Page 20 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    No demonology changes. Again.
    NEW Demon Commander Summon a Demonic Commander to increase the duration of all of your current demons by 15.0 sec, and increase the damage of all of your other demons by 15%, while casting Shadow Bolt Volley at your enemies.

Might be nothing but still.

Yet another class/spec blizzard is taking all the fun out of playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Not happy about hellfire doing damage to yourself on a damn spec with no passive self healing options unlike demo/aff....

If they're not going to bring up destro sustain up to demo/aff levels, then it should not be a spec that chunks itself for damage.
    Well, Hellfire is hardly "chunking" yourself. I have literally no reference for what the actual player health:damage ratios are going to be, but it does about 2/3 of an Incinerate in damage per tick. That's absolutely trivial self-damage if it were in the live game state.

I mean, I know it hasn't existed for a bit lately, but Hellfire's personal damage hasn't been relevant in about a decade.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feltongue View Post
    NEW Demon Commander Summon a Demonic Commander to increase the duration of all of your current demons by 15.0 sec, and increase the damage of all of your other demons by 15%, while casting Shadow Bolt Volley at your enemies.

Would it be cool if we could finally summon a dreadlord/pitlord with a cool down, hell I'd be happy with a fel lord at this point.

Also: I thought they said demo was the one spec they really wanted to fix but oddly enough affliction and destro seem to be the ones getting noticeable changes.

Alpha alpha..I know but it looks like demonic empowerment isn't changing that much so far..

I'm very happy for shadow bolt to be back for non-demo though. Always liked having it as a filler vs drain.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyahdis View Post
    Would it be cool if we could finally summon a dreadlord/pitlord with a cool down, hell I'd be happy with a fel lord at this point.

Also: I thought they said demo was the one spec they really wanted to fix but oddly enough affliction and destro seem to be the ones getting noticeable changes.

Alpha alpha..I know but it looks like demonic empowerment isn't changing that much so far..

I'm very happy for shadow bolt to be back for non-demo though. Always liked having it as a filler vs drain.
    This is not a zero sum game. Don't be like death knights where frost assholes don't want unholy to receive attention instead of them and vice versa.

Demo might have been the most royally fucked this xpac, but aff and destro were fucked with just as well. They, too, deserve tweaking.

I've always liked playin all 3 specs, but favoured demonology heavily. Until they basically ruined it for me in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhiosis View Post
    Darkfury - reduces the cooldown of shadowfury by 15 seconds.

So it appears we're getting baseline shadowfury again, woo!

yes, but with 1.5 sec cast time...

Smile

MMOC posters being morons as usual when it comes to anything demo

First thoughts about felstorm/felcleave changes seems to offset the future loss of hand of doom, with doom being a talent now. We'll have to wait and see but I did predict demo being pushed more into the aoe niche a while back

Last page I also suggested the succubus snare so it seems blizzard and I have the same train of thought

Not much to report on yet but also all solid/reasonable changes so far

- - - Updated - - -

Where is this? Looked all over couldn't find

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Challenge View Post
    Where is this? Looked all over couldn't find
    Just sifting through the uncategorized spells. There are some other class abilities (DK, Survival) too and the Dark Iron racials were also in there.

http://bfa.wowhead.com/spell=265187/demon-commander
    http://bfa.wowhead.com/spell=265273/demonic-power

As for the model:
    http://bfa.wowhead.com/npc=135002/demon-commander

Again, might be nothing.

Just sifting through the uncategorized spells. There are some other class abilities (DK, Survival) too and the Dark Iron racials were also in there.

As for the model:

Again, might be nothing.
    If true it might be the demonic empowerment replacement potentially. The SB volley component is another sign to making demo even better as the aoe spec

First worry would be making demo too CD reliant however, with service, doomguard, harvest, and this

Wich felstorm changes?

I ve seem the Demonic Commander, interestant if it becomes real.

Welp, there goes my hopes of enjoying demo for another xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Wich felstorm changes?

I ve seem the Demonic Commander, interestant if it becomes real.
    lowered cd from 45 to 30 sec and more damage

i hope demonic commander become real, and istant please

- - - Updated - - -

but... felguard have axe toss for stun?

- - - Updated - - -

As for the model:

Again, might be nothing.
    Hyped for demonology
    Last edited by Xanatas; 2018-02-07 at 01:33 PM.

Big, if true. Demon commander checks a lot of boxes. More demons, longer lasting demons, demonic empowerment thrown in the dumpster, has a c/d so its not something we have to spam. I hope his model changes to an inquisitor though. Seems sort of weird to basically be summoning a draeni.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    Welp, there goes my hopes of enjoying demo for another xpac.
    Hmm I wonder why the second round of closed alpha datamined notes dont include hard changes to undo the last 2 years of progress to go back to appeases the guy with the old meta model as their profile pic
    Last edited by Challenge; 2018-02-07 at 01:55 PM.

Unending Resolve, nerfed.
    Dark Pact, nerfed.
    Soul Leech, nerfed.

Yeah looks like an expansion of being a shittier mage again cause we'll still be completely immobile and have fuck all survivability, YAAY.

Oh yeah and self healing nerfed as well, wonderful.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    Unending Resolve, nerfed.
    Dark Pact, nerfed.
    Soul Leech, nerfed.

Yeah looks like an expansion of being a shittier mage again cause we'll still be completely immobile and have fuck all survivability, YAAY.

Oh yeah and self healing nerfed as well, wonderful.
    You're comparing things in a vacuum on live servers vs things collectively in a new expansion when everyone is potentially getting nerfed down. If we was to put Legion affliction back in an expansion like MoP WotLK or BC it would be insanely broken moreso than it is now.

Forcing us to choose between Backdraft and Eradication is just insulting. And nobody is going to take Soul Fire over either of those.

Hellfire in its current form is little more than junk. You have to run into melee range, damage and essetially incapacitate yourself. And the worst part is that you're spending Soul Shards but not getting any back. Rain of Fire you can cast and then carry on DPSing and generating more shards to cast another one. With Hellfire, once it's over you have nothing left. You have no AOE whatsoever until you can get 2-3 more shards.

Grimoire of Sacrifice, unless both the other talents on this row are utter shit nobody's ever going to take it.

I also take issue with having Dark Soul and Soul Conduit on the same row...

This is the start of Legion all over again. Blizzard are taking talents and effects we already have and splitting them onto the same row, making us choose between things we currently have both of.

Blizzard seem to have completely forgotten that Destruction is based almost entirely around Chaos Bolt. If a talent doesn't buff it or interact wth it why should I even consider taking it over a talent that does?
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2018-02-07 at 02:11 PM.

Dark Pact needs to be adjusted to sacrifice 20% of maximum hp since it's power has been brought down.

GoSac reverted to live state but giving us command demon back? It sucks, I don't want demonic power hitting for shit, even if it is AoE.

Death Bolt needs to be instant and no travel time either, even if it looks weird. Shadow Embrace need to be 20 seconds instead of 10, or it will lose a lot of potential for min max and weaving bolts.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    GoSac reverted to live state but giving us command demon back? It sucks, I don't want demonic power hitting for shit, even if it is AoE.
    The alpha GoSac is single target, not AoE. Balance-wise, that's a huge difference, as long as the competing talents are also single-target (which they probably will be, since there's already an AoE row).

I hold out hope that they can do it, despite them never being able to in the history of the game thus far.