Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Such an original topic, you opened my eyes, this was never discuss in any other place.

/sarcasm off
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by AmazonDruid View Post
    So far we have:

On Ally

- Void Elf (Belf Reskin), Poor Background. Lorewise it only match with shadowpriests even though the racial leader is literally a hunter

- Lightforged Draenei (Draenei Reskin), Poor Background. Lorewise it only match with Paladins and priests, and mages, and... just look at Argus.

- Dark Iron Dwarf (Dwarf Reskin). Rich Background. They can be whatever they want. One of the most appealing allied races and the most asked of them.

On Horde
    - Nightborne (Night Elf Reskin). Poor Background. Lorewise it only match with mages.

- Highmountain Tauren (Tauren Reskin). Poor background. Lorewise they can be whatever Taurens can be except paladins, which is really weird. New Totens, new druid flight form, new druid travel form.

- Zandalari Trolls (Mostly a Night Elf Reskin). EXTREMELY RICH Background. Lorewise they can be whatever trolls already can be. Except Monk because Zandalari are one of the Pandaren enemies on MoP and they just don't like each other. New Totens, New Druid Flight Form, New Druid Travel Form.
    Made it a bit less biased for you.

1.As an Alliance Player I don't feel any appeal to play any new allied from my faction. They are just a bunch of reskins. No new druid forms, No new totens No new paladins mount... well, shouldn't the Lightforged Draenei Paladins have an Updated EXCLUSIVE Mount at least just like the horde druids are receiving cool totens and druids skins?
    A lot of people feel that way in both factions, and a lot of people completely disagree. As far as I know, void elves are the allied race that had the most hype surrounding them, though both me and you don't like them.

2. That horse is ridiculous, Even for Human characters (which I don't play) point of view. I trully loved the LOVE that Horde Raptor received. I trully hated the fact that except by the Dark Iron dwarfs every other ally allied race are just a finite group of people, not and empire or kingdom or city or wtv behind them.
    The raptor got a model fitting for Zandalar, the horse got a model fitting for Kul'tiras. It makes sense. I don't see how it received any less love than the raptor.
    The Lightforged seem to be a pretty big group of people. The Alliance has ONE allied race that isn't big in numbers.
    Last edited by Leodok; 2018-02-06 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Such an original topic, you opened my eyes, this was never discuss in any other place.

/sarcasm off
    But don't you see? This one salt thread is totally different from every other salt thread because reasons!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    The usual grass is greener on the other side bunch of exaggerated bullshit to make one side seem like injured party while the other side swimming in riches.

I say that as Alliance.
    I mean, that pretty much sums up the vast majority of the salt threads at the moment.

7+ Year Old Account
    Another Alliance Allied Races suck thread.

Keep walking guys.

Other than the Zandalari, they all seem to be on a level playing field.

Void Elves and Nightborne are just A:H elf model swaps. Lightforge are a holier version of an already holy race. Highmountain are a more tribal version of an already tribal race.

Come 8.0, Alliance will get brand new human models and the Horde will just get Orc reskins. Seem pretty fair to me so far in terms of quality and resources spent on Allied Races

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AmazonDruid View Post
    snip
    Better watch out, last time I said the Alliance got screwed again a Horde player told me to fuck off and that things were fair...so be prepared for possible assholes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Nightborne are based off the night elf model with an altered idol animation. If you've been paying attention to the forums you would know that the nightborne is considered incomplete and rushed, especially with the face structure and having the wrong eyes. They also have the WORST racials in the game. You also left out the 5% damage/healing boost of void elf since you want to present yourself as an alliance fanboy.

Zandalar males are also an altered version of the night elf model, and the females are exactly from darkspear female trolls. In fact a main complaint with them is by lore they should be 1 head taller than a human and they are not, with no signs of that being fixed.
    You call him a Alliance fanboy while straight up lying lol...worst racials in the game my ass...got a awesome aoe snare...the third Horde aoe racial int he game...they get 1% to magical damage.

The 5% you speak of for Velves is a proc not a straight buff, which only comes to around a 1% boost not a full 5%.

Zandalari both are altered, the female Zandalari isn't a straight up copy of Darkspear female...

Nightborne are altered...(And as the devs said they will be improved)

Void Elves aren't altered...they're Blood Elves copies with some new hair styles...Lightforged are copies of Draenei with some new horn styles and golden tattoos that you'll never even see unless you're wearing slutmogs.

So either stop lying or know your facts...

