Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    1.) I do not have the player nameplate either. It can be en/disabled in the default Blizzard interface settings under names.
    2.) There are two cvars that allow you to do this without any additional settings: nameplateSelectedAlpha and nameplateSelectedScale. Not sure if that is what you want. Would be really wierd to not highlight the unit you have targeted.

There is one thing though. You might want to wait for WoW 8.0 to release. It is already in the making and 7.3.5 will not see that much love until the next xpack.

To anyone interested in building wow addons make sure to join the #wowuidev IRC. http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2651
    ok, will join when i get home so i won't derail the thread anymore

I'll setup the main things now anyway, since i'm starting from scratch. Since i won't touch anything major (only frames for the moment) it shouldn't be a major issue later on.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaanm4n View Post
    DUUUUUUUUUUDE IW ANT UR UI.. tell me how to get it its so clean !!! - cmmon i need details !
    https://github.com/obble/iipui

its not finished yet but have at it

Deleted
    I was messing with WAs a lot when Antorus released and changed my spec to Frost. Currently just my alt, but wanted to show off my UI. (in combat w dummy)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tomaay View Post
    I was messing with WAs a lot when Antorus released and changed my spec to Frost. Currently just my alt, but wanted to show off my UI. (in combat w dummy)

I really like your unit frames and organization of critical information, and the font consistency is great. Personally, the middle section is a bit too busy and it bothers me that the RP bar isnt the same height as the unit frames haha. Otherwise very great!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tomaay View Post
    Really nice, I like the semi-transparent frames, are they WAs?
    Could probably do away with the buff frames entirely as all the main procs/CDs are tracked in the centre.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by browed View Post
    Really nice, I like the semi-transparent frames, are they WAs?
    Could probably do away with the buff frames entirely as all the main procs/CDs are tracked in the centre.
    Thanks!
    All of the the frames are ElvUI, tbh could have been done better with WA, but I was OK with the look.
    About the buff frames, yeah.. I was lazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bjordin View Post
    I really like your unit frames and organization of critical information, and the font consistency is great. Personally, the middle section is a bit too busy and it bothers me that the RP bar isnt the same height as the unit frames haha. Otherwise very great!
    Thanks for the feedback!

I used cleaner looking UI's before, but I realized that this "In-your-face" setup helps my performance more. The middle section only shows in combat and/or if a target is selected, otherwise everyting is fully hidden.

Interestingly the RP bar thing didn't bother me, I felt that either the frames would seem too thin or the bar too thick.

7+ Year Old Account
    Brainstorming in WA/ElvUI. Came up with this. I quite like it. Might name it CleanSlateV2...

https://imgur.com/a/dT2lU
    I think everybody's nuts.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iAardvark View Post
    Brainstorming in WA/ElvUI. Came up with this. I quite like it. Might name it CleanSlateV2...

I like the bar but I'm really not a big fan of giant unit frames

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bjordin View Post
    I like the bar but I'm really not a big fan of giant unit frames
    Fair enough! I'm kind of stuck with them, though... I've made them from scratch and it's hard for me to get rid of them, LOL.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you like them then keep using them!

I'd prefer to see the map & target swap positions, but that's just me.

Been using this for a few months now, basically mostly the same UI I've run for a year or so with some tweaks here and there

OOC:

Combat:

Setup:

Couple little hidden things you wouldn't notice here and there, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Astrocrunch View Post
    yea thought the same immediately^^

Quote Originally Posted by Solence View Post
    yea thought the same immediately^^
    Agreed it would bug the hell out of me with that map not in the middle.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Quote Originally Posted by Hulari View Post
    As always when you start some new characters you have to strip everything down and go again.

Started this one this morning but there's still loads to do. I haven't seen a party frame or debuff yet!

Still the typical layout from myself though.

How did you remove the backdrop of the datapanel under the minimap? Can't figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Nameplates can have any shape. They are regular unitIDs now. https://imgpile.com/i/nrkMpN
    There are a ton of nameplate cvars to adjust nameplate settings like visible range/alpha and so on: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=55998
    Nameplates are still tied to a Blizzard nameplate base frame. Not sure if you can/want to repoint them somewhere else. There is a callback function that you have access to once a nameplate changes. It allows you to restyle the nameplate based on unit if needed.
    Nameplates being normal unitframes you can use regular oUF modules/elements on nameplates like on any other unit.
    How hard would it be to remake the current RealUI UnitFrames with oUF? There's an old MoP version, but I prefer the new one.
    Last edited by Jngizu; 2018-02-07 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Medestruit View Post
    Been using this for a few months now, basically mostly the same UI I've run for a year or so with some tweaks here and there

OOC:

Combat:

Setup:

Couple little hidden things you wouldn't notice here and there, etc
    Very nice! Love the look. WOuld you be interested in providing an addon list? Also are you using a fixed personal nameplate in order to have the aura bars and junk?

Quote Originally Posted by digitallyatomic View Post
    Very nice! Love the look. WOuld you be interested in providing an addon list? Also are you using a fixed personal nameplate in order to have the aura bars and junk?
    Mostly all just WA and ElvUI. The player unitframe as well as target unitframe are WA's. I have a WA set for every class/spec I play that has 6 abilities, then the health bar/cast bar is a WA by itself, and then a WA for every class/spec for their respective power. Each power bar looks slightly different depending on what I actually need to see. Then the cooldown list is just a WA also that has various ability and item cooldowns in a dynamic group.

For instance, my newest toon is the monk I just boosted with my pre-order boost. So I've been setting her up, and the power bar setup for that WA is different than the one my DH uses(since on my DH I just need the fury number and it changes color depending on how close to capping I am, same goes for my vengeance one except that has a counter for my soul fragments also). Monk, on the other hand, has a chi bar, an enerygy bar and a hit counter/last attack icon for tracking the hit combo talent.

DK has runes+runic power(+boneshield tracker for blood), shaman has maelstrom and trackers for things(both ele and enhancement), pally has holy power+judgement tracker for ret, etc. I guess I could(and probably should) just combine my WA's a bit into suites for every class/spec, but I'm ridiculous...as you can tell from my WA list.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astrocrunch View Post
    Yeah, I did that as the first thing; but then everything is off when a target isn't selected.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Medestruit View Post
    Mostly all just WA and ElvUI. The player unitframe as well as target unitframe are WA's. I have a WA set for every class/spec I play that has 6 abilities, then the health bar/cast bar is a WA by itself, and then a WA for every class/spec for their respective power. Each power bar looks slightly different depending on what I actually need to see. Then the cooldown list is just a WA also that has various ability and item cooldowns in a dynamic group.

For instance, my newest toon is the monk I just boosted with my pre-order boost. So I've been setting her up, and the power bar setup for that WA is different than the one my DH uses(since on my DH I just need the fury number and it changes color depending on how close to capping I am, same goes for my vengeance one except that has a counter for my soul fragments also). Monk, on the other hand, has a chi bar, an enerygy bar and a hit counter/last attack icon for tracking the hit combo talent.

DK has runes+runic power(+boneshield tracker for blood), shaman has maelstrom and trackers for things(both ele and enhancement), pally has holy power+judgement tracker for ret, etc. I guess I could(and probably should) just combine my WA's a bit into suites for every class/spec, but I'm ridiculous...as you can tell from my WA list.
    I'd be interested to see your take on a healer-setup. I really like your DPS setups.

I have to say i love all the ui's!!! so mutch insperation to creating my own keep up the work

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    [...] If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Yeah, I did that as the first thing; but then everything is off when a target isn't selected.
    You can set your Player Frame to hide out of combat and you won't have an unbalanced look when you don't have a target.