Page 4 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    never since armor cant be put on them without remodeling

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    That's just ridiculous. People want diversity with their races and making all females basically the same with horns or scales or fur would make Blizzard seem shallow.

Plus I'm on Moon Guard, the less snake tits I see in the foreseeable future, the better.
    Well, brother, the less this kind of 'diversity' the better for me. Races themselves provide diversity. No need to delve into unsavory bits.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Xcom 3 : Azeroth.

Of course Sethrak have legs, as opposed to the Snake Aliens in Xcom, but the first time I saw this race it reminded me of them.

5+ Year Old Account
    At this point I want Sethrak to be straight up everything Heart of Thorns -doesn't- want, just to piss him off.

They need to add a whole subplot about them inspiring Social Justice in the Alliance that not only gains a foothold but is actually viewed positively.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    At this point I want Sethrak to be straight up everything Heart of Thorns -doesn't- want, just to piss him off.

They need to add a whole subplot about them inspiring Social Justice in the Alliance that not only gains a foothold but is actually viewed positively.
    Honestly, it would be hilarious having sethrak berate the other races of the Alliance about their unequal and backward ways while actively condoning and employing widespread slavery and classism in their own society.

i want to believe

5+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, it would be hilarious having sethrak berate the other races of the Alliance about their unequal and backward ways while actively condoning and employing widespread slavery and classism in their own society.
    Well kinda?

But there's widespread classism in the Alliance and they recently enslaved Pandaren (including children) into building their airstrips...

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Well kinda?

But there's widespread classism in the Alliance and they recently enslaved Pandaren (including children) into building their airstrips...
    There were also Lordaeron nobles making interned orcs and human prisoners into gladiators.

Most of that lies with humans and occasionally dwarves and gnomes though. Night elves are egalitarian...in that they kill everyone equally

7+ Year Old Account
    This could work out some intresting scenarios with the Sethrak en the Alliance a very caste/class based society clashing with a egalitarian view point of the Alliance but the Alliance has some skeletons in their closest too and trying to work together despite their view points and often arguing with their new allies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sethrak's head seems like it'll be too much work to get all the helmets to work with so I don't see it happening. I also personally think they look silly and can't see what people see in them. I know people don't want them for the meme/cute factor like Vulpera.

They’re reptilian, they shouldn’t have mammalian features. Their sexual dimorphism should be based around scale pattern, color and possibly size.

OT: Yeah, I really want these guys for the Alliance if the Horde are getting the Vulpera. I was interested in the Naga becoming playable one day, but I honestly think playable Sethrak would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Just pray they don't do what bethesda did with the argonians and just slap some tits on a reptilian race.
    Yeah that always bugs me. It's either pathetic pandering or just laziness in understanding the race they created.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Sethrak's head seems like it'll be too much work to get all the helmets to work with so I don't see it happening. I also personally think they look silly and can't see what people see in them. I know people don't want them for the meme/cute factor like Vulpera.
    I get the same feeling with Kul tiran humans and "insert varation of elf/troll here" and I feel we need something different the Vulpera/Sethrak feel like a breath of fresh air in my opinion but thats all it is opinions also for helmets

I wonder if we will get a thread about allied races each time a new model gets datamined.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    I really hope they are pulling the wool over our eyes and the Sethrak end up on the Horde. That would give the Alliance a goblin rig and the Horde a worgen one. On par with some of the Allied Races flip flopping. Plus, the Alliance doesn't seem like they'd take in a race that has slavery in its society but that's based purely on the cut scene with the Emperor and they could just create a faction rebelling.

ALL THAT ASIDE, though, the current formula for Allied Races is "Exalted with x" "Finished y Storyline", and the Vulpera and Tortallan are the ones with actual reputations. I'd wager those two could be allied races before the Reputationless Sethrak.

IF they do end up being a race, Sexual Dimorphism isn't a dealbreaker. I present to you, the Iksar of EverQuest:

Note that the difference is in facial color, for the females, is a bit more colorful. Even if in the wild that's the opposite (males of most animal species tend to be the ones who show off) It can be done in a subtle way without adding snek boobs.
    Always felt EverQuest (the old character models) portrayed the most accurate gender differences in their races. Yes, Troll and Ogre females were quite ugly. As they should be.

In WoW every female model no matter the race basically looks like a human and not like the male counterpart at all.

I hope never.
    <negative Eazy>

7+ Year Old Account
    I like them. If leaks are true and Vulpera going to be Horde race then Sethrak MUST be Alliance. Plus they look really great and hopeful they will shut up people who whine all these years for Naga.

PS Lets imagine leaks are true and Sethrak will be used as counter for Vulpera... In BFA Alliance really will get some nasty and dark races (Void Elves / Dark Iron / Sethrak). It would be good change - finally worgens will have some dark buddies in goody shoes faction.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    I wonder if we will get a thread about allied races each time a new model gets datamined.
    No one has claimed Blood Trolls would be an Allied Race.

Or the Winged Serpent Ladies.

Or the Witch/Crone/Whatevers.

Just some specific "Oh that'd work!" comments.

I love Sethrak, they look cool as hell. And I love their Egyptian/Arabic aesthetic, with the patterns and the thick cloths.
    We will see. They seem to be enemy NPCs so far. And the head gear could be a problem.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I love Sethrak, they look cool as hell. And I love their Egyptian/Arabic aesthetic, with the patterns and the thick cloths.
    We will see. They seem to be enemy NPCs so far. And the head gear could be a problem.
    the head gear is probably the only thing thats tricky to do but knowing Blizz they will find something to do about it same as Tauren and Worgen if they become playable wich I really am hoping for as with the Vulpera.

As for the rest of them they seem to have a really cool Racial mount the Trilobite mount we saw at Blizzcon also what do you guys think what kind of Racials they would have I would recon they would have a nature resistance buff or poison resistance thing going on.