Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Well, It would take me far too long, I add all my alts with more than 20 days together, it is like 500 days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Well, It would take me far too long, I add all my alts with more than 20 days together, it is like 500 days.
    Hehe same my main alone was over 861 days but yeah for me personally I hate alts this is why I don't count them. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenging Wrath View Post
    there goes ur life. i hope it was fun.
    personally i hope at the end of my life i wont have wasted nearly 3 years gaming in total.
    Nope instead you're wasting it on a fan site of said game... criticizing others.

812 days across 9 characters, with the majority of time on just 4 chars. played since launch.
    most played chracter is 226d, feels pretty weak. I don't think I have spent too much time logged in idling over the years.
    Last edited by huehuehue; 2018-02-06 at 08:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I think I have a little over a year in game - about 1/3 a year on my main (Paladin) - But I literally log out any time I can, I'm almost never afk in game unless it's a quick AF bio.. I've been playing for many many mannnnny years - I'll get a screenshots of the two main toons asap

Those numbers are insane. GZ tho?

I mean, I probably played more than that in the last 5-10 years, but that time was spent on dozens of games, not just one. I have no idea how you guys managed to do it without getting burned out somewhere down the line.

Every game where I reached 1000+ hours had to be put on hold for a while, or abandoned completely since I drained all the fun I could find.

4-7h/day since the game's release for some of you. Ever thought of trying something else? I'm all for gaming till your heart's content but Jesus Christ.

I recently rolled over 1k days on my main. Will take screenshot once I'm home.

I played a lot in middle/high school/college, less now that I am employed.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have somewhere around 1000 hours in all my played characters, being the one with the most my priest at 480ish...
    When I have time I will gather screenshots.
    Been playing 10 years and a half..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Avenging Wrath View Post
    there goes ur life. i hope it was fun.
    personally i hope at the end of my life i wont have wasted nearly 3 years gaming in total.
    Quite wrong.

Other people spend it watching tv or playing other games.

For many of us, World of Warcraft served as a school. I did learn English from scratch, for example, as many others did as well.
    I meet people who have recently helped me in my professional life, which brings me a massive opportunity..
    So ye, there goes our life

I would, but id get judged so hard -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Flawed.... for you maybe, but I was always doing something, and never AFK'ed longer than it takes one to Bio, or grab something to eat and drink. If I was going to be AFK for more than 10-15 min... I'd log out.
    Back in classic there were people who put a stone on the keyboard for walking so they wouldn't get logged out while afk. Disconnect on a full server in the evening/weekend meant you probably couldn't get on again. Racing home to log on at 1800 to be able to raid at 2000 was pretty common.

I thought my 381 days was a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Back in classic there were people who put a stone on the keyboard for walking so they wouldn't get logged out while afk. Disconnect on a full server in the evening/weekend meant you probably couldn't get on again. Racing home to log on at 1800 to be able to raid at 2000 was pretty common.
    That, I don't doubt, there wre many tricks to stay "logged in" my vanilla vet friends have told me. But the comment was in response to, "This thread is flawed, anyone who played Van/TBC/WOTLK like myself will know why. 80% of your time was spent afking in Org/Shat/Dal..."
    It was a common practice to "stay logged in" in Vanilla but including "TBC/WotLK" invalidates the comment.

btw, since late WOTLK when i had to get off my brothers account and make my own.

also maybe +10 days because there was times i needed to realm change and instead of paying the 25$ i leveled a new toon since i was lil kid with no money

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    I thought my 381 days was a lot.
    Don't think of it.

You can still achieve brand new bach degree and masters instead(in comparison to people with 900days).

Althou we also have people with 900days AND a PhD here(talk about swag).

10+ Year Old Account
    Altoholic does combine all the hours across characters? Even cross-server? I'd have to install it ;3 I am really curious now what my total played is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    That, I don't doubt, there wre many tricks to stay "logged in" my vanilla vet friends have told me. But the comment was in response to, "This thread is flawed, anyone who played Van/TBC/WOTLK like myself will know why. 80% of your time was spent afking in Org/Shat/Dal..."
    It was a common practice to "stay logged in" in Vanilla but including "TBC/WotLK" invalidates the comment.
    IT is very common and I still do it to this day, I'll go make food, shower, lol whatever but I always remain logged in until I DC because I am too impatient to wait for that 5 whole second loading screen. I did the same in the old guild wars, at least a quarter my playtime was afk.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2018-02-06 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Altoholic does combine all the hours across characters? Even cross-server? I'd have to install it ;3 I am really curious now what my total played is.

IT is very common and I still do it to this day, I'll go make food, shower, lol whatever but I always remain logged in until I DC because I am too impatient to wait for that 5 whole second loading screen. I did the same in the old guild wars, at least a quarter my playtime was afk.
    Same here, and when I was a kid in WOTLK I remember some days logging in just to walk around with my mount in dalaran while I was doing my homework. No idea why but I could easily spend 3 hours afk this way while doing other stuff IRL, and this happened multiple times.

Also I usually just AFK if im doing something like taking a shower, eating or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    Except if you have kids, that's not really how your sleep and work patterns look. You wake early, make breakfast, drop them off daycare, you get them from daycare, you cook them food, you clean the house, you wash their clothes, you drive them to practice, you do homework with them. And then you probably have a spouse - and you should probably spend some time together? .. and maybe some friends occasionally? Or some other hobbies... or other games..
    It's different for everyone. You're right though that's not how my sleep pattern works since I have trouble sleeping so I usually only sleep for 4 hours. Breakfast? You mean my pinch of grizzly wintergreen? I have a step daughter but she doesn't live with us so all the day to day stuff parents do I don't. My house can only get so dirty since all I do is play wow. It's always a matter of wiping stuff off/mopping (only have hardwood and tile floor). My spouse plays wow as well, she's actually RL for her guild and when she's not playing wow she's playing Ark or League of Legends. FRIENDS?!?! nah, don't really have any friends nor do I want them tbh. I'm not the "hangout" type. I've been a gamer all my life, since I was 3, playing Sonic all day long because there were no save codes (like in the old megaman games) or memory cards so you had to playthrough in "one sitting". My other hobby is computer building which I do like twice a decade. I play BL2 sometimes but that's not a time consuming game like wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    also maybe +10 days because there was times i needed to realm change and instead of paying the 25$ i leveled a new toon since i was lil kid with no money
    There were no realm transfers back in the day so if you wanted to play somewhere else that's what you had to do lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post

Yes, if you look at my screenshot

That big gap between the first and second character is space between different realms. You have to log on each character to get the /played though

and yeah, but even if 50% of my time was afking that's still 500 days played lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    It doesn't seem so surprising now whenever people defend the game from every poor decision :P
    Not all of us are so overly cynical that we can't enjoy the game Its just the vocal minority up in arms as its always is.
    #GarroshDidNothingWrong #TeamLightboundGarrosh
    #EXMVP