Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    It is level 110 takes a lot longer...
    Everyone gets a free level 110 when they purchase Battle for Azeroth. Are you claiming that the 2 mins (being generous) to apply a boost at character creation takes longer then leveling 1-55 in WotLK era? LOL. It is also funny how you think leveling 1-55 and then 55-70 took only 10-11 hours but don't account for time played. You are things to show you are right but forgetting to include them when it would show you are wrong.

If it is fine now why are you even complaining then? That indicate it isn't fine. Seriously LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

It's outdated in the since that something is faster and more rewarding.
    Then there has been no current content in all of Legion because mythic dungeons have always been the fastest way to gear up. Your argument is stupid. Argus is not out dated content.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Repgrinds are horseshit and I’d imagine it’d suck to do that after dishing out $50 just to get a new race skin. I’m all for doing a long quest chain (granted they’re well done) to unlock races but repgrinds.. blegh.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Everyone gets a free level 110 when they purchase Battle for Azeroth. Are you claiming that the 2 mins (being generous) to apply a boost at character creation takes longer then leveling 1-55 in WotLK era? LOL. It is also funny how you think leveling 1-55 and then 55-70 took only 10-11 hours but don't account for time played. You are things to show you are right but forgetting to include them when it would show you are wrong.

If it is fine now why are you even complaining then? That indicate it isn't fine. Seriously LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

Then there has been no current content in all of Legion because mythic dungeons have always been the fastest way to gear up. Your argument is stupid. Argus is not out dated content.
    I love that you cut down 90% of my post...

Just because content is outdated doesn't mean it isn't worth doing but that there something more rewarding... I never said outdated content was no content that your interpretation.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Here is something else that bugs me:

Imagine you're a player who quit a couple months before Argus. Or even a player who quit before Legion. You see BFA is coming out, you hit the WoW website and you read about these allied races and OMG, you can finally play that Void Elf you always wanted in the game. So you read the above paragraphs on the website to learn more.

You read "Embark on a quest to earn their favor and unlock each race" and "Earn the respect". Do either of those two sentences read: hit exalted with a faction you've not started earning rep for yet... oh and btw, you can only earn a certain amount of rep per day.

Or do they suggest the path to playing an allied race is actually a trivial quest chain?
    Please tell us, how the fuck a new player would know what "hit exalted with a faction you've not started earning rep for" means? Do you think someone who doesn't play the game has the slightest inclination what that means? Also, a new player probably doesn't have the sense of entitlement that some of you have. Also, they probably are more willing to accept that "Okay, I'm new to this, that's something I haven't earned yet." Instead of having this "OMG I HAVE TO PLAY THE GAME TO DO THIS?" attitude.

All this goalpost moving to justify personal laziness is what bugs me. Just do the damn quests or get over it. For fuck's sake.

You pay for Legion but you can't do Balance of Power until you have Suramar Questline half done and have some rep, therefor REEEEE MAH MONEI. No. The unlocks make sense, why would the Highmountain Tauren follow you to battle if you havent even completed their questline let alone become Exalted and helped them with a personal questline. Same with the others

- - - Updated - - -

Even funnier is the person thinking that someone who quit before Argus would know Void Elves.... because they didn't exist before Argus questline.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Mythic Dungeons are not the fastest way to gear. Doing Argus content on my 110 boosted priest got me to 910 quickly and LFR and Normal Antorus got me way further. THe only loot I got from 6 Mythic+ was the 970 Weekly Chest piece. So 1 per week isnt too quick even if its 970

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    What/where is "Mission Helper Minion"?
    I didn't know what to call them, but basically the item that gives you a certain type of minion that can be used for Order Hall Missions. Since it is a repeatable quest to get them you can just give up all your Order Hall Resources to gain the Reputation you gain while doing so (standard 75 per turn-in). Only the two NOT from Turalyon counts for Argussian reputation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just because content is outdated doesn't mean it isn't worth doing but that there something more rewarding... I never said outdated content was no content that your interpretation.
    You are incorrectly using the word out dated. Out dated refers to content that is no longer relevant because it is old. It has nothing to do with what content is currently the most rewarding. Again it goes back to my point that you keep inventing new things in order to be correct.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I didn't know what to call them, but basically the item that gives you a certain type of minion that can be used for Order Hall Missions. Since it is a repeatable quest to get them you can just give up all your Order Hall Resources to gain the Reputation you gain while doing so (standard 75 per turn-in). Only the two NOT from Turalyon counts for Argussian reputation.
    Actuallly it is 10 per turn in after the first they may have nerfed it however.

