nothing to show for it (as in no assets) but I'm almost positive anything like cryptocurrency would be an asset just like any stock would be. If it carried value and you own it, it's an asset.

Spend 30 million in 30 days with no assets at the end. I'd have no trouble.
    Last edited by quras; 2018-02-06 at 03:58 PM.