Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    The biggest problem I think is people think they can boost a character to 110 and know how to play it. Some can, most can’t.
    I don't think "knowing how to play" has any part here, certainly not for me. Not in the content that has an automated queue system. On a newly dinged character, I can be aware that my performance is horrible, but that won't stop me from doing any content for which I'm "eligible".

Now in any content with human interaction -- I will go on a guilt trip if I think I'm not pulling my weight (even in a 30-man normal-mode pug of an old raid tier, where one can feel "invisible", if you wish).

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    If you are a good player with some dedication, you can level without LFR very easily. No need to ever do it.

But yeah, it should be removed from the game. I mean, most people in LFR are indescribeably stupid and I get a shock every time. I mean, I don't wanna sound to mean, but I can't understand how most people in LFR even managed to log into the game, start their computer or even like breathe irl. It's both sad and fascinating at the same time how people can be so bad.
    Funny enough this is how I feel about normal/heroic pugs, but I don't want Normal/Heroic removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    If you are a good player with some dedication, you can level without LFR very easily. No need to ever do it.

But yeah, it should be removed from the game. I mean, most people in LFR are indescribeably stupid and I get a shock every time. I mean, I don't wanna sound to mean, but I can't understand how most people in LFR even managed to log into the game, start their computer or even like breathe irl. It's both sad and fascinating at the same time how people can be so bad.
    Yeah, remove the content that the majority of the playerbase only plays for the very small vocal minority that dislikes it and gets upset when running it.

Why even run LFR when you can just get into Normal/Heroic with that type of attitude?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Funny enough this is how I feel about normal/heroic pugs, but I don't want Normal/Heroic removed.
    You're talking to the same guy who claimed to be a mythic raider and then backtracked when people found out his extent of "mythic raiding" consisted of killing like 3 HFC bosses after the instance had been out for 9 months.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    You're talking to the same guy who claimed to be a mythic raider and then backtracked when people found out his extent of "mythic raiding" consisted of killing like 3 HFC bosses after the instance had been out for 9 months.
    Ahh that would explain it.

Deleted
    While it sucks at the moment for players capable to do mechanics and enough dps with their alts, this is a good thing overall.

Failing again and again will give players feedback that what they are doing does not work and in extreme cases they will maybe even get kicked as feedback of their dps being too low or failing mechanics constantly.

This kind of feedback and lfr bosses having "teeth" has lacked for a long time, like seriously, i have paused raiding and got months later into antorus lfr and fell of my chair seeing mechanics like aggramars hit combo killing the raid. Ahh that was a good laugh.

What players are doing with the feedback is their thing entirely, point the finger to someone else like they probably do irl or seeing their own mistakes and grow and learn out of them. (Y'know you are the only constant in your life that you can really change and such)

Please do not nerf lfr even though it may be unpleasent at the moment.
    I am sure that at least some players can learn and grow from it in it's current state

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Yep, he should have some kind of a track-record attached to how often he had to backtrack from his own statements before

Hi,
    I have a boosted char and I faced many problems killing Kil'Jaeden on LFR. Not because of dps, tanking or healing, but because of people not following strat. Most people know how to do the fight but are on a mindset of "I have enough gear to take the hit" but forget they are on a boosted char with lower ilvl.
    Speaking of Antorus, I completed all boss on LFR without any problem, as there was a mix of boosted and "normal" chars. If you know what to do and have the minimum requirement, there's no problem.
    @Twinsting Nether EU
    Sokatsui, Retsuhana, Kutohitsugî, Skaoi, Goshintai, Ahres, Palhaço, Shikeishuu, Dorã, Koitika, Noslen, Ahtramedes.

@Ravencrest EU
    Retsuhana

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the boosted characters are at the core of the issue. The true problem is the LFR mentality altogether and the way LFR works as a whole. The majority of the LFR crowd refuse to participate adequately in the content and just expect to be carried. Most of the time it turns out fine for them cause there are those 4-5-6 guys in the raid who are 40-50-60 ilevels above the rest and just carry the other 2/3 of the raid.
    The drama occurs when the whole raid consists of low-geared people who still refuse to put any effort whatsoever and the whole thing turns into a sh*tshow. Whenever I have to do LFR on a character with lower ilevel I just have some friends come with me to ensure there is someone who is actually adequate so we can get it done and get out. I do the same for them.
    That's a sad state of affairs unfortunately. What's the point of content which requires people to have some "God" come down from the "skies" and help them get anything done cause they refuse to participate. This expectation really gets me. I don't know how this can be changed though. Maybe set an ilevel ceiling (will never happen ofc) so people will have to actually at least try to play their characters instead of just auto-attack until the boss dies of boredom.

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    Get gear on LFR? Why? You have plenty better options to gear up.
    Only if you've got guildies willing to carry you through M+. If you don't have people willing to carry and dump gear, LFR is a good option.

Hell, even if you do, LFR is 1 more shot at each tier slot, plus legendary chances.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisCthulhu View Post
    Only if you've got guildies willing to carry you through M+. If you don't have people willing to carry and dump gear, LFR is a good option.

Hell, even if you do, LFR is 1 more shot at each tier slot, plus legendary chances.
    I still think the fastest way to gear without having anyone help you is to farm relinquished gear. You can get full 910+ gear really quick; like in under a week and then take part in lower level m+ LFR/Normal and get gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaecks View Post
    What players are doing with the feedback is their thing entirely, point the finger to someone else like they probably do irl or seeing their own mistakes and grow and learn out of them. (Y'know you are the only constant in your life that you can really change and such)
    As GhostCrawler once pointed out, this line of thought doesn't work when it comes to games, majority just walks away and stops trying until the content is trivial enough to roflstomp through it, because it's not IRL and your livelihood doesn't depend on you succeeding, so overcoming the challenge isn't that important, heck, many people don't do it even IRL.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    As GhostCrawler once pointed out, this line of thought doesn't work when it comes to games, majority just walks away and stops trying until the content is trivial enough to roflstomp through it, because it's not IRL and your livelihood doesn't depend on you succeeding, so overcoming the challenge isn't that important, heck, many people don't do it even IRL.
    I don't know his complete quote on this but i think this only works if you know there will be a point in an acceptable timeframe where it will be much easier.

