Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Staysafe View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not sh*t talking Vanilla WoW's gameplay because I love it, but Vanilla WoW is much less about gameplay and more about the immersion. The community, engaging in the world, you really feel like you're in an entirely different reality. Classic can release any day now
    Tell me how great the community is when you combine old WoW mechanics with new world trolling!

I'm excited for how big and alive the world feels as of 7.3.5 and the implementation of Allied races, + of course the fact that Live has 14 years worth of world for players to be in. Massive doesn't even begin to describe all that ground!

As for Classic, I look forward to seeing the old zones and playing through the old storylines of pre-Cata zones, but being slow ain't gonna be part of that fun. Being slow or fast is merely a matter of getting from point A to B in x amount of time. The content one delves into doesn't change.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I'm excited for how big and alive the world feels as of 7.3.5 and the implementation of Allied races, + of course the fact that Live has 14 years worth of world for players to be in. Massive doesn't even begin to describe all that ground!

As for Classic, I look forward to seeing the old zones and playing through the old storylines of pre-Cata zones, but being slow ain't gonna be part of that fun. Being slow or fast is merely a matter of getting from point A to B in x amount of time. The content one delves into doesn't change.
    You'd think so, thinking rationally about it.

But humans aren't rational. The world feels very different when you move through it slowly. It's a game design trick that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Demands? Bitch you mean the inevitability that Blizzard will go through and make Classic as profitable as possible while still trying to adhere as closely as possible to the "core gameplay and design".

You're never going to get what you want and it's funny you think it's the other players that are the problem and not Blizzard themselves, when if you followed them as a company for any measure of time after your vaunted Vanilla came to a close, you'd realize they are scum on earth.

- - - Updated - - -

Essence of Undeath farming got me close to 45g an hour back when nobody figured out that Paladins could solo things really well in the plaguelands.

Was a nice honey hole for the materials for the damn epic mount.

- - - Updated - - -

Shhhhh, with that kind of logic it completely ruins the arguments of no flying, why legendaries are good for the game and why leveling must feel 'rewarding'. Wouldn't want to shatter their dopamine addiction while they are getting a nice hit of that good ol' nostalgiacrack.
    Look. I get what you are trying to say, but there are many more ways to say it than "dopamine addiction". All that means is that people seek pleasure or joy from the things they do. Why is that wrong? People go to concerts, eat good food, parties, etc for "dopamine". I know you just came out of your psych 101 class, but try to expand your vocabulary a bit. Every single thread you post in you use that exact phrase and it means nothing.

I'm really curious how it will feel. I clearly remember all the running around in Elwynn Forest, and how grand everything seemed at the time. But only on my first toon. Once I went to level an alt, it felt very drawn out and slow. So, after all these years, I wonder if it will actually seem grand again....or not. Either way, I'm really looking forward to trying it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Sounds like retail is for you.
    I remember feeling really annoyed from levels 40 - 43/44 on my first character because I couldn't afford a mount and walking was still pretty slow. Made getting one feel pretty good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymoo View Post
    I’m sorry I just don’t buy this. You can literally do all of this now in live if you so choose but you don’t.
    That's because very few other people are, since no one actually needs to.

But now, drop into a world where mostly everyone is hoofing it. Everyone's in the same mindset, experiencing the world fluidly, step-by-step, transition by transition, only able to zip away once an hour, instead of constantly popping in and out of it like the world's a backdrop.

A lot of emergent things happen. It's like you've got this -- what shall I call it -- massively multiplayer game.

Quote Originally Posted by fotmyo View Post
    it wasnt

/10char
    Patch 1.3.0 (07-Mar-2005): Meeting Stones added.

Didn't really work as a summon till BC though.
    Last edited by SoulForge; 2018-02-11 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Patch 1.3.0 (07-Mar-2005): Meeting Stones added.

Didn't really work as a summon till BC though.
    Before TBC one could only click on the stone to be put on a queue for the instance. If someone else clicked it, you'd be grouped together.

Kinda reduntant since every zone already had General and LFG chats.

It is somewhat ironic that with the massive amount of portals in New Dalaran and epic flying mounts the world feels smaller than it did in vanilla. It's just a shame that there aren't fascinating things to find hidden away, as those were all found the first time.

If that's one thing I'd like them to change more than anything now that I think about it it'd be adding more really hard to reach easter egg locations like the blocked off Hyjal in the filler mountains. Not telling us about any of them, but leaving us just a little something extra to bump into.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Isn’t the illusion shattered though? You know small those zones are now.
    But that's the point : it's not an "illusion", it's all about going back to the initial mobility that they were tailored for. The world in WoW has felt smaller because we gained extreme mobility, not because the "illusion" shattered.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m sorry I just don’t buy this. You can literally do all of this now in live if you so choose but you don’t.
    That's a pretty weak argument, the same kind of "leveling can be challenging if you keep your character naked and only use half the abilities and play with one hand". The POINT is that the game's constraints limit you, the game is big because you have NO CHOICE about making it smaller.

Deleted
    Holy hell.

This thread is just filled to the brim with salty fucks isnt it.

Waaaaaah the game changed and its not to my liking.

Waaaah everyone who doesnt think like me is a whiny little bitch(this one cracks me up for obvious reasons)

Get over yourself ffs. Grow up lol

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Who said that I can't? I'm saying that the game wasn't better back then in my opinion. I am not saying that I didn't like Vanilla. I liked Vanilla but I wouldn't go back to play it. You are in delusion if you think that only those who will worship The One True Pure Vanilla will come to Classic Forums. I'm coming to the forums because I don't want 1:1 Vanilla.
    His point stands. The entire point of Classic is to bring back Vanilla. You just said you wouldn't go back playing Vanilla. So basically you're not interested in Classic.
    So WTF are you here if not to ruin Vanilla for others ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    You can't blame it all on Blizzard when you see the cancer of retailers flooding all the forums begging for retarded qol changes that fuck up and the entire idea of having vanilla. Its the cancer that led retail into its current state, the mass of vocal special needs entitled babies combined with Blizzard's decision to give in to them and turn
    retail wow into a complete turd over the years.
    "Then wtf are you doing in classic threads when you clearly can't comprehend people can like different things?"

This is so damn rich hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    You'd think so, thinking rationally about it.
    No, that's not even rational. That's just being purposely blind.
    It's obvious that reducing speed means the zones are larger. It means a different perception of these zones. It can be tedious or immersive (or both), but it certainly changes the pacing and the feeling of the game. You don't need to enter irrationality to understand this ^^

7+ Year Old Account
    Isn’t the illusion shattered though? You know small those zones are now.
    Interesting enough, no. After playing on a priv server the world did feel massive again. It felt great with smaller view distance and slower mounts / travel methods.

Also vanilla world is different from post cata, it helps a bit too