Page 12 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    @Faerillis ty for the info. seems a bit loop hole-ish but...its what i figured.

I understand they're in the lore and it would suck if it didn't happen but if it's not a good enough reason for you to unsub, then stop whining. All of this complaining every day and screaming "fuck you" at blizz without quitting is doing absolutely no good for yourself or the game. Unsub or shut up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    for game balance reasons. its why troll only gets 10.
    I don't see how having an option or not equates to 'balance'.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I don't see how having an option or not equates to 'balance'.
    of course you wouldn't. thats why you probably shouldn't be a game designer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im still hoping that they are hiding Paladins alongside/instead of Monks.

Whats the deal with Dark Iron Paladins? Is that the only known class through datamining? If so, then they might be hiding things.

Also, i wrote this at 2am. It will hopefully make sense. :|
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

7+ Year Old Account
    for game balance reasons. its why troll only gets 10.

so, normal trolls have 10, zandalari would have what 9 and how this is a huge unbalance?
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-02-07 at 06:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    At current standing with Allied races, Horde has 4 races that can be druids (2 taurens and 2 trolls). While Alliance still only has 2, unless Dark Iron are gonna turn out to be druids. Balance seems to have been thrown out the window at this point.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    so, normal trolls heve 10, zandalari would have what 9 and how this is a huge unbalance?
    because you'd to give di something else. then you'd have one more paladin and whatever to worry about for pvp balance, economy, and pve balance. just to name a few. all because some people couldn't just play the paladin they got right now?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure whey there would be troll Paladins (Zandalari or otherwise) lore wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    And what mystical reason do you have for them not being paladins, oh game designer sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    At current standing with Allied races, Horde has 4 races that can be druids (2 taurens and 2 trolls). While Alliance still only has 2, unless Dark Iron are gonna turn out to be druids. Balance seems to have been thrown out the window at this point.
    alliance dominates paladin choices. i knew you'd try to twist this into "well balance isn't great anyway." why fuck it up even more?

zandalari only get 8 classes to play and paladin wasnt picked? it's a pretty simple concept.
    Blood elves didn't have warriors for a few years. Just because some classes are rooted doesn't mean we should have them. Zandalari rogues could have been avoided.I haven't read much about it and maybe someone can help but how exactly can zandalari be druids?

alliance dominates paladin choices. i knew you'd try to twist this into "well balance isn't great anyway." why fuck it up even more?
    Yeah and Horde dominated Shamans and now also druids.

Honestly I'm happy they can't be paladins - yes their in lore but so are a lot of things that we can't have. With this announcement though I'm starting to think that Dark Iron won't be Shamans because they'll be keeping it 2/2 for paladins shaman that way (even though ye get more druids)

Quote Originally Posted by Zanarika View Post
    If our logic is going to be in terms of quantity then there are lots of things that wouldn't be justified in this game. For example Demon Hunters are supposed to be few, yet they are a playable class, Void Elves are supposed to be few, yet they are a playable race. Literally nothing points towards Zandalari not being able to be Warlocks. Just because few are able to master it, it doesn't mean that literally all submit themselves to the ritual. Also in order for one to try so, they must be already dedicated to it, so there surely are more with the knowledge of Demonic arts without necessarily going through the process to possess a demon. Also according to anything I've seen so far relating to them and how they are seen by their society, they are seen as necessary, not condemnable, therefore after the success in Zul'gurub others might have attempted to follow the same path. Heck, there's so much we don't know!

For all we know the Zandalari might have even have joined into the practice in larger numbers since the Legion invaded, because let's be honest, that's something not even them in their secluded island could ignore, specially when a gigantic fel planet materialized in orbit and demons began running rampant in the world.

Just because we don't see them it doesn't mean they aren't there, and as you can see, now they are here for real. Again, I'm all for getting Paladins, but sacrificing an already announced class, no matter which one it is, seems extremely unnecessary and hasty, and honestly super unfair. You were waiting for Paladins just as eagerly as I was Warlocks, so I find it unfair that one would trade their disappointement for someone else's disappointment.
    It's not that I disagree with you. I only pointed out that paladin-like mobs actually made appearrences and have been shown in game, while warlocks didn't. This is why it's so odd that paladins didn't make it despite being shown there and there, but something that is considered rarity is an option.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Ok blizzard I guess we'll just go fuck ourselves
    Just because the Zandalari Prelates used paladin-like abilities on the Isle of Thunder/Throne of Thunder does -not- mean they are traditional paladins.

The Zandalari practice different faiths of the loa. They do not worship the Holy Light. Perhaps a truly devoted Zandalari has the personality and characteristics of a paladin (zealous devotion to the Light) and share similarities on how they wield the power of the focus of their faith.

Then you must take into consideration if the world "paladin" is to describe the class and the theme as it is, or a role one fills when they more-or-less weaponize their faith.

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    Just because the Zandalari Prelates used paladin-like abilities on the Isle of Thunder/Throne of Thunder does -not- mean they are traditional paladins.

The Zandalari practice different faiths of the loa. They do not worship the Holy Light. Perhaps a truly devoted Zandalari has the personality and characteristics of a paladin (zealous devotion to the Light) and share similarities on how they wield the power of the focus of their faith.

Then you must take into consideration if the world "paladin" is to describe the class and the theme as it is, or a role one fills when they more-or-less weaponize their faith.
    Neither are Tauren or blood elves traditional paladins. However, a paladin style class, a zealot warrior priest fits the zandalari way more than say Tauren or blood elves.

7+ Year Old Account
    because you'd to give di something else. then you'd have one more paladin and whatever to worry about for pvp balance, economy, and pve balance. just to name a few. all because some people couldn't just play the paladin they got right now?
    how the horde getting one paladin race, who would increase from 2 would affect the pvp, pve and economy balance? you are being too much melodramatic

alliance will get 2 more paladins, and one more shaman with dark iron, its could be perfect fine to give zandalari paladin, so they could dilute the blood elf cancer

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post

blood elf order, tauren order and draenei order don't fit the traditional human paladin order(maybe draeneis a bit), yet they exist
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-02-07 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    how the horde getting one paladin race, who would increase from 2 would affect the pvp pv and economy balance? you are being too much melodramatic

alliance will get 2 more paladins, and one more shaman with dark iron, its could be perfect fine to give zandalari paladin, so they could dilute the blood elf cancer

- - - Updated - - -

blodo elf order, tauren order and draenei order don't fit the traditional human paladin order, yet they exist
    More trolls less belfs. Win win scenario. Missed opportunity there blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Missed View Post
    Neither are Tauren or blood elves traditional paladins. However, a paladin style class, a zealot warrior priest fits the zandalari way more than say Tauren or blood elves.
    So is the source of their devotion need to be considered? The Holy Light versus the loa?

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Going to repost what I said in the Beta thread:

Player paladins are holy light-worshipping protectors of the innocent. Their gameplay, armor, spells, visuals and in-game lore are based entirely and solely on the concept of the original Silver Hand paladins, and this does not, nor ever will fit any kind of Troll. Look at the Sunwalkers as an example: Blizzard touted them as being their own separate thing, "they're not really paladins, they're Sunwalkers". But the reality is that in terms of gameplay, presentation and hell even lore now, Tauren Paladins are not sunwalkers, they are Silver Hand-style paladins. And it doesn't suit them at all.

So it's all well and good to say, "hey they're Prelates, not Paladins" but at the end of the day they are going to look and play exactly like a Silver Hand paladin, casting Holy Light and Hammer of the Righteous. Calling an apple a banana doesn't make it a banana.

In lore there are no Troll paladins, there are no Tauren paladins; there are Prelates and Sunwalkers, but you cannot play as a Sunwalker or a Prelate because the playable class is only portrayed as a light-worshipping Silver Hand-type paladin. Player paladins, whether Human, Blood Elf, Tauren or whatever are only one thing - normal Silver Hand type paladins. "Sunwalker" and "Prelate" are just empty words, because there is nothing that differentiates them from actual Paladins. A Troll paladin would not be a "Prelate", they would be a regular Paladin. And that does not fit the race at all.

They all wear the same armor and use the same spells. If Blizzard were to bother giving them their own spell effects and names that would be a different story, but as it stands Sunwalkers and Prelates do not exist for player characters - there are only Paladins.
    What about Draenei vindicators? They existed long before order of silver hand was established?
    And the same applies to Zandalari prelate, they have different theme, they have different backstory, and they have different faith but mechanics exactly the same. They're zelous worshippers of Loa that prefer brute force.

And using your logic... space goats shouldn't be shamans because they're not shamanistic at all. And yet we have those weirdos all over shaman class hall, when shaman was originally Horde exclusive class, that was all about tribal themes, ancinet rites, spirits and such.

Speaking for myself. I wanted this combo for one more reason - I wanted for belf population to receive a blow. Majority of them were picked for paladin class, and people will have another alternative between them and tauren.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria