Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    tbh Alliance has always been the faction of the "bland" races anyway.
    Because orcs, minotaurs and zombies are innovative and interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Compared to humans/dwarves/elves/halflings/werewolves, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Fat Humans = Draenor Orcs
    Sethrak = Vulpera (I hope!)

The Sethrak are based on the Female Worgen rigging and all, animations, etc. The Vulpera are built on the Goblin's rigging and animations. This could be because rather than -just- focusing on the Worgen and Goblins to do the refit, the Devs started out on the Sethrak and Vulpera to create something "New" and then remodel Goblins and Worgen on the redone rigging/model.

Which would be kind of amazing and could lead to Sethrak Alliance Characters which would make me squeal in delight.
    Yeah I like that idea. It could also work as a compromise for people who want a serpentine race (Naga), in the same way that burly kultirans are sort of a compromise for people who want a giant humanoid race (vrykul).
    The Sethrak already look really cool, and they have painted on eyes still. If they become playable, we will see a similar update as we saw for the vulpera.

The only thing bugging me is that both os these races are in Zandalar. I'd think that the alliance would get 2 from kultiras and the horde 2 from zandalar ... but who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still no alpha afawk (maybe a powerful NDA...)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    thin human
    Oh god 2 human allied races in a row? I hope not. Get more variety in there. I'd rather see them as being part of the kultiran allied race (get different looking draenor clans to the horde to compensate)

Side note. I remember there being some issues about Zandalari models being pretty small. Any more information about that?
    Sarkhoza(Neglected) Thanos(Neglected) Saronus(New (Old) Main. WIP.)
    <Crux> Zul'jin - US

#TeamWaycrestHallowsEnd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    They're all part of Fantasy worlds so they aren't bad by default, just recognizable. This argument is silly.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    So elves are bland, but orc are cool. I see the bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Oh god 2 human allied races in a row? I hope not. Get more variety in there. I'd rather see them as being part of the kultiran allied race (get different looking draenor clans to the horde to compensate)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leksa View Post
    I don't think WoW has ever had a powerful DNA. Even if men in black were sent to your house, someone would still leak info

Quote Originally Posted by Leksa View Post
    A powerful NDA... ha.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBH Thin humans look super ugly. I hope they change that, and I don't even play alliance. Straighten them out a bit

Quote Originally Posted by axi0m View Post
    Side note. I remember there being some issues about Zandalari models being pretty small. Any more information about that?
    Aren't they about as tall as the darkspear are when hunched over? If so, then yeah... considering the darkspear would be a bit taller when standing up straight I would say they are smaller.

5+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I like that idea. It could also work as a compromise for people who want a serpentine race (Naga), in the same way that burly kultirans are sort of a compromise for people who want a giant humanoid race (vrykul).
    The Sethrak already look really cool, and they have painted on eyes still. If they become playable, we will see a similar update as we saw for the vulpera.

The only thing bugging me is that both os these races are in Zandalar. I'd think that the alliance would get 2 from kultiras and the horde 2 from zandalar ... but who knows.
    Sethrak have Nictating Membranes instead of eyelids. You can see them when they sleep.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

7+ Year Old Account
    blizz makes some questionable decisions sometimes but i doubt they are stupid enough to give the alliance 2 human races on top of 2 human races.

... or are they?

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Sethrak have Nictating Membranes instead of eyelids. You can see them when they sleep.
    So less grinding for "Insane in the membrane?" >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    A powerful NDA... ha.

This GIF gets better with age.

As playable races that aren't inherently "evil" just for being non-human, yes.

So elves are bland, but orc are cool. I see the bias.
    Elves are bland in that they are, along with Humans, the "default pick". You may have your own reasons, but many pick them simply to have a character that portrays either them or their vision of a strong/powerful human (how they see themselves, or how they want to be)

And that's not bad per se, and I don't think I'm "cooler" for preferring Tauren characters. It's just, like, my opinion. WoW was the first RPG I played that allowed me to pick a non-Human/Elf/Dwarf player character, so I jumped at the opportunity, and that helped shape this preference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    As playable races that aren't inherently "evil" just for being non-human, yes.

Elves are bland in that they are, along with Humans, the "default pick". You may have your own reasons, but many pick them simply to have a character that portrays either them or their vision of a strong/powerful human (how they see themselves, or how they want to be)

And that's not bad per se, and I don't think I'm "cooler" for preferring Tauren characters. It's just, like, my opinion. WoW was the first RPG I played that allowed me to pick a non-Human/Elf/Dwarf player character, so I jumped at the opportunity, and that helped shape this preference.
    I prefer savage races like Tauren and Trolls, up to the point where transmogging them is beyond cringe and you have to pick a basic bitch race for a mog to even remotely look good.
    Which is why I'm insanely stoked for upright orcs and zandalari.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    snip
    I had seen the pic already and I'm well familiarized with the models. Was there a point?