Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where's Indiana Jones when you need him?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    The irony of someone from apartheid Israel, who only this week threatened thousands of refugees with forced deportation in order to preserve their Jewish ethno state criticising people for racism.
    That and the... you know, murder
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    What? Calling a kid getting stabbed 20 times an awful murder is hyperbole? What's even worse for me is that I know someone who knew him and his family.
    Oh noez, that makes it 100 time worse! you knew someone who knew someone else /gasp

Oh sorry, you were serious?

Who it is is 100% irrelevant, a human is a human. Random human A isn't more signficant than another just because you know someone who knows someone. Adorable thought though!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Sounds like some grade A paranoia

Nope, just established facts

Not anything new either.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Oh noez, that makes it 100 time worse! you knew someone who knew someone else /gasp

Oh sorry, you were serious?

Who it is is 100% irrelevant, a human is a human. Random human A isn't more signficant than another just because you know someone who knows someone. Adorable thought though!
    It's worse for me. I didn't say it was for everyone. You seriously saying a murder near you or of someone who you know of is just as concerning as a murder on the other side of the planet?

- - - Updated - - -

I quoted you by mistake and didn't bother to double check. My mistake. It's a senseless murder. I won't contest that at all.
    No problem brohan.

So everything is white supremacist according to you. Gotcha, every failing is because a white supremacist is protected another white supremacist in law enforcement. The government is run by white supremacist even though that might not be far from the truth with Trump. Sounds like some grade A paranoia
    So this the new spin on "there are fine people on both sides". Gotcha.

Also with bash the fash and punch a Nazi you already tried violence against nazis. it didn't work if anything it acts to embolden.
    Maybe it's not widespread and mainstream enough. I don't see Trump or his cronies getting punched, so obviously it's not much of an attempt at that point.

"Omg the fact you didn't put out a raging fire with a single drop of water proves that water can't put out fires" - Saninicus 2018

- - - Updated - - -

Well, if he continues denying reality, it should be safe to conclude he's one of those alt-right "awoke independents" showing their usual false concern, albeit with better acting than the likes of zenkai or allybeboba.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

It's worse for me. I didn't say it was for everyone. You seriously saying a murder near you or of someone who you know of is just as concerning as a murder on the other side of the planet?

- - - Updated - - -

No problem brohan.
    When it boils down to it, a human is a human, regardless of connections. If you think a certain human is far superior because of who they know.. yea..

When it boils down to it, a human is a human, regardless of connections. If you think a certain human is far superior because of who they know.. yea..
    I didn't say he was a far superior person, I said this story hit closer to me because we have a mutual friend. Really not that hard to understand.

I didn't say he was a far superior person, I said this story hit closer to me because we have a mutual friend. Really not that hard to understand.
    no, your first post implied it's somehow worse because you know a guy who knows a guy. And my point is that such a statement is factually incorrect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by halloaa View Post
    Can we just agree to stop playing identity politics across the spectrum?
    NO, we can't ever stop calling Nazi's out for choosing to hate and trying to kill people.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Can we just agree to stop playing identity politics across the spectrum?
    Can we just agree to stop throwing around buzzwords to hide the fact that we don't have an actual argument?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    NO, we can't ever stop calling Nazi's out for choosing to hate and trying to kill people.
    Right on. I'm behind you.

- - - Updated - - -

If you didn't meet him personally, it's a bit of an hyperbole. Not much, but the typical drama we expect from Americans. You'll get over it over the next dramatic story. If you actually shook his hands, I'll give you that.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Nah their go to is "Antifa" who I literally never heard of until Charlottesville where they did no rioting I was aware of. But they are just as bad, no even worse than nazis!
    Antifa exists since the beginning of days.

It is the action to counter fascism.

There was just never a racist president to vilify the group and the name.

PS: And to forget that the Anarchists are the one shit down.

no, your first post implied it's somehow worse because you know a guy who knows a guy. And my point is that such a statement is factually incorrect.
    Calling an awful murder an awful murder is factually incorrect. Okay. Some of you guys on here have problems man.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    If you didn't meet him personally, it's a bit of an hyperbole. Not much, but the typical drama we expect from Americans. You'll get over it over the next dramatic story. If you actually shook his hands, I'll give you that.
    Another person with a stick up their ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    And where does it end? When the “oppressor” is under the thimb of their “oppressed”?
    I don't see that happening in any remotely forseeable future, so I guess by your logic it's totally fine for it to continue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Antifa exists since the beginning of days.

It is the action to counter fascism.

There was just never a racist president to vilify the group and the name.

PS: And to forget that the Anarchists are the one shit down.
    If you define "Antifa" as everyone opposed to fascism, then it's as old as fascism, which came into existence in the 19th or 20th Centuries depending how you're counting it.

I am a member of that "Antifa" and I should hope you are too. Kek.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    So you will not be attending any friends’ or family’s funerals? You should tell your family that. A person is a person after all.

Calling an awful murder an awful murder is factually incorrect. Okay. Some of you guys on here have problems man.

- - - Updated - - -

Another person with a stick up their ass.
    You can't read at all can you? nvm.. ofcourse you can't, you have proven as much. Let's try this in a bulletpoint manner. Maybe that helps

1.) You implied that this death was worse than other murders because "I knew a person who was friends with family of this victim"
    2.) I stated that that is irrelevant, a murder is a murder.
    3.) Suddenly I am a horrible person because of some odd imagined reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    So you will not be attending any friends’ or family’s funerals? You should tell your family that. A person is a person after all.
    reading is hard yo!

If 2 people are murdered, my family member and random Bob who is at the wrong place at the wrong time. Does that suddenly make the death of Bob less important? No? Exactly my point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    So you agree with me? Im confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Can we just agree to stop throwing around buzzwords to hide the fact that we don't have an actual argument?
    Stop throwing around the word buzzword, to hide the fact you dont understand what im talking about.

So you agree with me? Im confused.

Stop throwing around the word buzzword, to hide the fact you dont understand what im talking about.
    Isnt that your intent? To confuse?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

You can't read at all can you? nvm.. ofcourse you can't, you have proven as much. Let's try this in a bulletpoint manner. Maybe that helps

1.) You implied that this death was worse than other murders because "I knew a person who was friends with family of this victim"
    2.) I stated that that is irrelevant, a murder is a murder.
    3.) Suddenly I am a horrible person because of some odd imagined reason.
    I didn't imply that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dialogue and education is the only way to undermine and nullify groups like this.
    This is incredibly naive given the current environment of the far right. In just another thread we've seen a study that shows just how insular they are, that any dialog or "education" is shut out and they turn to their own bubble to reaffirm their beliefs.

Before, being an actual Nazi was frowned upon by nearly the whole country, so they were isolated in their beliefs if they held them, so they simply never made them public. But now they have lots of outlets in Breitbart, r/T_D and many other smaller platforms to reaffirm their beliefs amongst themselves. Dialog is failing and has failed. We can't just eternally talk to people and hope they understand.

The Weimar Republic believed they could just keep talking to and educating their far right. That turned out swell.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    You implied that this death was worse than other murders because "I knew a person who was friends with family of this victim"
    As a bye stander, who doesn’t agree with Kandra much... no, he did not imply that at all.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi