Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyFaebelle View Post
    Vulpera have been added to the wowhead dressing room. Pretty broken at the moment but the female has a very fluffy tail and I need it
    Fluffy tail indeed. A whole lot better than that teeny stub they originally had, and appropriate for a fox-based race.

And apparently the males have that fluffy tail as well, at least from trying to get them visible.
    Last edited by Cradix; 2018-02-07 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Hey guys, what about playable race of mole men? How cool is that. they could join alliance, because dwarves saved them from troggs. Damn i am innovative genius.
    Or beaver-men for the Alliance because only beavers can repair the dam at Loch Modan.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    It doesn't change the fact that neither fit into the Horde nor the Alliance.

Nobody would mind a third faction which would have them, but they'd be absolutely horrible in both of the existing ones. Wanting to play something new should not include the ruination of the whole gameplay experience for the rest of the community. If you want Vulpera, then by all means, have them, but not at the expense of the rest.
    Says you.

It's been said many times, didn't stop new races from settling into the faction just fine. I want Vulpera, and I'd much prefer if I could get them on my beloved Horde, but I'll settle for having them on Alliance if that's where they belong according to the creators of this game.

I play mostly Orcs, Tauren and Undead. A Vulpera named after the Latin word for Fennec Fox, will fit right into my crowd of characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, amanzingly unique. Sylvanas will recruit them to give Anduin rabies.
    They are unique, unlike another human variation, Orc or elf.

And don't worry, Anduin already has rabies from all that time spent around wolf people.

5+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys, what about playable race of mole men? How cool is that. they could join alliance, because dwarves saved them from troggs. Damn i am innovative genius.
    You didn't expect the advent of allied races not to open the floodgates on all of these potentially horrific new options for races, did you?

Poq'yith mazzka awan ki uhnish'philfgsh

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Says you.

It's been said many times, didn't stop new races from settling into the faction just fine. I want Vulpera, and I'd much prefer if I could get them on my beloved Horde, but I'll settle for having them on Alliance if that's where they belong according to the creators of this game.
    Oh yes, the amazing addition of little fox-men to the Alliance or the Horde. As I said, they'll be the next biological weapon by transmitting rabies to unsuspecting cuddlers and people petting them.

- - - Updated - - -

They are unique, unlike another human variation, Orc or elf.

And don't worry, Anduin already has rabies from all that time spent around wolf people.
    But unlike a worgen, you can at least have an easier time chaining a Vulpera against a radiator. Oh and then there's the fact that you have to keep the hen safe for the sake of all the Goldshire farmers.

They're unique alright, but in a bad way that defies and errodes faction theme and identity to its foundation.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-02-07 at 12:48 AM.

They are damned indeed, because it is god damm stupid idea to throw every bipedal race to political organizations, who have nothing in common with them.. They can make a faction of cute critter races, i dont care. Just dont put them next to grizzled orc or human in shiny armor.

btw i have fine imagination, but i also have fine sense of consistency and i know, when is time to stop with stupid ideas.
    Did you coincidentally happen to be slumbering when Gnomes, Goblins, Pandaren, Tauren and Worgen were added?

Lemme guess, it's "different for real this time."

I've been playing Monster Hunter World so I would want one as a companion, but not as an Allied Race.

Quote Originally Posted by Stooned View Post
    You didn't expect the advent of allied races not to open the floodgates on all of these potentially horrific new options for races, did you?
    Wallet-cattering was expected, but not to these levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Cradix View Post
    Fluffy tail indeed. A whole lot better than that teeny stub they originally had, and appropriate for a fox-based race.

And apparently the males have that fluffy tail as well, at least from trying to get them visible.
    I really do hope that this is confirmed allied race, I am saving my boost for Vulpera.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    My favorite are the draenei personally, so people can enjoy their foxes for all I care!
    As long as I get mah Snekbois I am happy, about time we got something that isnt human or elf.

5+ Year Old Account
    Good point. Commercial GAINZ.

Poq'yith mazzka awan ki uhnish'philfgsh

Looking at the female vulpera in dressing room, they do have tails!

No idea why they're eyeless though or why I can't load the male model.

It's no more or less Wallet-catering than anything else they add, especially not more than the Void Elves.

You people have no real arguments other than the following:

- They're stupid
    - They don't make sense
    - They're not based in mythological creatures
    - They're not based on established races (but they will be as of BfA so hurr)
    - They're furry fuel

Yeah, sorry, those are just subjective points, is the game really catered around people taking themselves so seriously that they simply can't abide the thought of having humanoid foxes rub shoulders with Orcs, Goat people, Gnomes, Pandas, Friendly Werewolves, Elves and talking cows? It wasn't when Pandaren were introduced, or Blood Elves, that's for damned sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    Well, I was thinking of it like:

Horde: Draenor orcs, Zandalari trolls, Vulpera
    Alliance: Dark Iron dwarves, Kul Tirans, ???

Sethrak seem setup as the natural counterpart to vulpera, but apparently there's a faction of them that sides with the Horde during the story quests. Maybe the faction the Horde fights against ends up joining the Alliance after their defeat? Or maybe the Alliance gets a third kind of human. Maybe that whole "Starving Alteraci" idea I heard has some merit after all...

Still, with goblins and worgen getting model updates, and vulpera and sethrak being based on them both, it'd make sense from a workflow standpoint to get them all together and out at the same time. At least, it'd make sense to me.
    I doubt the good Sethrak are Horde only. They play a part in turning against Emperor Korthek in the Temple of Sethraliss dungeon. Presumably the good Sethrak leader is named Vorrick. Nothing is known about his allegiance to the Horde or Alliance yet

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyFaebelle View Post
    Vulpera have been added to the wowhead dressing room. Pretty broken at the moment but the female has a very fluffy tail and I need it
    Link please?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Since season 2 of overlord came out with the lizardmen arc, I agree we need a lizardman race.

That anime is so good but they did have some lizardmen that sort of resemble the ones from the anime during MoP.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Cradix View Post

Nice! Seems they listened to the feedback, or perhaps the original iteration of the race was just unfinished.

- - - Updated - - -

They're unique alright, but in a bad way that defies and errodes faction theme and identity to its foundation.
    Haha, says you. I'd say it's a case of a you-problem rather than a Faction problem.

It's no more or less Wallet-catering than anything else they add, especially not more than the Void Elves.

You people have no real arguments other than the following:

- They're stupid
    - They don't make sense
    - They're not based in mythological creatures
    - They're not based on established races (but they will be as of BfA so hurr)
    - They're furry fuel

Yeah, sorry, those are just subjective points, is the game really catered around people taking themselves so seriously that they simply can't abide the thought of having humanoid foxes rub shoulders with Orcs, Goat people, Gnomes, Pandas, Friendly Werewolves, Elves and talking cows? It wasn't when Pandaren were introduced, or Blood Elves, that's for damned sure.
    As if all the reasons for adding them that you keep bringing up aren't subjective either. At least the subjectivity you are arguing against has been established for over two decades, whereas yours begins with MoP, completely fades within WoD and Legion and now resurfaces before BfA. Pandaren were a great success, weren't they? Totally - not.

We seem to want the factions to stagnate, to have clearly defined identities, and to be formed by stock characters that never evolve.

Any fiction about war will and should imitate history, if it takes itself seriously. I understand that you want the factions to be this homogenous nations with established, static cultures; but that's not how actual power blocs worked or work. Alliances are almost always loosely defined. The relationship between nations can be associated with groupism, interdependency, sentiment and survival all in the same decade, changing every year or so.

It is fine to have established cultures for factions; but you are in no position to enforce gatekeeping rules for either faction when they are in conflict. Nations change, alliances change, people evolve. Groups like Vulpera or Nightborne can and will join factions whether you like it or not; if for no other reason then due to the fact that good war stories imitate history, and this is what happened in history.

Nobody asks why Mongolian troops were in Afghanistan, do they?

"erodes faction theme and identity to its foundation."

man you sure know how to be melodramatic.