Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The party could create rules allowing them to kick him out. There's nothing preventing them from doing so. The government cannot prevent them from doing so because of the free association bit in the constitution. So while they might denounce him, they're not actually doing anything about it. Frankly though, I don't think they need to. The guy has no chance. The state party denouncing him should be enough, especially with the problems creating provisions to expel members from the party could create.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    He’s a Holocaust denier and anti-Semite, but Keith Ellison is black so it’s okay to be a Holocaust denier.
    The irony, of course, is that he got into trouble for seemingly comparing Bush to Hitler. A strange thing to do for a holocaust denier...

I'm surprised it took this long to get the sincere "but the Dems are just as bad!!!" post, though. Almost 3 pages. That's got to be some sort of record.

So... silly question, but is there any law saying that a Democrat cannot run as a Republican in that district?

10+ Year Old Account
    Both parties have their nuts

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

Peace
    Well played. You are on fire.

Peace
    Yeah, one side wants to feed poor people and preserve the planet for future generations, the other wants to commit genocide against minorities. Basically two sides of the coin.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well played. You are on fire.
    Could you explain what the punchline is to me, for a friend?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Yeah, one side wants to feed poor people and preserve the planet for future generations, the other wants to commit genocide against minorities. Basically two sides of the coin.
    There is always antifa

Have a wonderful day!

Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    Could you explain what the punchline is to me, for a friend?
    Merely calling out a certain poster who likes to try and equivocate everything in order to deflect.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Merely calling out a certain poster who likes to try and equivocate everything in order to deflect.
    Thanks, my friend gets the joke now.

There is always antifa

Have a wonderful day!
    And Freddy Krooger but we aren't taking fantasy characters serious now are we.

You misunderstand, I’m saying the Democrats openly embrace racism. They’re not just as bad, they’re worse. Ignoring historically having KKK members in their party as late as Robert Byrd, Keith Ellison is continually elected as a Democrat and is the DNC’s #2. This yahoo has no GOP support and will never be elected. Your party embraces groups like “La Raza” and the Nation of Islam openly. But then you show up here to pretend some wack job who tries to run as a Republican with no support and absolute condemnation from the party, is equal. You’re hilarious.
    Are you sure about that?

http://www.businessinsider.com/shock...illegal-2011-4

http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot....ssissippi.html

Oh gawds, here we go - the fucking Dumpsters are trying the old "HEY! Democrats were racists* almost half a century ago!" "The Republicans were the party of Lincoln* until we deplorables took over and adopted the southern strategy post-Regan and openly embraced racists, Nazis and (apparently now) pedophiles"

There is always antifa

Have a wonderful day!
    Yeah being against people who want to commit genocide is the same thing as wanting to commit genocide. Totally see where you're coming from there.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Oh gawds, here we go - the fucking Dumpsters are trying the old "HEY! Democrats were racists* almost half a century ago!" "The Republicans were the party of Lincoln* until we deplorables took over and adopted the southern strategy post-Regan and openly embraced racists, Nazis and (apparently now) pedophiles"
    Indeed the dems were

Have a blessed day

10+ Year Old Account
    At least he’s being up front and not in denial about it. Rather this than all the lying.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Yeah being against people who want to commit genocide is the same thing as wanting to commit genocide. Totally see where you're coming from there.
    He's mimicking a certain poster. Fairly sure genn doesn't actually believe what he posted.

I believe this comic has always adequately displays my belief in this mater rather perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I believe this comic has always adequately displays my belief in this mater rather perfectly.

I remember trying to explain this to someone on my facebook (since removed) back during the whole tiki torch nazis in Charlottesville incident.

I don't think a lot of trump supporters will agree with that comic, unfortunately. Nuance is lost on a lot of people openly supporting Trump. The most common defense I see is them using the first amendment as grounds for people like the nazis to spread their ideas.

And that's fine if that's all that was going on. The vast majority of people would laugh them out. Freedom of speech does not defend inciting violence, genocide, etc. The nuance that freedom of speech is not absolute is lost on many people. It's the same reason why you can't yell bomb on a plane.

We should not tolerate every idea.

Except SCOTUS has ruled Nazis can march. People like you shouldn’t be deciding what’s acceptable speech. If you’re that weak minded you can’t hear outrageous ideas and dismiss them for being outrageous or offensive, you’re the weak minded one.
    I'd say the people who think Nazism is at all worth listening to are weak minded, as are those who supported a proven liar in Trump. Clearly, they enjoy being lied to.