Page 6 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    Lol...I'm sorry - but Cows with Antlers and Trolls that use an upright skeleton are not "different" enough to say Horde has 4 Druid races...honestly, boo hoo you all don't get your Zandalari Paladins...people have wanted Belf Druids for YEARS and then they just give us reskins of what we already have on Horde - RUBBISH!
    I'm not sure what you are saying. I'm saying that Horde is already getting has more classes than Alliance gets so they should stop crying about Paladins especially when Shamans and Druids makes more sense. Also if cows and trolls don't count as different enough then Light forged are even less "different" enough and don't count as a 4th Paladin race.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanarika View Post

I'm all up for requesting to add Pally as class but not sacrificing other classes, specially after they've been announced. I've been wanting Zanda Warlocks for a long time and I'd be extremely disappointed too if they'd go and actually change it after letting out that list of classes. I just think it's unfair as well.
    But there is totally no background for a Zandalari warlock it is like the last class that would fit them.
    Zandalari always look toward the loa for power not demons, darkspear are not the same as Zandalari.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Why does this surprise anyone? It was never going to happen no matter how much you wished.
    For as much as it'd be so cool I must agree with you.
    To be fair I've always predicted Zandalari would get Warrior, Rogue, Druid, Shaman, Priest, Warlock, Mage and Hunter while Dark Iron would get Warrior, Rogue, Paladin, Shaman, Priest, Warlock, Mage and Hunter and now it kinda seems likely that's how it'll go. That's a nice bunch of classes (if they confirm all of these for Dark Iron too) and I'd be pleased, personally!

Deleted
    For as much as it'd be so cool I must agree with you.
    To be fair I've always predicted Zandalari would get Warrior, Rogue, Druid, Shaman, Priest, Warlock, Mage and Hunter while Dark Iron would get Warrior, Rogue, Paladin, Shaman, Priest, Warlock, Mage and Hunter and now it kinda seems likely that's how it'll go. That's a nice bunch of classes (if they confirm all of these for Dark Iron too) and I'd be pleased, personally!

Can you explain the Zandalari warlock? Because i dont get that combo...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    But there is totally no background for a Zandalari warlock it is like the last class that would fit them.
    Zandalari always look toward the loa for power not demons, darkspear are not the same as Zandalari.
    The Zandalari Demoniacs existed wayyy before Darkspear Warlocks. The Gurubashi Warlocks came from them even. They do exist, there is a clear description of how they operate and even the sort of garments they utilize.

"Troll warlocks date back to the Zandalari demoniacs, who seek to embody power outright and not just possess it. While warlocks tread dangerous ground in dealing with demons, demoniacs take it one step further. They allow demons to enter their bodies through an ancient and arcane ritual. Rather than let demons possess them, the demoniacs enslave the demons from the inside, absorbing the power of the beast for their own command. It is a feat very few are able to master and more than one has lost the fight, but the power they are able to unleash is worth the sacrifice"

From Wowpedia

Can someone start a topic on WoW forums and perhaps players that support Zandalari Paladin raise their voices and draw some attention? I am unsubbed atm so I can't.

Not putting Zandalari as Paladin is possibly the worst news about BfA so far and I don't get why people are comparing the factions about this. Because, Dark Iron Dwarf Shaman also makes sense (Twilight Dark Iron Dwarves had Shamanism too) since even regular Dwarves can be shamans, why can't Dark Iron Dwarves be?
    They have been interacting with the earth and fire (see BRD) longer than regular Dwarves as far as I know. Why people are offended by new and interesting class-race combinations?

What damage could it deal to the game than the current Tauren Paladin bullshit (literally) ?

We are asking for something already has a background (since Vanilla) and people complain about Horde having more Paladins? How is it unfair when putting the counterpart
    to the Alliance makes perfect sense?

Unique and background-supported class/race combinations would surely make more players play the game, perhaps improving the importance of the game further.

Deleted
    (Sits in corner mopping)

Now will my warrior be a Zandalari or a straight backed orc?

Quote Originally Posted by Castrum View Post
    Go look up Zandalari Freethinkers.

From Vanilla Pally questchain (excuse the contradictory Vanilla crap writing):

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=8054/pa...ethinkers-belt

Also, from Rokrekk on the official forums:
    The part from Rokrekk doesn't make any sense. You don't get to be a pally because you worship a god, you're a pally because "Put your faith in the Light" etc. Paladins are followers of the Light, not of a "god". They use holy magic, and Loa magic is closer to nature magic. Mojo =/= Light.

All of the current Paladin races have a connection to the Light. Draenei = Naaru. Tauren = An'she. Humans just straight up have religion, as do dwarves. And Belfs have the Sunwell.

And the "Freethinker" thing you linked is the opposite of proof. He's literally saying that Paladins are heathens because they follow the Light, which is contradictory to the trolls. The Freethinkers were literally just trolls who fought against Hakkar. Nothing about that makes them paladins.

- - - Updated - - -

The Zandalari Demoniacs existed wayyy before Darkspear Warlocks. The Gurubashi Warlocks came from them even. They do exist, there is a clear description of how they operate and even the sort of garments they utilize.

"Troll warlocks date back to the Zandalari demoniacs, who seek to embody power outright and not just possess it. While warlocks tread dangerous ground in dealing with demons, demoniacs take it one step further. They allow demons to enter their bodies through an ancient and arcane ritual. Rather than let demons possess them, the demoniacs enslave the demons from the inside, absorbing the power of the beast for their own command. It is a feat very few are able to master and more than one has lost the fight, but the power they are able to unleash is worth the sacrifice"

From Wowpedia
    That's DH though, not Warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    its true but its ridiculous that horde has to play either an elf with broken hip or a cow
    Alliance shaman only get to be a Space goat or a Short dwarf that breaks its hip to cast?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SinAscendant View Post

That's DH though, not Warlock.
    Not exactly, it's simply an alternative manner to harness the powers of Demons. Demon Hunters are called so for a reason, their intent is to use the power of demons to hunt them down.

Demoniacs don't do that, they are not Hunters, they use a similar method to empower themselves and use that power for whatever they want to which isn't necessarily battle Demons. Truly, Demon Hunters are only so due to what they do not the power they command.

You are not automatically a Demon Hunter if you use a similar method to empower yourself. Outside of the Illidari context, a person doing so is straight up another type of Demonologist/Warlock.

What an incredible disappointment. I really don't understand Blizzard's decisions at all, they're fine playing fast and loose with the lore 90% of the time and then with something like this they're totally unreasonable sticklers even when there's in-game support for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Warlocks are literally just Shaman/Mages who looked to Demons for more power. There's not really any race-specific lore needed for them beyond the ability to be Shaman or Mages. The exception is Draenei for obvious reasons.

Deleted
    They should just add Zandalari paladins and with the paladin order hall give the Night Elfs there paladin class combo since they teased it with the questchain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    They already exist in game as NPCs. Zandalari society is much different than the Troll society we see in game.
    Yeah, it's fucking atrocious..

Paladins? HELL NO. Any troll in Zandalari society (not an outcast) do not "subscribe" to The Light.
    They have the Loa, NOT The Light.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Alliance has more races that can be paladins than horde.
    Horde has more races that can be shaman than alliance.

Seems fair to me...oh except that horde also has double the number of races that can be druids over the alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post

Paladins? HELL NO. Any troll in Zandalari society (not an outcast) do not "subscribe" to The Light.
    LOA CAN BE ANYTHING.
    light can come from anywhere.

faith
    Sunwell
    the Sun
    and even Loa.
    so shut it
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post

Well there should be a loa out there with light powers.
    We got spells ingame like "light of the loa"

good, it didn't make any fucking sense

Bummer. While I personally wouldn't have changed my Blood Elf, I know of a few people who were hoping for Zandalari Paladins, especially a friend of mine who mained Paladin for as long as I knew them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavian View Post
    Alliance has more races that can be paladins than horde.
    Horde has more races that can be shaman than alliance.

Seems fair to me...oh except that horde also has double the number of races that can be druids over the alliance.
    It's not a competition; I'd be happy for Alliance players if they got more Druid and Shaman choices. I don't understand why anyone would want to deprive others of choices out of spite.