Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    Unless you're a streamer, part of the crew running a fansite, or a mythic raider with mythic argus down you will not get an invite to the initial Alpha.
    Makes me wonder if I'm still on someone's list somewhere because I typically get in first wave across all of their IPs. Actually I think the only time I recall not getting first wave was the D3 Necro beta.
    Sarkhoza(Neglected) Thanos(Neglected) Saronus(New (Old) Main. WIP.)
    <Crux> Zul'jin - US

#TeamWaycrestHallowsEnd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    A streamer said that they are removing the allied race requirements in Legion.
    I dont belive that.
    It doesnt make sense to have them in the first place and then remove them (the requirements) and secondly Ion himself said they are supposed to be prestigious and not hand outs.

WoW beta client in launcher was just renamed from World of Warcraft Event to World of Warcraft Alpha. WoWDev client renamed from Alpha to dev.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only alpha/beta I've ever gotten in was the WoD beta. Not sure why, maybe because everyone and their grandma got into the WoD beta.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    WoW beta client in launcher was just renamed from World of Warcraft Event to World of Warcraft Alpha. WoWDev client renamed from Alpha to dev.
    Hype!!!

Too bad I still have 1 exam tomorrow and 1 the day after...
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Hype thrusters: ENGAGE!

Madness will consume you!!!

Hello I have a question - is there a way to import Zandalari models? I usually used WoW model viewer to import models, but I dunno how is that with races that are not available yet?
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    OMG A STREAMER SAID SOMETHING CLICKBAITY THAT HAS TO MEAN ITS ALWAYS TRUE AND THERE ARE NO LIES POSSIBLE /s

Seriously? A random streamer is your divine source?

And before you jump down my throat going "lawl kek topkek told you it's today!" No you didn't, you claimed some random streamer did. Which is about as reliable as the drunk hobo down the street.

It might be today, might be tomorrow.. nobody knows
    You have anger issues.

Is it.....is it happening?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marlamin View Post
    wow beta client in launcher was just renamed from world of warcraft event to world of warcraft alpha. Wowdev client renamed from alpha to dev.
    omg omg omg omg

Even if we dont get the alpha, theres still SpaceX!
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veldoranz View Post
    Is it.....is it happening?
    It be happening. Get onboard the hype train, we are going off!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Even if we dont get the alpha, theres still SpaceX!
    Which was delayed by an hour. Sure hope these things don't happen at literally the same time. SpaceX goes first, sorry Blizz.

has anyone heard something about adjusting models this xpac ?

i.e. to smooth down that idiotic run animations a bit ? or some other stuff ? or are the model how they exist now are marked as final and go same into BfA ? did anyone heard something about stuff like that (model related things) ?

Which was delayed by an hour. Sure hope these things don't happen at literally the same time. SpaceX goes first, sorry Blizz.
    What do you think they're waiting for? They're all watching it too.

All aboooooard!

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Apparently, from what I've heard, once you get invited to one beta, blizz keeps flagging your account for each expansions beta afterwards, even if you have been unsubbed for some time.
    I don't believe this is true. I was in the WoD Beta, but I didn't get an official invite in the Legion Beta. I did get in near the very end, but only from a late WoWHead contest giving away invites.

Deleted
    The moment when you get an email from Blizzard Entertainment, and then its just a reminder for Prepurchasing BFA....I HAVE PREPURCHASED IT ALREADY BLIZZARD

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I don't believe this is true. I was in the WoD Beta, but I didn't get an official invite in the Legion Beta. I did get in near the very end, but only from a late WoWHead contest giving away invites.
    I want to say it has something to do with how much feedback you give? I got beta in MoP and didn't do any feedback really. Got it at the end of WoD (last month or so) and gave a lot and then got it earlier in Legion. Totally anecdotal evidence but it makes sense to me in some way that theyd prioritize people who gave more data than those who didn't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Ogres are the definition of "hard" to implement, they have no female model. Something Worgen had a major issue with also, which now nobody plays because the female Worgen look retarded. Ogres also suffer from the "thicc" problem, which is unappealing to the majority of the human race. They also *should* be as big or bigger than Tauren which creates geometry issues and you have to stretch armour textures across a larger surface area which (like Pandaren) makes everything look terrible.

The further you get away from the Human aesthetic the less popular the race becomes.

At 110, the bottom 5 least popular races in ascending order are: Goblin(2%), Pandaren(2%), Gnome(3%), Dwarf(4%), Worgen(4%)

These are percentages of overall characters at 110. Top 5 are Draenei/Orc tied(7%), Nelves(16%), Humans (17%) and Blood Elf(19%)

Its not rocket science, people play human-like races in every mmorpg not just WoW. Nobody likes short races, nobody likes ugly monster races, nobody likes fat races.

When the data for the current 4 allied races starts to come in, you'll see everything except humans/elves drop even further in popularity. Why on earth would Blizzard add races that are basically guaranteed to fail right out the gate.... especially when some of them are significant effort to bring in.

they having no female is a good thing, since they can come up with everything with they want, with a good and "pretty" model, pretty much like the female pandaren

and why are we discussing about population? no other single race will be more popular than fucking elves and humans because they are generic cliche and on top of that, have the most op Racials and better models on transmog

There are too much other races, tastes are divided among these, if you just want bring up pretty races thy will never add any other race ever again, because thy will never achieve the elf lv

put a good locking female, amazon style like female orcs, make then have good racials and class combos and without being hunched i assure they will be only behind of orcs.( you rly underestimate a meme race, i already can see a thousand of those Shrek running around)
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-02-06 at 05:50 PM.

3598 pages and it's not even out to public yet.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.