This is not entirely true for most of the fights now, staying in kingaroths laser will kill you as example, you can't really outgear it especially as casual lfr player.

I also don't think that most people that play games are really like that, sure there is a certain attention span and priority depending on how casual you go about it so that most of this people won't put up with hard mechanics for too long, but heck, one or two things you need to do to not die next time? If you can breathe, you also can do that.

And that's the point i want to make, in WoD and early Legion lfr there was no way to improve because it didn't matter, you couldn't die if there were at least 2 active healers and in general you could do it with 5 people knowing their stuff.

So a kind of feedback will always be better than no feedback for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Should blizz put a one week+ instance lock on Boosted toons? Sick of my alts not being able to finish LFRs for a week plus after preorders because you get a bunch of boosted toons pulling jack all DPS. It's been like this since the boosts were introduced.
    oh definitely I agree 1000% I think that Boosted Alts should get less gearing chances than you because you experienced a few bad ones. Not like removing gearing chances makes it harder to complete lfr with low ilvl

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    When 75% of the raid is boosted and pulling less than 700k on Argus and you're wiping after 4 deter stacks to enrage at 10% it's a problem
    No, that's never the reason you wipe on LFR Argus. Argus DPS check is actually non existent. The reason you wipe is people are either A.) dying in phase 1 which leads to B.)add phase takes too long because of either point A or people are not focusing one down at a time. Splitting damage on adds because of the MAGIC dmg boost is actually a detriment in LFR simply because you don't have enough coordination to where it becomes a benefit or C.) People do not switch to orbs which kills too many people and finally D.) people DO NOT release which leads to an overall DPS reduction

Wipes are because of these reasons, you hit berserk because of these reasons. If you nail those key points, your DPS will be no where near as important.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    People of all item levels slack in LFR tbh.

I too just afk the first 2 bosses of a wing and alt+F4 after pulling the third boss (you still get loot that way without playing!)
    This is the answer. LFR has such a bad reputation that many of the good players don't even try. Last week I was doing the first wing of Antorus and as we were clearing trash to Hounds I noticed like 5 guys all from the same guild were still sitting at Worldbreaker. I call out to them 'hey guys mind actually helping clear the trash?' And they're all like 'it's lfr trash who cares we were top dps on the boss so *************'. Then they got locked out of the boss fight and all voted to kick me. It passed.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    People of all item levels slack in LFR tbh.

I too just afk the first 2 bosses of a wing and alt+F4 after pulling the third boss (you still get loot that way without playing!)
    People like you should only be grouped with other people like you.

The LFR is designed for people like this surely. Join a proper guild if you want coordination.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    yeah! LFR belongs to the GOOD players, not these idiots trying to get gear!!
    The most fun I've had in LFR was arguing with a 950 DH.

To set the stage......a Sunday morning dicking around on my hunter. Horrible gear and the worst lego you can have for a hunter. I figure well I've got the quest for the ring might as well que up kill the morning waiting. Que pops and it was horrible tank city for about 4 pulls on the 1st boss. We went through 5 tanks and 7 healers and we had the best conversion and fun in chat waiting for different tank/healers. So finally we get to unmaker and wipe the 1st 2 time. Most of us knew people were learning the fights so it was what it was.

Some DPS leave and said DH joins. Well we wipe on the 3rd attempt and he starts screaming KILL ALL LOW DPS!! I'm like dude calm down it's LFR on a Sunday....this is the best the system has to offer. He starts in on how I shouldn't even be there because my DPS sucks and everything and how his hunter can pull 1 mil naked in Mythic or some such crap. I told him that he was the one who shouldn't be here in 950 gear. That he should be doing mythic or whatever it was and to get out of OUR TIER. I've never seen so many LOLs in chat before.

People were whispering me that he started a vote to kick on me. It didn't pass and finally we got the healer we needed and the tanks pulled. He typed in /Yell the whole fight so he couldn't have been doing more than auto attack and hitting whatever lights up. We had the best time watching him rage about "bads" in LFR.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    The most fun I've had in LFR was arguing with a 950 DH.

To set the stage......a Sunday morning dicking around on my hunter. Horrible gear and the worst lego you can have for a hunter. I figure well I've got the quest for the ring might as well que up kill the morning waiting. Que pops and it was horrible tank city for about 4 pulls on the 1st boss. We went through 5 tanks and 7 healers and we had the best conversion and fun in chat waiting for different tank/healers. So finally we get to unmaker and wipe the 1st 2 time. Most of us knew people were learning the fights so it was what it was.

Some DPS leave and said DH joins. Well we wipe on the 3rd attempt and he starts screaming KILL ALL LOW DPS!! I'm like dude calm down it's LFR on a Sunday....this is the best the system has to offer. He starts in on how I shouldn't even be there because my DPS sucks and everything and how his hunter can pull 1 mil naked in Mythic or some such crap. I told him that he was the one who shouldn't be here in 950 gear. That he should be doing mythic or whatever it was and to get out of OUR TIER. I've never seen so many LOLs in chat before.

People were whispering me that he started a vote to kick on me. It didn't pass and finally we got the healer we needed and the tanks pulled. He typed in /Yell the whole fight so he couldn't have been doing more than auto attack and hitting whatever lights up. We had the best time watching him rage about "bads" in LFR.
    Jeez, that's gross :/