Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by serendipity11 View Post
    When it comes to a video game. How it feels is more important than the numbers. It's an experience. Something to do for enjoyment.

- - - Updated - - -

WoW has an excellent story which makes levelling fun and immersive. Even if I did it before it's fun to do it again. If you don't like it, why are you even playing? To hit level cap? And do what? Raid? That's literally just a different flavor of grinding. And most boss mechanics are re-used. So it's again same ol' same ol' you've always done.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh boy.. you're a boost conspiracy theoriest. Tell me O' logical one. If this was all a giant ploy to sell more boosts why is it that heritage armour isn't obtainable if you boost? Like most of the vet players who are making alts right now are making allied races. Easily seen while questing or in a dungeon. If blizzard really just wanted to sell boost they wouldn't have locked heritage armor (Transmog being one of WoW's most popular features) behind levelling the old fashioned way. Sorry. Little bubble got popped.

Logic disagrees with you here.
    Time to read some proper fantasy then....WoW had a mediocre-good story up to Lich King...since then it`s an utter rubbish, not fantasy, but fable (illogical things all over the board...like after decades of war, all the races have the power and will to continue the fight..ahem..and the manpower and resources coming from Great Old Fairy Mother, right? Sorry no..no real fantasy races can afford full scale wars for decades as people dies and replacing them is time consuming and hard...and equipiing them as well...and support the front lines as well...and so on..for reference in a good fantasy check Raymond E. Feist Riftwar Legacy books....how a REAL war ongoing and how heavy is the toll..)
    Questing wise..Vanilla is not existing anymore as Cataclysm overwrote almost everything.....so much about the story...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Have you played TBC? Alts are hardly at half the annoyance nowadays than they were back in the day...
    That's objectively false... you didn't have to worry about AP, or legendaries, by the end of BC I had everything except a priest and hunter at level cap and geared enough to do heroic dungeons. If I wanted to switch characters the only obstacle I had to overcome was gearing, and with a willing guild (and usually the reason for a switch was need) that came relatively quickly.

Additionally the power gap between someone in kara gear, to someone in say T6, isn't even in the same ballpark, when you compare a person with little or no AP to someone who is participating in current tier progression.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2018-02-07 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    You realize the exact same thing could be said with how far they took things in the opposite direction before now?
    If you read the whole post I made you could see that I had a fix for that.

I did say that. This is obviously my opinion. I also mentioned if it IS slower it's by a very small amount. I don't complain about a 5 cent increase on something that costs a dollar. Why are people complaining so much about this? I truly do not understand.
    But would you complain about a 14% increase? This 5% that you state is lies. You said leveling takes 8 days instead of 7. That's not 5%. It sounds as though you just want to defend Blizzard and your shitty maths just makes you lose all credibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Players need to stop treating the game like it's a job. If you aren't enjoying leveling alts then don't level an alt? Do what you find fun in the game.

Grinding is an MMO staple/feature. It just seems like some people are against grinding. But with that all I have to say is maybe MMO's aren't for you? You're not going to find an MMO without grind. In fact compared to Asian MMOs wow has basically no grind.
    No one playing wow is against the grind. Leveling is a grind that just doesn't matter though. People will always still do it for whatever reason they may have. Regardless of speed, most people who do it often will find the most effective way of doing it. Which is the same principle applied to ALL aspects of the grind. No one is genuinely rep-grinding certain factions at a slower speed because it's arguably better. They're doing it the most effective way they know.

The problem isn't leveling in general, I'd say, it's that the lvl 1-90 content just doesn't offer anything interesting anymore. So of course people want to get through it as fast as possible. I would go as far to say that the people this leveling change is a problem for only have a problem with it because they are probably leveling a class they have already leveled to max and they know how to play it already. They just wanted a reroll or something.

The leveling IS slower, as it was intended by blizzard. You may not feel that, as someone else has posted they enjoy it, hence it's "better". That's fine but this is mmo-champion forums, not an echo-chamber. Your opinion will be opposed. Just as some things in my post will.

I have 20 toons at 90+ level. 13 at 110.

I am currently leveling a Void Elf Rogue. It is significantly slower. Mobs can't be 1-2 shot like it used to be with pre-nerfed heirlooms.

However with enchanted weapons and gear, it is a bit of a help. If you're leveling without enchants on your heirlooms, try it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valette View Post
    I just leveled a void elf hunter to 110. Here are my findings. It took me just over 2days playtime to hit 110. This is with using heirlooms, but no exp potion or outside help (boosts or that sort). 40-60 felt a bit slower, which makes sense cause thats where they increased the exp requirements the most.
    60-80 I finished by doing the whole of borean thundra, sholozar basin, grizzly hills and dragonblight.
    80-90 (Cata and mop) went super fast. Much faster than before. I did whole hyjal, whole deepholm and a couple quests in twilight highlands. Thats it.
    90-100 was a breeze. I have flying unlocked, so I spent about 3-4hours picking up treasures and doing bonus objectives.
    100-110 took about 7ish hours I believe. (without doing any invasions)
    That's the thing. Before this happened, you could level out of Cata by doing just one zone. I remember doing Vashj'ir and I was done. Now, as you mentioned, it takes 2.5 zones.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    The EXP needed to get from 1-60 was increased by around 60%. Also you might get a level every 5 minutes early on but around level 20 that 5 minutes can easily become 20, 30+ Minutes
    yeah i hear you on that with full heirlooms and rested exp and the WHEE! exp buff it still takes so long to level..
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    I have 20 toons at 90+ level. 13 at 110.

I am currently leveling a Void Elf Rogue. It is significantly slower. Mobs can't be 1-2 shot like it used to be with pre-nerfed heirlooms.

However with enchanted weapons and gear, it is a bit of a help. If you're leveling without enchants on your heirlooms, try it.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the thing. Before this happened, you could level out of Cata by doing just one zone. I remember doing Vashj'ir and I was done. Now, as you mentioned, it takes 2.5 zones.
    Thats cata AND mop in 2.5 zones.

Deleted
    What kind of enchant can we use ?

Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    in 24 hrs before the patch i would be 100 and working well into 110 by then.
    Pretty much this.

Now on my hunter that I started a week or so after the patch.

Character was on 2 days /played, around only 80...

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Yes, I find it hard to believe that with the least alt friendly xpac to date, you suddenly get a bug to level a bunch of alts.

Laughably false. This isn't even remotely true.
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Mob_difficulty_colors
    At 68 anything 60-65 would be green. Zangarmarsh being a 60-64 zone everything would be green.
    Here are the formulas for calculating xp received from killing mobs.
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Formulas:Mob_XP

Does that increase in xp from never fighting mobs beneath your level equal the increased xp required to level? My gut says no... but it is hardly irrelevant.

Perhaps you are right.
    Well I like to have all the challenge artifact appearances and wanted to consolidate all my chars on alliance on the server I was playing on, so I got it done. I also have the "do the campaign with every class" achievment that proves I actually did level 12 110s this expansion. post broken shore the xpack wasn't actually alt unfriendly at all, if you knew to pick your battles. Especially not if you took advantage of the many ways to make the general grind easier on yourself.

reckon though 66-68 is for dungeon leveling. 1x Mana crypt, 1x Auchindoun proper, 1x Sethekk halls and you're done. Dungeon questlines at that level especially gave a ton of XP. Also at 67 you could get into utgarde keep iirc.

Since words are cheap, here are my chars:

These are my pre-legion old chars on horde: https://imgur.com/n0lWkWp

These are my chars in legion: https://imgur.com/cXNdWh0 https://imgur.com/yKQhEj1
    Last edited by Magicpot; 2018-02-08 at 11:04 AM.

The other annoying thing about this is that they think they nerfed the dungeon leveling, but now people just do it in a different way. 2 windows, leveling with a high level character. Just spamming the same dungeon. From what I could tell it's possible to level 1-90 in 22 hours. So they failed to remove the fast leveling, they just made it more tedious for no reason at all. People who wanted hardcore could always level without heirlooms. Heck, this system could've stayed they just had to keep the heirlooms at the same powerlevel, while making things more difficult and keeping the same exp gain from dungeons. Everyone would be please. Those who want a slower experience go without heirlooms doing quests. Those who wants a faster experience go with looms via dungeons. Now it's either slow and annoying via quests or a 50 EUR boost. Come on.

No voidwalker at 10 sucks for people without heirlooms
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    But I've been levelling allied races for their heritage armour and I'm not seeing a problem. True I haven't levelled a character from scratch since MoP.
    and there is your problem and thread closed .)
    ps: FEELINGS are always a BAD thing to discuss as they are personal opinions and nothing more.

I'm totally in agreement! I'm only level 42 and yeah it's great I can finish a zone and A LOT of the zones are alliance versus horde so I can keep telling myself this is BFA but my god if I wanted leveling like this I'd wait for classic to come out.

Not everyone wanted this change and doing this stuff for like the 6th time it's mind numbing! I've played every expansion and classic and always got to Max level...I've done this so why do I have to drag myself through it all again at a slower pace? I don't have 60 quid to boost so I guess I have like a year to suffer on

Quote Originally Posted by Jaecks View Post
    60$ every time for a boost
    Or 4 tokens. How long does it take you to farm gold for 4 tokens on your main?
    If you prefer that route, it's probably even faster than leveling, both before and after 7.3.5

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Or 4 tokens. How long does it take you to farm gold for 4 tokens on your main?
    If you prefer that route, it's probably even faster than leveling, both before and after 7.3.5
    Blizzard nets 20 EUR more from 4 tokens then from me buying the boost directly. I will surely not give them even more money for a change I am not fine with.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Blizzard nets 20 EUR more from 4 tokens then from me buying the boost directly. I will surely not give them even more money for a change I am not fine with.
    What if I told you Blizzard can sell as many tokens as they want, whatever you do?
    They are both the issuer of the currency and the sole arbitrator in it's trade.
    You trading gold or not for store balance is only about you getting blizzard bucks, and has no impact on their earnings either way.

True I haven't levelled a character from scratch since MoP.
    That's why it doesn't feel slower for you. They only messed up the leveling system with WoD (unless you count heirlooms), because of the stat squish and all of that.
    The current speed reminds me of leveling up my characters back in Cataclysm. Not too slow at all, I'd say it's just right.