Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...refund-worthy/

I think it's starting to happen.

Just to clarify, I have the unlocks, this doesn't affect me. However I felt the marketing for the expansion was misleading and people would get the impression they would have access to these races upon purchasing the expansion, if precedent would inform us.
    I can see it.

There are definitely some areas where you read it and it is unclear that you have to play through Legion to get the new races.

I could definitely see a false advertising lawsuit being brought against Blizzard.

The question becomes:

do they stick to their guns and keep the requirements, offering refunds to those who purchased it?

-or-

do they lift the requirements to reflect those areas where said requirements are vague?

Assuming for a second that they were forced to do one or the other, I would think lifting said requirements would be the less costly of the two options. It's Blizzard though, and they don't like to concede defeat. They'll milk bad ideas for everything they're worth, and claim it was in the best interest of the game all along. See, legendaries, ap grinds, the state of pvp, etc.

I can pretty much end the argument pretty quick and fairly in a few points

1. If you're just now coming back, and are complaining about not getting the races right away...
    - You don't deserve them because you don't know the background of the race. Therefore, you should put forth the time in farming the reputation by doing the quest chain for each race to learn about their history.
    - You just got back... why is your main focus on the races, and not catching up with the rest of the actual content that would LEAD to unlocking them?
    2. If you HAVE been playing, but are complaining about the reputation requirement.
    - Why are you playing in the first place if you don't have the reputation by now?
    - You obviously don't have time, and need to quit the game because it's obvious that you have more important outside obligations than WoW.
    - What exactly has prevented you from acquiring the rep? You get VERY WELL NEAR or into... Revered just doing the campaign.

But to defend the outcry of the reptuation requirement...

Having to go back an expansion to have access to a mount, tabard, toy, transmog, or any other cosmetic is fair, but when it can potentially increase your raid performance even by a fraction is an issue. The main expansion during that time should be the primary focus, having to go back to unlock a race just to min/max is unhealthy for the game. They even mentioned in an interview ALL the way back from BC going into LK that they wanted to steer away from players going to previous expansions to progress. I.E. tanks having to go back to Vanilla content to get Thunderfury to progress in Burning Crusade raids. Thunderfury was a threat gen machine, and was mandatory for a lot of fights that tanks that could wield them have it.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhammer85 View Post
    then again have to play OLD content to access new stuff ?
    You have to play content to get stuff. That has always been that way. Old content is what you already have done. If you haven't, it will be new to you.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    And there you go, why are some allied races available with pertinent\current content come BFA (Zandalari and Dark Iron Dwarves), yet others locked behind what is obsolete content to their expansion?

Yea, exactly.

This is a slap in the face of any returning player that comes play BFA, and having such a source of frustration makes literally no sense.
    No, it's not.
    To unlock content you need to play the game. Don't expect things to fall your hands because you bought the game. Allied Races are part of content that you need to unlock, if you don't want to work for it don't do, it's not needed. There are plenty of other options to create your character.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by FurryRedVixen View Post
    Those arguing over why did they gate content on stuff you bought, you didnt buy it yet, its pre purchased, .
    This is so absurd it fucking hurts. Nah, i didn't buy it, 45€ are gone from my account but i actually didn't buy it, it's just in a weird limbo.

How on earth is this even an argument?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazakov View Post
    No, it's not.
    To unlock content you need to play the game. Don't expect things to fall your hands because you bought the game. Allied Races are part of content that you need to unlock, if you don't want to work for it don't do, it's not needed. There are plenty of other options to create your character.

Ok then, tell me where exactly is it stated that i have to grind for multiple weeks to unlock one of the races i bought? The unlock quest that's offered in the embassy makes perfect sense, and it's what is advertised.. not the absurdly time gated requirement. Don't be daft.

Also, don't be a narrowminded whiner. WoW always had massive amounts of players, yet most tend to skip an expansion, return later, etc. Having this feature being so time locked is just a source of frustration for returning players come BFA, and i'd wager that it will be changed in the coming weeks. Either removed entirely, or simply boosting rep gained by huge amounts.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2018-02-06 at 08:30 PM.

