The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Is that the one at 55 seconds?
    The Destiny armored one, yes.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    This was Ghost I remember from the comics.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Walter Goggins is playing the bad guy and Laurence Fishburne is possibly Goliath.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Psylocke from X-men Apocalypse, looks close to comic book accurate but dosnt offer much protection when getting swatted arround.
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20160706071315

Captain America from MCU, looks kinda comic book accurate with a real world twist. Looks like it has quite a bit of protection at the joints and Made of Kevlar with strike plates like current US military combat armour, even has a helmet that protects too.
    https://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-conte...ure-902703.jpg
    Fox's X-men universe has largely been kept realistic, most of the costumes have just been black leather suits. Psylocke, Magneto and reboot Deadpool are some of the few characters that have tried to appear comic book accurate.

In the MCU Ant-Man and Vulture's costumes are the only ones I can think of that diverged significantly from the source material.

Actually, Antman isn't much of a divergence from the comics.

Have to make an allowance for the "reality" check I suppose.

Any bets on how indecent cpt.Marvel is going to be?

Disneyfication is a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Actually, Antman isn't much of a divergence from the comics.

Have to make an allowance for the "reality" check I suppose.
    Very apparent ant-motif helmet vs. rather generic looking red spacesuit I'd say is enough of a change to call it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    This was Ghost I remember from the comics.
    I really enjoyed Ghost in the thunderbolts. Considering how they portrayed ant man in the first movie, ghost is a rather extreme version of his anti-corporate side. I've always pictured ghost as sounding like Christopher Lloyd in the comics but I'm sure the female switch will work out fine.

As for the Captain Marvel side of this thread, my dream would be for the mutant's introduction into the MCU to be Rogue power draining Carol. That used to be such a big part of her character (and her solo series where she hasn't gotten over that was enjoyable) that its hard to imagine her without that aspect of her character.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Is that the one at 55 seconds?
    Yeah. And that's probably her arm at around 40/41 seconds.

Interestingly, Ghost started as an Iron Man villain, doing all sorts of industrial espionage, and helped kick off the Armor Wars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    I wouldn't say giggle, more like facepalm.

Marvel has always had a slight social awareness to the world we live in. X-Men have been political based since their inception with comparisons to Xavier reportedly being based around Martin Luther King jr, and Magneto having a civil rights leader Malcolm X type inspiration. Magneto opposes the pacifist attitude of Professor X and pushes for a more aggressive approach to achieving civil rights. Let's not forget the social injustice of racism and prejudice the X-Men face due to being born with mutant powers to reflect which was the social climate at the time and the whole 'people fear what they don't understand' motto that came with the X-Men.

Captain America has always dealt with a more political charged America, with corrupt members of state to evil extremists, you may not even notice but its always been there. There's a Captain America event called 'Captain America No More' which is very politically charged that introduced us to US Agent.

To say comics (especially Marvel as I don't read DC so DC fans might want to chime in), never had a political or social message before is not true, because they have always been there. And its been an important part of Marvel in some stories. Especially in titles such as Punisher and Daredevil too.

IF we want to discuss Marvel slacking lately in their story department thats much is true, story wise Marvel has been sucking for a while but I don't think it being 'political' is to blame when thats been the focus for many marvel titles for many years. If anything is to blame for Marvel sucking and causing stories to suck it's the over saturation of large crossover events that keep interrupting other comics character development. The last 4 years have seen so many large scale events that I got so burned out with Marvel and just said 'f*** it'.
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-02-03 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I wouldn't say giggle, more like facepalm.

Marvel has always had a slight social awareness to the world we live in. X-Men have been political based since their inception with comparisons to Xavier reportedly being based around Martin Luther King jr, and Magneto having a civil rights leader Malcolm X type inspiration. Magneto opposes the pacifist attitude of Professor X and pushes for a more aggressive approach to achieving civil rights. Let's not forget the social injustice of racism and prejudice the X-Men face due to being born with mutant powers to reflect which was the social climate at the time and the whole 'people fear what they don't understand' motto that came with the X-Men.

Captain America has always dealt with a more political charged America, with corrupt members of state to evil extremists, you may not even notice but its always been there. There's a Captain America event called 'Captain America No More' which is very politically charged that introduced us to US Agent.

To say comics (especially Marvel as I don't read DC so DC fans might want to chime in), never had a political or social message before is not true, because they have always been there. And its been an important part of Marvel in some stories. Especially in titles such as Punisher and Daredevil too.

IF we want to discuss Marvel slacking lately in their story department thats much is true, story wise Marvel has been sucking for a while but I don't think it being 'political' is to blame when thats been the focus for many marvel titles for many years. If anything is to blame for Marvel sucking and causing stories to suck it's the over saturation of large crossover events that keep interrupting other comics character development. The last 4 years have seen so many large scale events that I got so burned out with Marvel and just said 'f*** it'.
    i think you missed the joke
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i think you missed the joke
    What part the bit where he says,

"I’m tired of simply trying to enjoy escapist stories in which people are tortured and experimented upon at black sites run by authoritarian governments, only to have the creators cram political messages down my throat" .

Not really missing the joke, more over analysing, I am aware of the part of

“Look, I get that politics is some people’s thing, but I just want to read good stories about people whose position outside society makes them easy prey for tests run by amoral government scientists—without a heavy-handed allegory for the Tuskegee Study thrown in. Why can’t comics be like they used to and just present worlds where superheroes and villains, who were clearly avatars for the values of capitalism, communism, or fascism, battle each other in narratives that explicitly mirrored the complex geopolitical dynamics of the Cold War?”

I am just trying to get a grip on this articles weird mentality.
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-02-03 at 08:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    No I didn’t. I just said that to me it didn’t appear as baggy. Which is my criticism of the first picture you linked...
    So... You do agree that the photo of Chris doesn't look as polished in the "On set" picture as it does in the film?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Since Fox is goin to be owned be Marvel and im not goin to necro the Logan thread, watching it now (noir)
    question: was it ever addressed why not just slap on Magnetos helm on Charles?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish you fucking humans would get over your dark-ages aversion to nudity already. It's fucking ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Since Fox is goin to be owned be Marvel and im not goin to necro the Logan thread, watching it now (noir)
    question: was it ever addressed why not just slap on Magnetos helm on Charles?
    Not addressed, but likely any possibility of a) It was destroyed or taken, because where is Erik? b) He grew too strong, etc.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    I am so ready for this,planning on going opening night.