Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    So, isn't this just a Wildstar ripoff? I've read several of the Warcraft novels, short stories, Chronicles, and such (didn't play the RTS games much) but I've never even heard of a Vulpera. What part of the lore were they introduced in?

Secondly, is it even confirmed that they're a playable race? People are saying they're rerolling to play this. I haven't seen anything that says they'll be playable. Thread is titled as if it's not speculation.
    They will be a part of the gameplay and in-game story as of Battle for Azeroth, we'll be spending time around the race.

As for it being confirmed: No, but with the hype surrounding the race, they would've confirmed by now that it's NOT becoming a playable race if that were the case. Of course, we can never be 100% certain until they confirm or deny.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Yes, because I'm spamming threads about how this sucks and responding to every positive comment just to shit all over them, right?

I think I might have commented once or twice about I would prefer Broken over LF Draenei (well established, eh?). I've never however shit all over them or accused them of not fitting in WoW or anything akin to what you're doing.
    No that's not right. Who's spamming threads?

Compared to vulpera? Yes well estabilished. Not sure who you're talking to but I have 15 posts in this forum, 5 of which in this thread. Is this your idea of "shitting over smth" or are you just unable to hold a conversation without becoming emotionally unstable?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    I didn't say that. More than anything I hate reboots, restarts and retcons. But after 20 years of a long stream of lore, you might find it a bit uninteresting that the heroes still fight murlocs, quillboars kobolds and are helping and befriending the same people over and over.

What I found unoriginal was your comment about games with furries that I can go play. I am not mad. I just find it boring and repetitive. I just like the race.
    That's great. I don't but I appreciate your reply. I think one of wow's strength is its lore. The more we work it the better it gets.

10+ Year Old Account
    "OwO so cute omgxxx cuty furry fox tails ;3 plz blizz ^_^ theres already furry races in the gaem but its ok this is sooo cute fox tails omg :333"

Literally every single furry post I come across. I can't think why anyone would unironically want this shit to be playable, there's some kind of mental disability with some people where as soon as Blizzard releases something new with barely any information or whenever a race gets re-introduced like the Arrakoa in WoD or Ethereals now in Argus people suddenly remember they exist after 8 years and something snaps inside of them and they scream HUAHUAHURUUAHWU BLIZZ PLZ ADD NEW RACE OK THX.

At this point the game might as well be called World of Zoocraft or World of Elfcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    They'll be part of WoW and added as an option in WoW.

Saying "this ain't some Asian MMORPG" is just the bastard child of the "no true scotsman"-fallacy argument. We already have Cowpeople, Wolf people, little people with pink hair, Panda people... WoW is an extremely mixed bag of serious and funny, light-hearted stuff. People concerned with their image as manly or mature whilst playing this PG12 game are in for a very rough ride indeed.
    Cow people as you put it are basically minotaurs, wolf people are just a human kingdom that fell to a curse, little people with pink hair aren't even furries and along with Tauren have been in the game since vanilla, and as much as Pandaren piss me off they've been in the lore for quite some time. Sure WoW has its silly goofiness but it needs to have its limits and I really do not want to see more of this furry shit, it's called WARcraft, its had the Scourge, Cataclysm, Old Gods, Burning Legion, etc. Very light-hearted stuff indeed I mean whats the harm in some cute furry foxes right? :3

The only sensible race I still hope to see are the Vrykul, could be a new neutral race - basically the remnants of the Vrykul after Arthas was defeated and could receive the same treatment as the Pandaren, different clan/faction leader - one for the alliance and one for the horde. But enough of this fucking furry trash if people want to play as a fox, fire up your old playstation 2 and play Ratchet and Clank.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Deleted
    God, please no... As NPC's okay, but nooo not player models. Furries are vile

Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    "OwO so cute omgxxx cuty furry fox tails ;3 plz blizz ^_^ theres already furry races in the gaem but its ok this is sooo cute fox tails omg :333"

Literally every single furry post I come across. I can't think why anyone would unironically want this shit to be playable, there's some kind of mental disability with some people where as soon as Blizzard releases something new with barely any information or whenever a race gets re-introduced like the Arrakoa in WoD or Ethereals now in Argus people suddenly remember they exist after 8 years and something snaps inside of them and they scream HUAHUAHURUUAHWU BLIZZ PLZ ADD NEW RACE OK THX.

At this point the game might as well be called World of Zoocraft or World of Elfcraft.

Cow people as you put it are basically minotaurs, wolf people are just a human kingdom that fell to a curse, little people with pink hair aren't even furries and along with Tauren have been in the game since vanilla, and as much as Pandaren piss me off they've been in the lore for quite some time. Sure WoW has its silly goofiness but it needs to have its limits and I really do not want to see more of this furry shit, it's called WARcraft, its had the Scourge, Cataclysm, Old Gods, Burning Legion, etc. Very light-hearted stuff indeed I mean whats the harm in some cute furry foxes right? :3
    One of the ear options for vulpera literally has its left ear bitten off, so they're far from some peaceful, cutesy race. It's also implied that they're being enslaved by the sethrak and that they're not entirely trustworthy as a race. So they definitely have things going for them.

The only sensible race I still hope to see are the Vrykul, could be a new neutral race - basically the remnants of the Vrykul after Arthas was defeated and could receive the same treatment as the Pandaren, different clan/faction leader - one for the alliance and one for the horde. But enough of this fucking furry trash if people want to play as a fox, fire up your old playstation 2 and play Ratchet and Clank.
    I definitely want vrykul. I think they would have made a great human allied race considering Sigryn—current Queen of the Tideskorn—owes her throne to the Kirin Tor.

My allied race/race wishlist so far are...

1. Ogres
    2. Vrykul
    3. Vulpera
    4. Furbolgs
    5. Draenor/Mag'har Orcs
    6. Sethrak

This better not be a horde race. I don't want these little furries horde side.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    One of the ear options for vulpera literally has its left ear bitten off, so they're far from some peaceful, cutesy race. It's also implied that they're being enslaved by the sethrak and that they're not entirely trustworthy as a race. So they definitely have things going for them.

I definitely want vrykul. I think they would have made a great human allied race considering Sigryn—current Queen of the Tideskorn—owes her throne to the Kirin Tor.

My allied race/race wishlist so far are...

1. Ogres
    2. Vrykul
    3. Vulpera
    4. Furbolgs
    5. Draenor/Mag'har Orcs
    6. Sethrak
    So... small, opportunistic and potentially vicious? We've got goblins. Send them to the alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    So, isn't this just a Wildstar ripoff? I've read several of the Warcraft novels, short stories, Chronicles, and such (didn't play the RTS games much) but I've never even heard of a Vulpera. What part of the lore were they introduced in?

Secondly, is it even confirmed that they're a playable race? People are saying they're rerolling to play this. I haven't seen anything that says they'll be playable. Thread is titled as if it's not speculation.
    Wow is beyond all of the novels. Blizzard adds new shit that has no prior existance all the time with new expansions.

I dont think they have been confirmed playable. They could just be a NPC race.

Quote Originally Posted by Missed View Post
    So... small, opportunistic and potentially vicious? We've got goblins. Send them to the alliance.
    No thank you you can have them for free I don't even need a other allied race to balance you having them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    They will be a part of the gameplay and in-game story as of Battle for Azeroth, we'll be spending time around the race.

As for it being confirmed: No, but with the hype surrounding the race, they would've confirmed by now that it's NOT becoming a playable race if that were the case. Of course, we can never be 100% certain until they confirm or deny.
    Ahh, okay. I got the distinct impression this was something players have been wanting by reading the thread, but if they're new, my impressions were wrong.

True, it could be something they're keeping on the d/l. They do look like a potentially viable model for playability.

Someone posted something along the lines of the Paladin Charger mount summoning spell had both Thin Humans and Vulpera added to it along with Human and Dwarf. Though it might also add Dark Iron Dwarf, unless they get some other mount, or can't be Paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Missed View Post
    And vulpera would be the goblin allied race, so it would fit like a glove.

Still, there are some key differences as well. They seem less occupied with greed and are far more tribal than most goblins.

Being an animal race also allows for interesting combat opportunities in roleplay. An orc can't charge head first into an army of human soldiers, but a tauren can. Say what you will about pandaren, but they still have claws and teeth. One of the most fucked up but enjoyable characters I've encountered was a Horde-hating pandaren that sadistically enjoyed killing Horde with his claws and hated any semblance of neutrality (his family was killed by orcs back on Pandaria).

Quote Originally Posted by Tidders View Post
    I don't understand the obsession with this race... isnt there a wildstar race that looks really similar?
    As you can tell from the massive outrage over allied race grinds, these furry weirdos don't want to work hard in a game, so wildstar is out of the question.

10+ Year Old Account
    all the salt in this thread, race looks neat and definitly better than reskin nightelfs/tauren
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post

Ears

Face

Nose

Skin

I love the fox tail!!!!
    HOLY SHIT! I get to play a furry ! Can't wait cant wait !! hahaha
    Yes, I draw my own avatars.

The moment when I will stop playing wow forever and ever is when stupid childish foxes appear from nowhere like a playable race.
    Next stop - rabbits, gummy bears, ducks and Teletubbies
    Last edited by dimitrov; 2018-02-07 at 06:50 PM.

Yeah beacuse WoW needs to enable furries more.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

I'm going to play one....

I'm going to play a Beastmaster Hunter Vulpera with 2 fox pets riding a fox mount with a fox mini pet.

These things are actually going to be a thing? I don't mind if they are Alliance..... the more reason for me to pick up my PVP skills and impale as many of them as possible. Its not that I hate furries that much but these simply do not fit as playable races to me imo.

7+ Year Old Account
    its too much customization for a npc race, they would probably be playable indeed