I think its good. It's an RPG, I like playing through a story and unlocking shit.

This is so absurd it fucking hurts. Nah, i didn't buy it, 45€ are gone from my account but i actually didn't buy it, it's just in a weird limbo.

How on earth is this even an argument?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok then, tell me where exactly is it stated that i have to grind for multiple weeks to unlock one of the races i bought? The unlock quest that's offered in the embassy makes perfect sense, and it's what is advertised.. not the absurdly time gated requirement. Don't be daft.
    Embark on a quest.
    It is a quest. You just chose to interpret it as "Do a single quest and get everything".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azelas View Post
    I think its good. It's an RPG, I like playing through a story and unlocking shit.
    A million time this.
    It's so damn annoying how people now want everything handled to them in a silver plate. It's already easy to unlock the Allied Races and they complain that you have to do anything. The Suramar questline is one of the best in Legion and while i do agree that the grind for the Alliance races is kinda big i think it's not the end of the world. Anyone that have been playing the game, even casually, will already have those reps. If you are a returning player... Well, you have some catch up to do anyway.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/pro...le-for-azeroth

Early access to Allied Races
    Pre-purchase Battle for Azeroth and begin your quest to recruit four new playable Allied Races. Heroes of the Horde can enlist the Highmountain Tauren and Nightborne, and champions of the Alliance can add the Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves to their ranks.
    In prominent location as a feature of the purchase, and mentions nothing about the reputation requirements.

Now elsewhere on the page, in much smaller opaque font there is this:

Pre-purchase of World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth makes available the questlines which enable players to access the Highmountain tauren, Lightforged draenei, Nightborne, and Void elves. To unlock Allied Races quest lines, players must have a level 110 character and have met specific questing and reputation requirements on the factions that each Allied Race is aligned with.
    The point though is that there isn't a consistent and clear message of what it is a person is getting into.

You have to be a really close minded jerk to see how someone who has not been playing, or following updates, might get an e-mail about these sub races and race to preorder, only to find oops... it isn't quite what you expected.

The question is, does Blizzard really want to be THAT company that nails you with the fine print? You get that from your bank, your lawyer, your sleezy used car salesman. It becomes a question of are you TRYING to bamboozle people out of their money? Or can you admit that perhaps it wasn't as clear as it could have been and attempt to make amends. "Read the fine print." or "Do your research." is really poor customer service, and they stand to lose more than they'll gain. Being contrite doesn't cost them anything.

A million time this.
    It's so damn annoying how people now want everything handled to them in a silver plate.
    Yea, just like everyone was handled Blood Elves and Draenei's to them on TBC without shity requirements. Or Goblins and Worgen. Or Demon Hunters. Or Monks. Or Death Knights. Or wait.. there weren't silly artificial time-gates behind any of those! WOW

Yea, locking expansion-features behind shitty time gates certainly has been a Blizzard method throughout the life of World of Warcraft. No doubt. /s

Sigh. Why even bother. You're so elitist for having played through the Argus patch, no doubt, congratulations! Someone give them a medal!
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2018-02-06 at 08:37 PM.

Well, that's exactly how it worked for me. Paid the money, logged in, went to the embassy and picked up the quest. I see no problem there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LolFrank View Post
    I can pretty much end the argument pretty quick and fairly in a few points

1. If you're just now coming back, and are complaining about not getting the races right away...
    - You don't deserve them because you don't know the background of the race. Therefore, you should put forth the time in farming the reputation by doing the quest chain for each race to learn about their history.
    - You just got back... why is your main focus on the races, and not catching up with the rest of the actual content that would LEAD to unlocking them?
    2. If you HAVE been playing, but are complaining about the reputation requirement.
    - Why are you playing in the first place if you don't have the reputation by now?
    - You obviously don't have time, and need to quit the game because it's obvious that you have more important outside obligations than WoW.
    - What exactly has prevented you from acquiring the rep? You get VERY WELL NEAR or into... Revered just doing the campaign.

But to defend the outcry of the reptuation requirement...

Having to go back an expansion to have access to a mount, tabard, toy, transmog, or any other cosmetic is fair, but when it can potentially increase your raid performance even by a fraction is an issue. The main expansion during that time should be the primary focus, having to go back to unlock a race just to min/max is unhealthy for the game. They even mentioned in an interview ALL the way back from BC going into LK that they wanted to steer away from players going to previous expansions to progress. I.E. tanks having to go back to Vanilla content to get Thunderfury to progress in Burning Crusade raids. Thunderfury was a threat gen machine, and was mandatory for a lot of fights that tanks that could wield them have it.
    To yoir first few points i would say make story quests a requirenent then.

But honestly if it wasn't such an insane rep grind for the two ally factions i doubt many if any would be complaining tbh

Just increase rep per wq or add a dungeon rep would help ALOT to remove the rng

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Well, that's exactly how it worked for me. Paid the money, logged in, went to the embassy and picked up the quest. I see no problem there.
    Yet it doesn't work like that for a returning player, and that is the problem. Holy hell, someone give this guy a pat in the back for having played in Argus and not being a returning player enticed by the BFA announcement!

Yea, just like everyone was handled Blood Elves and Draenei's to them on TBC without shity requirements. Or Goblins and Worgen. Or Demon Hunters. Or Monks. Or Death Knights.

Yea, locking expansion-features behind shitty time gates certainly has been a Blizzard method throughout the life of World of Warcraft. No doubt.

Sigh. Why even bother. You're so elitist for having played through the Argus patch, no doubt, congratulations! Someone give them a medal!
    Apples to Oranges, friend. You seem decided to ignore everything to focus on the message you want to convey. Allied Races are something new and different from all those you just said. You have requirements to unlock them, they start at 20 and get Heritage Armor if you level them. Also, Death Knights required a max level character when they were released so that point is kinda in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    You have to be a really close minded jerk to see how someone who has not been playing, or following updates, might get an e-mail about these sub races and race to preorder, only to find oops... it isn't quite what you expected.
    I have a habit of reading up on stuff before I commit to buying. Others may not... but then it seems they and their money are easily parted.

Apples to Oranges, friend. You seem decided to ignore everything to focus on the message you want to convey. Allied Races are something new and different from all those you just said. You have requirements to unlock them, they start at 20 and get Heritage Armor if you level them. Also, Death Knights required a max level character when they were released so that point is kinda in my favor.
    Yea, no difference whatsoever between :

a) Having a previous expansion max level char (which you actually -need- to play the following content in the next expansion you just pre-ordered).

b) Having to play through obsolete content come the expansion, return to it often to complete silly and limited quantity of world quests irrelevant to BFA, wait weeks or even more than a month, and THEN create the race you want only to have to level it to max level to engage on the new expansion content.

Yep, literally no difference between both.

Sigh.

If the requirement was : "Complete Argus campaign", it would perfectly adequate. No time gate, you could do it at your own pace, you'd be faced with the introduction of said race to the world, bla bla...

But no, people are actually defending an absurd time gate. Go figure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I have a habit of reading up on stuff before I commit to buying. Others may not... but then it seems they and their money are easily parted.
    You're getting more absurd each passing post. Good stuff.

Yet it doesn't work like that for a returning player, and that is the problem.
    No, that is not the problem. It is as it should be. Do you feel entitled to the same rewards for less effort? Why should you get them with less work than others? What makes you so special?

I had stopped rep grinding all the other groups prior to patch 7.2 at revered to get the Pathfinder requirement for flying. And didn't come back until just after 7.3 launched. I have all the main reps at exalted now, and of the four needed for the Allied Races....Highmountain took the longest to finish. I had Suramar done because Exalted was needed as part of the quest chain unlocks, and the Argus reps were fairly easy.

That's getting to Exalted with both Argus factions from the start, before being able to finish Hightmountain from revered to exalted only.

b) Having to play through obsolete content come the expansion, return to it often to complete silly and limited quantity of world quests irrelevant to BFA, wait weeks or even more than a month, and THEN create the race you want only to have to level it to max level to engage on the new expansion content.
    Argus and Suramar are not obsolete. It's current content. That's why we get Legion allied races. They come with the pre-order as an Early Access soon everyone will have access to them. Zandalari and Dark Iron are the BfA Allied Races and will require BfA reputation and questlines.

Deleted
    Yea, no difference whatsoever between :

a) Having a previous expansion max level char (which you actually -need- to play the following content in the next expansion you just pre-ordered).

Yep, literally no difference between both.

Sigh.

If the requirement was : "Complete Argus campaign", it would perfectly adequate. No time gate, you could do it at your own pace, you'd be faced with the introduction of said race to the world, bla bla...

But no, people are actually defending an absurd time gate. Go figure.

- - - Updated - - -

You're getting more absurd each passing post. Good stuff.
    Yes, brother, it is unfortunate that our brothers and sisters choose corporate's greed side instead of ours. Maybe they find elevation in it, some sort of satisfaction that we can't play who we want the way we want. It is not even a case of 'elitism' but downright acting in a bad will. In the end Blizzard is earning subscription for the grind that we need to participate in order to unlock Allied Race. Farming reputation in no way, shape or form is a positive content. Let's hope Blizzard shall see wisdom.

Arguments of, "If you've been playing the game, you should be exalted with all the races," this is an incredibly stupid argument. "Playing the game" doesn't mean doing a specific set of content, and I can not fathom why you would believe it to mean that. What if the unlock condition for Void Elves was reach prestige rank 10? Don't like PvP, well, if you had been playing the game, you'd already have done it. Unlock for Nightborn is do a M+15 in each dungeon. Don't like it? Well, if you had been playing the game, you'd have already unlocked it. Unlock Highmountain Tauren by collecting every capturable battle pet in Legion, as well as defeat every pet battle trainer and world quest of Legion. Don't like it? Well, if you had been playing the game, you'd have already unlocked it. Unlock Lightforged Draenei by reaching an item level of 955 on a character. Don't like it? Well, if you had been playing the game, you'd have already unlocked it.

I personally don't know a single active player that has achieved all 4 of the above examples of theoretical unlock conditions that involve playing the game. That said, every active player I know has done at least one of the four theoretical unlock conditions listed above. You can easily spend hours upon hours enjoying the content of World of Warcraft and never reached exalted with any given race required for the unlock. I can spend all my time doing arenas and RBGs, and never touch the Argus questline. If what I enjoy is high end PVP, why on earth would I waste my time rep grinding? Same question with someone that loves PvE or pet battles. Personally, I'm a raider. I grind my AP through M+ dungeons, and spend the rest of my time raiding. WQs don't give me any tangible benefit, and I don't enjoy them. So why would I do them? The reward for Argussian Reach exalted is mounts I don't care about. Why would I have bothered to grind that rep? It isn't tied to content I enjoy, and it didn't give a reward I cared about. I've been a very active player all expansion, with every tier's AotC to prove it. Yet when the requirements were announced for the allied races, I had completed only one of the four unlocks. "Well if you were playing the game..." is a stupid argument, because people HAVE been playing the game, and still didn't have unlocks done on the announcement and had to go do them. This argument is inherently flawed and wrong.

As to the argument that the allied races are "just cosmetic," that is simply not true. Allied races, as races, inherently grant special abilities that other allied races to not grant. For certain classes or content, the racial abilities of these races is somewhere between "very strong" and "best." Void Elves give a damage and healing proc bonus, as well as immunity to cast bar pushback from damage. Those two combined are incredibly strong in PVP compared to other alliance racials. That is inherently an advantage, and thus it isn't "just cosmetic." You're free to argue that that kind of advantage isn't large enough to matter to most of the community, and you are correct. But that isn't the point. Allied races are NOT "just cosmetic," and the argument that it is is inherently flawed and wrong.

And since people are really stupid here, I want to reiterate that I HAVE already unlocked allied races. In fact, I'm 21 levels away from heritage armor for void elves. That shouldn't matter, but there will inevitably be ad hominemattacks on this post, so I figured I'd just go ahead and cut those off. Though this likely won't stop them anyway.