Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It'd be easier, and more believable, if the factions were toned down in their overall importance -- with individual groups having the power to propel their own narratives.

If anything happened, the alliance would cry

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    It's probably going to be like Theramore. Once you hit 110 and do the scenario, Darnassus/Undercity (but NOT Tiristfal Glades) will be burnt down/in ruins. Howevere there'll be a Bronze Dragon NPC nearby you can speak to and see it as it was.
    So it will probably be lame and no impact whatsoever.

Deleted
    The destruction of Teldrassil and Capital City is more loss than we've had from Classic-WoD combined.
    Talking story wise, I guess entire races losing their capitals just isn't that big a deal right?...

Why would they occupy either city. Alliance could give a shit about Lordaeron. They’re just trying to push the Horde out of the EK.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think if you one took the time to draw parallels and analogs with these events and real-world ones, losing a major city is a huge loss, especially when that city is the hub of say, commerce, culture, etc.

The Night Elves are losing their home. The Undead are being driven from their sanctuary. I feel like these are compelling problems. Why do humans spend a long time trying to capture and recapture cities, or razing them to the ground? We have had wars where the main priority of the opposition is to burn down a city, not to capture it. This leads to loss of morale in the opposing side.

Idk, I feel like the OP and many are just complaining that Blizz isn't doing what THEY want them to do, instead of looking at the story at face value. I think a faction war has always been inevitable, especially with the escalation of the conflict between the Worgen and the Forsaken. I like the story so far.

writing you don't agree with does not necessarily mean lazy writing. I feel like a lot of people get those two mixed up. We haven't even seen the full breadth and scale and consequences of the conflict, and yet here you are judging it already because it doesn't mix up with your expectations.

I'd rather wait until the product and story is finished before I judge it. It's senseless to judge a story before it is completed.
    Last edited by Jademist; 2018-02-07 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Clarification

Deleted
    I think Gilneas will be conquered and will have a permanent effect on future expansions.
    Now listen to me on that matter.

First things first, while we don't have a warfront for that yet, we know from the features trailer (yeah, I know, they change alot from them) but also from the simple strategic lore logic that the alliance will at least try to re-conquer it. Genn wants it, so Manduin wants it too, so there is it.
    But also...we heard before that Blizz likes the gilnean asthetics, you can see that when you look at the level of detail that was put into Gilneas itself but also into...this Val'sharah town (forgot the english name, 'Bradenbach' in german). They love it, and honestly, just from going with personal opinion, guilds opinion (asked it one time) and youtuber's opinion (hey brits), the community loves it, too. It's far from stale, although it is from the good ol' cata times.
    Also I'd like to see the gilneans help the nelfs as a repay for the help in cata.
    Also also I don't really want sooo many races hanging out in stormwind, bc this doesn't really fit with the whole "hurr durr we are humans, we are adaptive, but hate new things"-design.
    Reconsidering that, maybe I'm just too euphoric about that and I pull it all out of thin air, but hey, it would be cool and it would have a permanent impact. And as my frien'ly dark iron brethen like to say: A night elf laughed at me for living inside a volcano. Well at least I don't have to worry about my mountain burning now do I! What... too soon? (I don't even know why I mention this here, but it just made my day, so pls don't hit me .-.)

7+ Year Old Account
    sure they can do big things because gameplay reason, and fanbase reasons

but saying losing undercity and teldrassil entirely burned down is nothing a real loss? come on now

No, it's just not a real loss. Unless you actually change the assets permanently to fit the hype they are trying to generate.

IF (and that is a big if...) they force elves and undead to relocate somewhere else permanently because of the burning and the invasion, then, okay. Something changed.

If they go the lazy way and stick a bronze dragon who lets you go back to the way the place was before the events took place, or, even worse, if after the invasion you can still use the places as if nothing had happened, it would be dismal... And sadly would not surprise me a lot.

What pissed people off in Cata wasn't really the change to the world, it was probably the fact they took zones that they had not finished and that belonged to the vanilla map, added a couple of extra zones together and made a nonsensical mishmash into an expansion. WoD and Cata being by far the worst two expansions (as recognized by the fanbase, time and time again).

In the end, we all know the truth - gameplay drives subscriptions, the alliance could be down to one city (or the horde for that matter), as long as it does not have any in game effects, not many people would care. Lore does not drive much of anything, which is why they should be courageous and actually have REAL developments instead of "oh ok, horde wins here, so alliance has to win there or people will be butthurt."

I mean, don't get me wrong, I am no longer naive enough to think Warcraft has anything left to do with "War", but at this point I just wish they kind of did like Disney did to SW and said all the stuff that happens in WoW is in its own universe, and just made a Warcraft 4 that would continue where Warcraft 3 ended.

Deleted
    We might get new cities, we don't know yet. Gilneas is just standing there already finished. I always expected the Forsaken to move into the burnt tree...

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    The destruction of Teldrassil and Capital City is more loss than we've had from Classic-WoD combined.
    Talking story wise, I guess entire races losing their capitals just isn't that big a deal right?...
    Theramore was a pretty huge loss in-universe.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLove View Post
    The symmetry between the two factions is getting so boring. Ever since the storyline of Garrosh they seem to be really afraid to have asymmetrical stories and effects to the faction. It truly feels really boring and predictable. Symmetry between Sylvanas and Anduin too. I bet the void is going to interrupt the final fight between the factions too.
    We'll see the.... but it wasn't us!!! It was the void "MAKING" us do it along!! Story line...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    Theramore was a pretty huge loss in-universe.
    Yeah, but combined with everything else it still isn't anything near Undercity/Teldrassil.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clearcut View Post
    Losing undercity and darnessus is a loss. It affects very little in the game world really though i agree as both were not the go to cities although uc was way more used than darn was.

But none the less it's still losses, no one really gains from the war except nzoth who will be the final boss when you find out he is the one who has manipulated the war to happen as the final piece of escaping his prison.
    Uh... you're comparing a busy capital city to a relatively empty capital city and an entire starting zone?
    Forsaken can still start where they always did. Night Elves now have to do something else... or start in a time-pocket...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    Uh... you're comparing a busy capital city to a relatively empty capital city and an entire starting zone?
    Forsaken can still start where they always did. Night Elves now have to do something else... or start in a time-pocket...
    what are you talking about? nelfs still start in darn and it continues to be there all the way up until you do bfa content.

teldrassil and undercity are gone forever and now we are going to watch the humans and orcs fight over that fact while night elves and undead besides sylvanas and nathanos remain absent from the story

a++++ blizzard amazing story as usual a hundred subscriptions to you

Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    teldrassil and undercity are gone forever and now we are going to watch the humans and orcs fight over that fact while night elves and undead besides sylvanas and nathanos remain absent from the story

a++++ blizzard amazing story as usual a hundred subscriptions to you
    Oh, you've played the storyline already? You already know how the night elves and undead react? Enlighten us, please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyduke View Post
    As the title implies. It truly makes me a sad panda that - SO FAR - all we hear about are meaningless changes in game terms.

The Horde burns down Darnassus. But they don't occupy it. Basically just HURR DURR BURNT TREE. Lazy.

The Alliance captures Lordaeron BUT NOT REALLY CAUSE BLIGHT HURR DURR. So now it's just an empty city.

I guess that is one way to spare yourself a lot of work in creating and animating new assets.

I mean, you could hope that with successive patches you'd see an evolution, but every time I thought like that I ended up disappointed, so I won't. You could have *gasp* assymetric gains or losses. But the playerbase is too whiny for it (both sides).

This "If one side loses something the other must too" is for the birds.
    Why would anyone occupy a city that they literally burn to ash? Would you continue living in a house that caught fire and burned to the ground?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by anathama View Post
    Oh, you've played the storyline already? You already know how the night elves and undead react? Enlighten us, please.
    dude lets be real we know whats going to happen i dont think any of us are holding our breath to see blizzard finally do justice to the races they forgot exist

5+ Year Old Account
    However, looking at the new text - there appears to be more to the Teldrasil situation. I'm also concerned that, from what it seems, they are adding Malfurion in as a faction asset. Which is unfair to the Horde.

Poq'yith mazzka awan ki uhnish'philfgsh