Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of Vampires in the vampire hunter D universe moved to space to escape from humans,

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Can vampires travel through space? Since the sun is basically always out in space? or do they turn to dust when they leave earth's atmosphere?

edit: just to clarify when I say travel through space. I mean in some sort of vessel like a ship.
    Depends if the weakness to the sun is via solar radiator or up rather than some just odd magic due to light then no. Even in a space craft a human is bombarded by extream levels of solar radiation when in space. Even a standard human would die pritty quickly if left in say the Keplar belts around the earth for even a short time.

I'd imagine a vampire would feel shit soon as he out of the atmosphere and turn to dust soon as it hits a keplar belt.

But vampire's are fantasy so you can do generally what you want. Make em sparkle

Deleted
    Sad thing is, nowadays, when someone hears Vampire, they immagine sparkling disco ball from Twilight...

We need more Blade / Witcher -esque Vampires...

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think vampires can be cheerleaders.
    You don't think vampires can be cheerleaders, but you think they can travel through space?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    The Madness Season, by CS Friedman.
    Out of the Dark by David Weber has a somewhat similar theme.

Alien exploration team discovers earth in the early 1700s, and observation of a brutal war raging in europe at the time convinces them that the humans are needlessly aggressive and likely to become a threat, so they decide to throw one of their more agressive member races at the humans to curb the issue before it becomes a problem.

Only they kind of fuck up, and the subjugation team arrives 300 years later, after mankind has reached modern military technology, and find out the hard way that when all of your space tech has been designed for thousands and thousands of years to ward off light based laser blasts, that it doesn't do shit to protect you against armor piercing ammunition.

And then things get downright weird when the group assigned to conquer europe happen to start obliterating towns deep in the old country of the balkans while hunting human resistance, and piss off a guy who may literally be the inspiration for the Vampire legends.

Very awesome book, but I was completely not expecting the twist 2/3 of the way through.

Deleted
    Cheerleaders are vampires from space!

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Sad thing is, nowadays, when someone hears Vampire, they immagine sparkling disco ball from Twilight...

We need more Blade / Witcher -esque Vampires...
    actually I think more vampires from the buffy/angel universe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Vampires can do whatever the author wants them to do. Because, you know, fiction.
    This is such a cheap cop out answer for these kinds of questions. Makes me see you have no imagination at all.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Well, technically space - by definition - doesn't exist either. Literally. It's called "space" for a reason. :P
    Just because does not consist of anything does not mean it does not exist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    Vampires aren't really a thing - you know that, right? Much unlike space.
    Personally I feel like Vampires are a real thing, unlike space which is just made up by Nasa to mooch on hard earned american tax money.

This is such a cheap cop out answer for these kinds of questions. Makes me see you have no imagination at all.
    Why?

In various fiction, vampires are burned by the sun. In others they are not. In various fiction, vampires need permission to enter a home, in others they do not. In various fiction, vampires are allergic to garlic, in others they are not. In various fiction, vampires can transform into bats, in others they cannot.

I mean... creativity is what I was preaching there. I'm guessing you have one concrete view of vampire fiction and are the uncreative one.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    Traditionally vampires have been bound to earthly cycles and soil. Their lore was written long before we knew anything relevant about the space or the universe around us.

Sometimes it gets changed or somehow circumvented. I've seen a comic where Vampirella and Nosferatu both fight against the Alien on some spaceship.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    They did in LIFEFORCE (1985)...

... the movie was based on a novel called "The Space Vampires."
    I remember the ending pretty well, saw when I was a boy a couple of years after the release.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    The Madness Season, by CS Friedman.
    Umm...not sure, but you have my attention..or more like "I have to buy the book now." THANKS!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    At least you missed out on the vampire baby and the pedophile werewolf and well, this:
    And Twilight fans wonder why it's mocked

i mean.....they don't need to breathe so it may be even safer. also they "live" forever so theoretically the absurd travel times are less of an issue, pretty much just the sun is a problem and i'm sure that could be solved easily enough.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

They still need to feed, and unless they can go really "exotic" that typically means human blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    They still need to feed, and unless they can go really "exotic" that typically means human blood.
    One would think they would have a human farm on their spaceship
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano