Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nickp007 View Post
    Can I get this kid banned? Would blizz do anything about it or just send some lame warning?
    Have you tried being an adult and just ignoring it?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Unless it is.
    in what situation would it be okay to tell a stranger online to kill themselves?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Have you tried being an adult and just ignoring it?
    have you tried being an adult and not tell random people to kill themselves?

No you cannot get him banned. You can always report naturally. As you are posting here I take you did not follow his advice?

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    in what situation would it be okay to tell a stranger online to kill themselves?
    I take it you've never played an online game before or you'd already know that answer.

The internet is my safe space and i'm a snowflake with no backbone! BOO HOO! He was mean to me on the internet. lol!

10+ Year Old Account
    Report, block, move on...
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Be less sensitive. Really, you can't go through life letting every little thing someone says bother you (well, you can, but you'll be worse off for it.) Who cares? How does it harm you?

If there's ongoing harassment which affects your play then sure, but otherwise just let it go.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Wow, someone told me to go hang myself in-game, better go make a whine post on Mmo Champion to get some attention!

- The mind of OP

Can I get this kid banned? Would blizz do anything about it or just send some lame warning?
    Just ignore him? Is that hard? Too complicated for ya?

You should be more concerned, if the kid attempts to swat you.

You can report him. Screepcap it and you can send it as a attachment to blizzard.

But the fact that you act like ( from your follow up post) makes me wonder what you yourself did. Because otherwise you would have reported him. Its real simple press the screepcap button ( most setups its called "print screen" ) go to forms ( with you clearly know how to). Then add the screencap as proof.

And if you know ANYTHING about the game you know if they found it grounded ( so you did not do something douchbaggy) the person will most likely get a x amount of time ban.

Their not just going to take your side of a story and be like "k done" their going to check the chat log to see if you were being a dick.

They seem to be cracking down on nastiness lately, both in game, and in the forums, so likely?

Even if this shit doesn't bother you, you still should report that kind of behavior. Because it's very likely this kind of person would be very likely to do it to someone who'd legitimately bother. (Like, someone who's dealt with suicide or has survived trying to kill themselves, or thought about it). I know some very specific assholes will read that and go "tough shit" because, like, they pretty much hate everyone, but... have a little compassion. Toxicity is bad, no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    People who play Varian and don't take tanking ulti even though they're the only melee hero on our team.

I'd also mention Varians that don't take improved block on level 4, but they deserve a fate far worse than death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should have replied "I was planning to masturbate later, but now is as good of a time as any"

You must be new to the interwebs.

10+ Year Old Account
    trust me i couldnt care less what some loser says to me on wow
    You have made yourself looked care enough.

[QUOTE=Allora;48832662]Ignore him, Snowflake.[/QUOT^^

Quote Originally Posted by Igi View Post
    And apparently that needed it's own mmo-champion thread. What's next? "Player just whispered me if i would like to join his guild"?
    A player asking someone to kill themselves is DRASTICALLY different then the scenario you've laid out.

And that gets to you ?

Did you discovered the internet yesterday?