Rofl. You're talking out of your ass. Nightborne is the only race where it's 1% boost effects half it's classes. Everyone else racial effects either or. That average 1% boost on void elves to damage AND healing is just better than 1% boost to one stat. The aoe slow is terrible. Bad damage low duration for a 3 minute cd compared to other races getting stuns or boost cds on a lower cd.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    If people think BfA isn't going to have a lot of Void Elf lore, you haven't been paying attention. Every recruitment questline had to do with the void... Also, Lightforged just had an entire patch having to do with them.
    Dealing with the void != Void Elf lore.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Honestly, if void elves were not introduced as one of the first allied races I think the alliance would have been on a protesting rampage. What's the one race the alliance have been wanting since forever? High elves. The problem? They are part of the horde and very few remain in the alliance. People gloss over this but blood elves are literally high elves, all they did was change their name in remembrance of the fallen when the lich king attacked. So the only way to get high elves over to the alliance would either remove them from the horde (was not happening) or a civil war like event. So the solution? Void elves. Honestly it didn't have to be void elves, it could have been any other font of power because blizzard needed a distinction between blood and the high elves of the alliance. They couldn't copy/paste blood elves and call it a day - they needed more and void elves just fit with the way things were going with Alleria.

Lore wise are void elves lacking? Technically no, they WERE blood elves so any lore pertaining to blood elves works for them too. Now it's just continuing their distinction for the future in which I have ZERO hope blizzard will do. They never do. Look how long draenei took to get fucking lore on their story. 4 expansions. Sheesh.
    Pretty sure outside of Alleria, the idea of Void Elves weren't even a thing until Allied Races were announced. Even then, There are still a handful of High Elves. Mostly the Silver Covanent and Vareesa's family, but they still exist. And there are probably as many or more than the Void Elves, so why not? But eh, I don't care much either way on that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    Made it a bit less biased for you.
    Not really. Nightborne and Highmountain each had a zone that did a pretty good job of giving them background, especially the Highmountain. As for why they can't be Paladins: Tauren Worshiping the Sun as well as the Moon is a fairly new concept to them, and only to the ones from Mulgore. It makes sense that the Highmountain, who had been closed off to them for a long time, wouldn't have Paladins or Priests.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Dealing with the void != Void Elf lore.
    I bet you it will. It's pretty obvious. Blizzard isn't going to just throw some shit out there, especially not with Christie Golden there now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren-dorei View Post
    Indeed. They are a reskin of the most popular Horde race by a wide margin, and the Void Elves themselves are the easily the most popular Allied Race. Also, 'reskins' are not necessarily bad. For example, Invincible, the Lich King's mount, is just a reskin of the basic horse mount, yet it is one of the most iconic and popular mounts in the entire game. And it is clear that a massive, -mastodontic-, amount of work has gone into the Void Elves, from their elaborate and unique hairstyles (some of which are Void-infused), to their racials (which are often accused to be 'overpowered), and they even have their own Shadowform (Entropic Embrace).

Speak for yourself. They have an elaborate and complex backstory, having been exiled by their kin and almost turned into Ethereal beings by the malevolent energies of the Void.

Like the Nightborne were so much different. Their backstory is basically that of the Blood Elves; just replace Suramar City with Silvermoon City, the Nightwell with the Sunwell, Grand Magistrix Elisande with Kael'thas Sunstrider, Sargeras with Kil'jaeden and Thalyssra with Liadrin/Lor'themar. Such a creative backstory. /yawn

No, you actually gave the worst possible example, because the Ren'dorei are trained to resist the whispers, they are the first mortals in the history of the Cosmos who defied the shadows' words, whereas Shadow Priests ultimately give into the whispers; in fact, their core mechanic revolves around madness and insanity.
    Actually not true, Invincible shares a model with most hippogryphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    Actually not true, Invincible shares a model with most hippogryphs.
    It shares the model. That's the point. Blizzard is smart, making millions from the Ren'dorei even though they are just a remodel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    No they don't Zandalari male new combat animations are really new. I made a thread for that and I compared each one.
    No they are altered troll animations. A troll with a straight back that does the same animation with slight alterings. Open your eyes please. Blizz confirmed they will be upright trolls. Its not using the base of the old mop zandalari trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Korrah View Post
    No they are altered troll animations. A troll with a straight back that does the same animation with slight alterings. Open your eyes please. Blizz confirmed they will be upright trolls. Its not using the base of the old mop zandalari trolls.
    You're talking to person that mained trolls for years, I did comparision of animations between nelf and Zandalari male. Here:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...bat-animations

The only altered animation I found is the salute one. Most of emotes are shared with nelf male so far.

new animations : all combat ones except of 2H special
    -running
    -walking
    -idle
    -salute

-dance is WIP

This is how it looks so far.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria