Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I have the same problem with a 1070 8gb and i5 7500 same problem but i do have some addons and i play on like 5-7

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Know its not your pic, but dafuq is up with the USB cable coming out of the case to be plugged in, lol, in all my years never seen that shit.
    Kind of a delayed response but i had to when I didn't see a response to the question.

That USB cable could be a few things but I have done something similar when plugging the water pump from my AIO cooler into my USB ports when a header was not free to do so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    Not sure if this is the solution or not but I was getting mad fps drops even with the lowest settings in raid, hell it was dipping to 17 for fuck sake which for an i5 4590k and a 1070 gtx is criminal, I've been playing around and yesterday I upped my voltage to 1.25 and put the ratio at 43 giving me 4.3ghz and it ran SO much better.

It's a bit hard to say, I still find it incredibly baffling that an updated game like wow can't get my GPU working over 50% yet Farcry 4 can get it to 100% load, I still feel something isn't quite right with wow.

One thing I read and have done is worth mentioning.

Get something like Afterburner and out the core voltage to +100% since from what I've read the actual core on the 1070 is too low by default so this gives it a bit more juice, make sure the power limit is at max aka 112% as well and put the temp limit at max which for me is 92, it won't get that far but if you set it low it will automatically reduce performance to get to whatever limit you set, setting it to 92 means it will never automatically do anything.

If you want you can also squeeze out some more juice from the graphics card, right now I've just added an extra 50 to both clocks but will bump it up soon since it's been this way for a few weeks now with zero problems.
    My CPU(i5 7500 not OC) usage is at 95%all the time and iv done what you said with the 1070 and is at 30%

Deleted
    Not sure if this is the solution or not but I was getting mad fps drops even with the lowest settings in raid, hell it was dipping to 17 for fuck sake which for an i5 4590k and a 1070 gtx is criminal, I've been playing around and yesterday I upped my voltage to 1.25 and put the ratio at 43 giving me 4.3ghz and it ran SO much better.
    I opened my BIOS and adjusted my CPU ratio from 35 (native) to 40, without touching my voltage ratio at all.
    I checked the temperature of my CPU and the cap was 80C° (which is pretty high tbh..) under a stress-test.

Now, wouldn't rise to 45 as you did probably will cause me some problems?
    Even if I set higher voltage, temperature will be still too high for me I suppose?

I have a case with 5 native fan cooling system and a native CPU fan for my hardware cooling.

80 under a stress test is nothing, you have to remember under absolutely no normal circumstances will your pc EVER be used as much as a stress test will so to hit 80 on that isn't bad at all, I upped my voltages and ran at 4.3 ghz and under full stress my temps just about peaked over 80, then again I have pretty good cooling.

Personally I would try and put your core to 1.25 and put the ratio to 42, the average people want to be maxing out at is 1.3 but certain cpus can be left at 1.4 but I honestly wouldn't go above 1.3 so try that and monitor it and don't worry too much about hitting 80 on a stress test, that's what I did and in a raid environment it felt so much better compared to the hardcore 17 fps lag I had before, not saying that's the solution but definitely helped me.

Are your fans running at full capacity? mine are on smart mode so the % that gets used is based on my temp, once I hit anything over 60 my fans get to 80% speed and at 70 they go full speed to keep it as cool as possible.

It always boils down to cooling, making sure your fans are on the right way so they are getting rid of the air and not letting it, it'#s been a while since I've been inside but I've made mine so the 3 fans nearer the bottom (2 on side 1 on back) are intake fans to suck the air in and the other 2 as well as the big ones near the top are to get rid of the hot air to keep that cold air always flowing.

Deleted

Update

Okay everyone, this post will serve as a big update for all of you.
    In particular, I wanted to apologize for everyone who thought I was trolling or ignoring you on purpose and everything; it's just been kinda rough at work the last few weeks (and it still is, actually), so my time to actually check this forum is poor if I want to save some for relaxation.

Here I've gathered every info you might wanna know to help me with my problem.

Once again, I want to genuinely renew my thanks towards every single person who bothered to post in my thread

MY IN-GAME GRAPHIC SETTINGS

As you can see, I am just using the pre-set to 9 intentionally to compare it with the one of my friend I'm gonna post below.
    Especially in Dalaran, the FPS is not stable at all. And you might say "hey, it's Dalaran" and I do understand that, but I can't have that general feeling of smoothness my friend's got (and I tried it first hand, so I can confirm they're not just words) on his hardware. Outside of Dalaran, I can hit FPS to 60, but will never feel smooth with details and view distance; and this is very bad because I want to fully enjoy World of Warcraft, especially thinking that I should be able to with the hardware I dispose of.
    MY FRIEND'S IN-GAME GRAPHIC SETTINGS

I am sorry for the italian language settings, here some quick useful translations:

Alta = high
    Massima = max
    Nessuno = none
    Attivato = activated
    Disattivato = deactivated

As you can see, the playing experience feels smooth with no real fps drop even when the game first load into Dalaran.
    LIST OF BACKGROUND PROCESSES

I will upload here a list of background processes that I usually run while I play World of Warcraft:

I hope this can help

@Kokolums
    As for the graphic card settings, I am not sure what you mean, but if you were refering to the in-game ones, please check out the top section of the post.
    Thank you for your help, truly.

@Naoto
    I am not sure my PC will manage to, but I will try to do as you say and change my voltage and CPU ratio settings to the ones you mentioned me.
    I will let you know asap

@bowchikabow
    So I will try to completely uninstall my GPU drivers and fresh re-install them completely right now and will let you know about the result.
    Thank you very much

Other useful tags:
    @pansertjald
    @potis
    @Squeakyz
    @SoulForge

Quote Originally Posted by ex0LL View Post
    snip
    1)You have many processes that should not be there.

a)Overwolf is known to cause issues, make it disappear.

b)Advanced SystemCare service, usual useless software that doesnt do anything if you have a clue how to work a PC generally

Generally by a quick look cause 100% sure that crap program messed something, throw a format, dont install crapware and dont install overwolf and the usual crap.

Seems like settings/drive issue as mentioned before unless there is something else at play, same time disable Vsync, its known to bug out sometimes but i doubt thats your issue.

Stop trying to OC, you dont have a motherboard that can OC unless you changed it somewhere the last week and you didnt post it.

Reset your bios setting to default in case you fucked something up too.
    Last edited by potis; 2018-02-06 at 06:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    1)You have many processes that should not be there.

a)Overwolf is known to cause issues, make it disappear.

b)Advanced SystemCare service, usual useless software that doesnt do anything if you have a clue how to work a PC generally

Generally by a quick look cause 100% sure that crap program messed something, throw a format, dont install crapware and dont install overwolf and the usual crap.

Seems like settings/drive issue as mentioned before unless there is something else at play, same time disable Vsync, its known to bug out sometimes but i doubt thats your issue.

Stop trying to OC, you dont have a motherboard that can OC unless you changed it somewhere the last week and you didnt post it.

Reset your bios setting to default in case you fucked something up too.

I'm getting rid of ASC and Overwolf, altough overwolf I just installed it 2 days ago when I purchased my new mouse - so it's probably not because of that.

As for the OC matter, this is the latest mobo I bought and installed this last weekend:
    https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Is it good for it?

Also, what background processes in particular should I try to remove?

I'm getting rid of ASC and Overwolf, altough overwolf I just installed it 2 days ago when I purchased my new mouse - so it's probably not because of that.

As for the OC matter, this is the latest mobo I bought and installed this last weekend:
    https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Is it good for it?

Also, what background processes in particular should I try to remove?
    Yes thats more than fine if you actually changed it, but didnt have you DDR3? Bought RAM also?

Also, dont get rid of programs, throw a format of your PC, have fresh windows when you are troubleshooting problems like this.

Also, is your friend on the same server as you? People in dalaran/times matter also, empty servers/full servers etc.

Just a simple question about your friends smoothness compared to yours. What monitors are both of you using? Exact model numbers if possible. He may have a G-Sync monitor and you don't. If he does, and you don't, that is why his looks smoother than yours.

Barring that, @potis has you on the right track. Format your drive, do a clean install of Windows + WoW and nothing else other than drivers and see how it looks then.

Do you always run in windowed mode? it says it's locked at 50 hz not sure why that is, either way you should never run a game in windowed mode so try that if you haven't already.

I honestly cba going through all the posts to see if your friend has the exact same setup but expecting wow to run well with those settings even for your graphics card is slightly unrealistic, expecting to put SSAO on ultra and not have fps issues is crazy mate, correct me if I'm wrong but SSAO is one if not the biggest fps killer settings for ANY game. Shadow quality as well on ultra high is absolute madness, those two settings alone will kill fps for very little gain, you only need ssao on the lowest setting to benefit from it anything else is overkill unless you have a killer rig.

Deleted
    I honestly cba going through all the posts to see if your friend has the exact same setup
    As you can see, with settings to 9/10 he can play a smooth 60fps since the moment he logs into dalaran, with no fps drop at all (compared to my 30-40fps I get with settings 7/10)

These are his specs:
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    CPU: i7-4790k 4.00GHz
    RAM: 16GB

So, compared to my specs, what is it I have to change ain order for me to experience wow so smoothly?!
    I am really getting so frustrated about this :/

My GPU is even better?
    Will OC on my i5-6600k be enough to solve my problem and get my wow to be performed just like my friend's?

Cause at this point the only thing I can't think of is actually preventing me from enjoying such high performance is the CPU..
    Here you have it, was actually the previous post page

10+ Year Old Account
    Couple of things:

Overwolf is often a scapegoat for system performance because it uses extensions for services (like the Twitch app for streaming) but in reality, it is a nothing burger when not actually in use. I use Overwolf for streaming, recording, etc.. with literally NO issue. I was using it back when I had AMD FX 4300, with DDR3 ram and a crappy little 650ti. @potis is over-reaching imo.

As for ASC.. yeah, you don't really need it. Also, some of the programs that are running multiple background processes can be shut down. Overwolf browser can be disabled, you can close the nvidia experience (it is massive bloatware), And also you can look at closing the tablet processes (unless they are critical.. as in.. literally your tablet is being connected etc).

Also, watch your performance graphs when opening WoW to see what is spiking or dipping.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Here you have it, was actually the previous post page
    Based on what I have read myself people do feel the i5 holds anything over a 1070 back and they have said once they did upgrade to the i7 they noticed a massive difference, I'm sitting on an older i5 myself with the 1070gtx so can't confirm if that is true but it may well be the case.

You can't expect the same settings as your friend if you're running an i5 compared to his i7, that's like expecting to reach the same speed as your friend in your prius when he's driving a ferrari, you have to adjust your settings to suit what computer you have and not base them on settings someone with a completely different computer has.

With the pc you always have to find that balance between eye candy and performance, you seem to want the eye candy a lot more than the performance without the equipment to make that happen, those two settings I mentioned are probably the two biggest fps killers for any game out there and you have them almost max, there are certain guides that show you what setting does, how it compares for all settings and the effect it has on fps. Don't be fooled in thinking the difference between low and ultra is massive in eye candy because it isn't for all settings yet the difference in fps between low and ultra can be as high as a 40 fps deficit.

You have to lower your expectations, build your settings around what rig YOU have and look at guides to see what effect each setting has so you know what to lower and whatnot.

Nvidia had a guide that detailed the settings, how they compare for each setting and the effect it has on fps but I can't find it, I'm pretty sure it's part of the Geforce Experience utility they have now.
    Last edited by Naoto; 2018-02-07 at 07:59 AM.

It happens!
    I have a lot on my mind
    Crap at work

................. >_>
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Deleted
    With the pc you always have to find that balance between eye candy and performance, you seem to want the eye candy a lot more than the performance without the equipment to make that happen
    Here's where you're wrong, I do have all the intentions of the world to buy better equipmenet if it allows me to have both performance and eyecandy;I just need to know what's the real problem in here especially since I have a way better gpu card than my friend. But at this point, I guess what's left for me to donow is to save up money for an i7.

If you want to spend money on an I7 then ignore the below

You've posted pictures of both of your settings, The picture angle is however different so of course the fps will not be the same, also as someone asked earlier and didn't get an answer to, Are you both the same realm (Yes this matters)?

Judging from the pictures showing the fps, yes it looks bad but you can't compare those two image, settings great, angle not so great, Better yet, a small clip from both would be more than enough (CTRL + f) to show fps on screen or use an overlay which shows more than just fps.

Also a HWmonitor would be useful, because you're saying you've OC'd and all but for all we know it isn't actually OC'd, or its throttling.

One thing i noticed is you're playing windowed (not sure if your friend is) but there are performance drops with windowed vs Fullscreen. (Also Vsync is not disabled whereas your friends is).

Also, your friend is running 0 addons unless i'm mistaken.

Deleted
    Hello, community.

I have recently changed hardware into this:

CPU: intel core i5-6600k CPU 3.50GHz
    RAM: 16GB
    System: Windows 10 64bit
    SSD (with OS only installed): 250GB
    HDD: 2TB (WoW is installed here)
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

I can't even play WoW at max graphic settings.
    Detail level, distance view is all set to 7, vsync and antialiasing are disabled and this is the best I can do to play decently (not even the smoothest yet).

This without having any addons or anything, can somebody just explain to me as to why this?
    Is my hardware not good enough or what?

Because I have some friends with even lower quality hardware that can actually run this at max graphic?!
    Just today I heard from a friend that he's got an i5 CPU and he still can run it at max settings, with a GTX 980 ( wtf?! ).

Why am I cursed not to enjoy this game?

Can somebody help me locate what's the problem in all of this? :-(
    if youre experiencing low fps with a intel cpu, check this setting https://i.stack.imgur.com/wnokY.png

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefbarrier View Post
    if youre experiencing low fps with a intel cpu, check this setting https://i.stack.imgur.com/wnokY.png
    What do I have to set it to?
    I can't understand from the picture

Deleted
    What do I have to set it to?
    I can't understand from the picture
    if it is set to "integrated" then thats why u are having low fps... make sure it is set to Nvidia processor