Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Should blizz put a one week+ instance lock on Boosted toons? Sick of my alts not being able to finish LFRs for a week plus after preorders because you get a bunch of boosted toons pulling jack all DPS. It's been like this since the boosts were introduced.
    Hah! What a joke, this was already a part problem before boosted, people slack or afk without new people.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

LFR is already scraping the bottom of the barrel. I don't even mean that in a negative way. It's just that it's already been inviting people in with zero encounter or meaningful class knowledge for years, and it seems to go ok most of the time. It's just that there's a temporary flood or undergeared players dragging the average ilvl down of a system where you're used to every queue group regularly outgearing the content due to a bunch of mythic and heroic raiders carrying everyone else. If you don't outgear it yourself you have to accept this as a risk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    thats correct

also really optimistic that a 1 week lockout would change it, the dude who spams mortal strike probally played 1-110
    Honestly, the boost has brought some people back to the game who raids better than people who's cleared Legion raids up until now. It is a random dice game.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Honestly, the boost has brought some people back to the game who raids better than people who's cleared Legion raids up until now. It is a random dice game.
    ^^ this

last night there was a tank in the first wing of lfr and he was boosted but had some gear and he died on dogs and the other tank got people to kick him despite the fact he was doing fine just didnt get enough heals (literally only had me and one other person healing him)

the other tank then tried solo tanking dogs then died then pulled again thinking we got another tank and left after the kill.
    I went tank and we got a DK who had a little gear maybe 930ilvl overall and i was still tanking and he didnt understand the mechanics on council trying to tank on top of me and complained about getting 3 stacks despite not taunting from me when i had 6 and after the kill he left after saying "hopefully you now know how to tank this boss efficiently" the joke being i actually tank heroic and mythics in the past.

overall the boosted tank had better attitude and at one point our druid healers actually HELPED a boosted resto druid with his talents and healing

boosted characters arent the problem its the players

whining about LFR lul.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post

overall the boosted tank had better attitude and at one point our druid healers actually HELPED a boosted resto druid with his talents and healing
    Too many people won't do this. I try to help people in LFR even though I can solo heal them for fun. Even if it's just a few pointers to help them out, like this Mistweaver I saw going oom so quickly. Turns out he was using Essence Font on cooldown without realising how much of a mana drain it is, and not using his artifact ability for free healing.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    boosted characters arent the problem its the players
    And it's players like the OP that are the problem, not the boosted toons/new players.

Main problem is that there is nothing to do in the game other than bost a character and try it out, nothing new anyways. And with that a lot just boosted and ran with it. For that last raid you need 890 ilvl that’s it, a new character with no lengendarys will pull shit dps. Locking them out a week won’t solve anything just delay it by a week.

I've seen big chunk of lfr playerbase do sub 400k dps before the boosts. My experience is limited as I do lfr very rarely, but something tells me this isn't an issue exclusive to the boosts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    The better question is. What are you doing in LFR if you're that good?
    It is not about him being good, it is about people don't even know what their spells do, e.g.. I saw a boomie casting 2 starsurges during the whole argues fight, a warrior who refused to use IP, i could go on and on.... Some time to learn their classes should be forced onto players because they are wasting everyone else's time

Do lfr as early as you can on Tuesday. Thats when I've had the most success.

Idk. I think the problems with LFR are still more about the players than their boosted toons. Tried to tank LFR Kin on my new (900ish) bear yesterday. First someone pulls before we have a second tank in group - on a fight that is supposed to require tank swap. I'm thinking, ok, we can probably make this work because I'll drop debuff during add phase. But gee, no one is killing the adds (were they tunneling immune boss?) so now I'm tanking boss plus add indefinitely, but ok, I'm a bear and the healers can probably heal me through it. But I'm not getting heals what happened? Healers all took lasers to face. I could probably pull it off anyway on one of my geared tanks, but I don't do LFR on my geared tanks. And after yesterday, I probably won't do them on my new toons either.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by ingsve View Post
    I'll just leave this old Classic here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pcFGGsqTeA
    Exactly what came to my mind, one of my favorite rants

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    If they'd remove the enrage, 80% would be idling.
    Hyperbole. Besides, even if it still takes forever to kill Argus, at least you don't walk out with a 600g repair bill...
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by solfolango View Post
    Even the LFR heroes are freaking elitists now, what is happening to the community?
    LMAO

A lot of people are selfish elitists, they just can't show it when they are the ones being scorned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    If everyone is boosted in your LFR, and that was the case as far as I inspected people, you can hit the enrage pretty quickly. Some people didn't even bother do one AP quest to reach Artifact 60. So having people with nearly all items 870, weapon 35, stat trinkets, random stats and no leg, on top of generally a new class so no idea how to play it...
    this is the issue. It's not as much a skill question as that people are also undergeared or rather geared just enough to queue and LFR seems to assume that a decent percentage of people will be geared at least 10-30 levels above the minimum. Skill can also enter into it, of course - not only skill in playing that spec, but knowing the role. Last night we have ranged not switching to the adds in p4 of Argus. That's death, esp if they're also just barely 890.

I queued this weekend on my boosted lock and didn't wipe once.

Meh. Get over it. Boosted characters are pretty much what LFR is designed for. I'd rather see them get rid of LFR completely than implement some arbitrary lockout.

Yeah, I did Argus and it was an enrage scenario, loosing only one person before the rez. I was third on dps and damage as a tank, we enraged at .5% most people knew the fight the numbers just weren't there. We did fine after the one stack of determination. I think a lot of folks didn't have their weapons upgraded much at all. Most under the 600k range and closer to the 400 to 500.

Got it done, was just a long slog the first time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    I was able to do all as a boosted, lfr isn’t hard.
    When 90% of the raid is boosted and doing 300k dps, its hard...

The biggest problem I think is people think they can boost a character to 110 and know how to play it. Some can, most can’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    The biggest problem I think is people think they can boost a character to 110 and know how to play it. Some can, most can’t.
    No the biggest problem is that boosted characters are barely going to be at the minimum ilvl to get in LFR and no amount of knowing how to play your class will make you do more damage than your gear will allow.

People possibly should make more of an effort to get above the min ilvl, but you can rest assured that LFR is not tuned with a full group of 890s in mind. It's tuned for people being there who are doing the dps of 3 to 5 890 geared players and if those are not present in the raid because it's filled with fresh 110s hovering around 900 then well there you go.