Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppichulo View Post
    Wrong. We are one of the lowest if not the lowest specs right now in the game. Fire had a "bug" fixed recently and that bug was the only thing keeping us even remotely competitive (middle of the pack more or less), where as now we're complete trash.
    This guy know his shit

Whatever you say about mages we are complete useless this tier yea we bring dammage but what els do we bring ? Yea we were great in other expansions but fuck we live in 2018 not 1700. We bring stuff in the raid what every other class do aswell but then beter. A mage shoult be in the top 5 of the dammage if you ask me . Why cuase at this piont that is the only thing we can do.

Just saying stop looking at the past and look at now.
    If you want a good raid group bring warlocks instead of mages they are 10x beter then us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sawbossnl View Post
    This guy know his shit

Whatever you say about mages we are complete useless this tier yea we bring dammage but what els do we bring ? Yea we were great in other expansions but fuck we live in 2018 not 1700. We bring stuff in the raid what every other class do aswell but then beter. A mage shoult be in the top 5 of the dammage if you ask me . Why cuase at this piont that is the only thing we can do.

Just saying stop looking at the past and look at now.
    If you want a good raid group bring warlocks instead of mages they are 10x beter then us.
    What if you love playing your Fire mage? Shouldn't that be the most important thing? Who gives a shit if some lock is doing more damage than you? If you hate your mage, stop playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    What if you love playing your Fire mage? Shouldn't that be the most important thing? Who gives a shit if some lock is doing more damage than you? If you hate your mage, stop playing it.
    Love my fire mage. But my mythic RL cares that I'm getting smashed by warlocks...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XzistencE View Post
    Love my fire mage. But my mythic RL cares that I'm getting smashed by warlocks...
    I'm sure you're exaggerating, Blizzard has no interest in some classes 'smashing' other classes. And if you remember, in early Legion, a Fire Mage would easily 'smash' any Warlock, so I'm sure it's just a temporary balance thing.

Deleted
    I'm sure you're exaggerating, Blizzard has no interest in some classes 'smashing' other classes. And if you remember, in early Legion, a Fire Mage would easily 'smash' any Warlock, so I'm sure it's just a temporary balance thing.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...gregate=amount
    And since the HS bracers ignite bug was fixed, fire is just "lower". (Though this DPS difference is not smashing.)
    Last edited by mmoc8f28c533f3; 2018-02-03 at 05:00 PM.

I have always played a mage and we are getting killed on meters But this is Blizzard who know what will change next . I know I wont be top like early legion I also know that the warlock in my raid group right now is having a great time just calling me the guild vending machine for the tables lol . But I play what I like try and change what I can to not be a detriment to the raid .

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel08 View Post
    I also know that the warlock in my raid group right now is having a great time just calling me the guild vending machine for the tables lol
    Remember mate, they have been the candy dealers for way longer than we have been vending machines... Only in MoP they had an edge over us. For the rest, we have been long time rulers.

It's only fair that they have their moment of glory... we will be back on our throne sooner then they think (here's me hoping, at least )

Mages are absolute shit right now and for some reason no one seems to care. Guess its cause its end of expansion so its kind of a moot point but whether its ST or AoE other classes completely crush you unless you have the most insane RNG imaginable. Just the other day I logged 99% on mythic Worldbreaker which was good enough for 6th in dps in my raid. That's just one of many examples.

Hey look fire mage had the bug fix offset. Now it's back to being bad instead of the worst.

You know, what's the funniest part of playing a bit of every class ? You get the chance to see every class community debating day and night about how shitty theyr spec/class are. So, i guess, Blizzard did a fine job making litteraly every spec shitty and by this, balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by BlakeArt View Post
    You know, what's the funniest part of playing a bit of every class ? You get the chance to see every class community debating day and night about how shitty theyr spec/class are. So, i guess, Blizzard did a fine job making litteraly every spec shitty and by this, balanced.
    THIS. i've played multi class's now, and every fourm seriously is full of the same thing. Go to the #1 dps class fourm, you will find somewhere in there someone bitching about something getting NERFED. That being said, I just swapped from my fire mage since vanilla to a warrior. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Spaze View Post
    mage is one of the only classes that are op in every expansion and you are still whining like every other expansion we've talked yesterday about it in discord during the raid and the players who main mages said it is true

too funny if you ask me
    Mages haven't been "op" since NH since they fixed double ice lance. Have you seen warcraft logs recently? mages are in the dumpster bud. Not only that BUT both frost and fire are so rng it's disgusting.
    Last edited by Alpacapacino; 2018-02-06 at 12:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpacapacino View Post
    Mages haven't been "op" since NH since they fixed double ice lance. Have you seen warcraft logs recently? mages are in the dumpster bud. Not only that BUT both frost and fire are so rng it's disgusting.
    Oh yeah, Fire is soo RNG, you're just praying for those rare crits. Only happens 60% of the time.

Just take a gander at warcraft logs. Far too many of the fights you could parse orange as a fire mage and lose to somebody that is blue or green for their spec. That is getting smashed.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Why is always with mages that people flock in and claim "you've always been overpowered and now you're whining etc" and not with rogues who have a history of being far more competitive than mages have ever been.

Why does how strong a class was in the past even matter for current balancing? Specs taking turns is a retarded design decision Blizzard sadly does follow.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, Fire is soo RNG, you're just praying for those rare crits. Only happens 60% of the time.
    No, you're praying for a bracer proc.

In all honesty, the DPS variance Mages go through is nuts. Since the class DPS is entirely focused around procs, you can have some pulls be amazing and the next you can literally have none. I've timed some pulls as Frost to see how many casts of Frostbolt I can go through before any BF or FoF procs show up. The record I have right now is 22. When the difference between good numbers and bad numbers is out of the players hands, you have a problematic design, which might only get worse in BfA as we lose our artifacts (good luck playing Fire if you have to choose between Flame On and Phoenix Flame).
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Why is always with mages that people flock in and claim "you've always been overpowered and now you're whining etc" and not with rogues who have a history of being far more competitive than mages have ever been.

Why does how strong a class was in the past even matter for current balancing? Specs taking turns is a retarded design decision Blizzard sadly does follow.
    I just put those people on ignore, anyone who comes in a mage thread just to bitch about how little they know about mages aren't worth talking to.

Quote Originally Posted by Osirisofdoom View Post
    To answer this question we need to know your definition of "viable".

Is viable....top 10 mythic guild?
    Is viable....doing heroic with your bros or in a pug?
    Is viable....doing mythic+ casually with your friends?
    for me its options 2 and 3, Not into mythic raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    The record I have right now is 22.
    22? Christ, I wish I was as lucky as you...

Quote Originally Posted by Burnanator View Post
    THIS. i've played multi class's now, and every fourm seriously is full of the same thing. Go to the #1 dps class fourm, you will find somewhere in there someone bitching about something getting NERFED. That being said, I just swapped from my fire mage since vanilla to a warrior. RIP
    Yep. I've been on the same boat for years now.

According to class forums almost every spec and class sucks and is underpowered, EXCEPT when they are clearly overpowered, then they are considered to be 'in a good spot' ...