Also i only get rep from the void purged or whatever they are so mac aree ones(not unlocked turalyon yet)

Sooo not really a viable farm for rep

Quote Originally Posted by Kazakov View Post
    Embark on a quest.
    It is a quest. You just chose to interpret it as "Do a single quest and get everything".
    A time gated reputation grind is not a quest.

I'm all for having to work for the right to get access to the Allied Races and earning the appropriate achievement, but the weeks long reputation grind that requires you to simply farm world quests is ridiculous.

You are incorrectly using the word out dated. Out dated refers to content that is no longer relevant because it is old. It has nothing to do with what content is currently the most rewarding. Again it goes back to my point that you keep inventing new things in order to be correct.
    It is kind no longer irrelevant if it's not needed to complete game... Allied race are relevant because blizzard gave them racials rather than just being skins.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Actuallly it is 10 per turn in after the first they may have nerfed it however.

Also i only get rep from the void purged or whatever they are so mac aree ones(not unlocked turalyon yet)

Sooo not really a viable farm for rep
    Always been given me 75 on each turn in.

15+ Year Old Account
    It is kind no longer irrelevant if it's not needed to complete game... Allied race are relevant because blizzard gave them racials rather than just being skins.
    Then Argus content is relevant, and not out dated, because you have to do it for allied races. Again you defeat your argument that you have to do out dated content in order to unlock allied races. You really should just stop at this point.

They are not misleading at all. It doesn't say start creating but start recruiting. You can work on recruiting the four allied races immediately. If you have done the achievements and rep you can start the newer quest line. If you haven't you can start working on those achievements and rep.
    No you can't. You can level your character to 110 and start working through the requirements necessary to unlock the recruitment quests. With Highmountain you can begin working on the requirement on your way from 100 to 110, but you won't get to Exalted until weeks after you reach level cap.

Taking weeks to accomplish something =/= immediately, especially when the actual recruitment quest still needs to be completed after the requirement is met (not really a big deal, the quests are short and sweet...just saying that it still needs to be done).

10+ Year Old Account
    Been giving me 10 for every turn in EXCEPT the firdt

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    No you can't. You can level your character to 110 and start working through the requirements necessary to unlock the recruitment quests. With Highmountain you can begin working on the requirement on your way from 100 to 110, but you won't get to Exalted until weeks after you reach level cap. Taking weeks to accomplish something =/= immediately, especially when the actual recruitment quest still needs to be completed after the requirement is met (not really a big deal, the quests are short and sweet...just saying that it still needs to be done).
    If you are working on the requirements for the embassy quest you are starting to recruit the allied races immediately. You get a 110 boost with purchase and can immediately start working on the rep and achievement requirements. Just because you are not doing the new scenario quest line doesn't mean you are not working on the recruitment.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're incorrect. It's 10 per turn in after the first. I just dumped 150k resources into it for 12 rep per 900 resources. (diplomacy+DMF)

Then Argus content is relevant, and not out dated, because you have to do it for allied races. Again you defeat your argument that you have to do out dated content in order to unlock allied races. You really should just stop at this point.
    You can get rep token's from class halls right which means argus is unnecessary and a waste of time... I regret the time, I've spent there at least. I finished a 12+ though so shit dead for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rilec View Post
    You're incorrect. It's 10 per turn in after the first. I just dumped 150k resources into it for 12 rep per 900 resources. (diplomacy+DMF)
    How do trade resources for reputation?

15+ Year Old Account
    Wondering that aswell, can you explain how to get rep for resources ?
    Not getting rep tokens as a reward in my classhall missions, unlucky?

If you are working on the requirements for the embassy quest you are starting to recruit the allied races immediately. You get a 110 boost with purchase and can immediately start working on the rep and achievement requirements. Just because you are not doing the new scenario quest line doesn't mean you are not working on the recruitment.
    Working through the questlines, I totally agree with you on. The Highmountain zone, Suramar questline, and Argus questline I am 100% on board with saying those are working towards recruitment.

The part I'm saying is not really recruitment is the reputation grind to Exalted that takes weeks no matter what you do (except for maybe Nightborne), all gated behind world quests and/or weekly quests.

If the quest chains were all that were required I'd agree with you completely, but the rep grind requirement is just stupid.

And I know it's splitting hairs a bit, but technically you don't "recruit" the races until you do the scenario questline that officially invites that race to join your faction and ultimately unlocks them as a race. The reputation grind is just a portion of the game mechanic that unlocks the ability for you to do that scenario.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can get rep token's from class halls right which means argus is unnecessary and a waste of time... I regret the time, I've spent there at least. I finished a 12+ though so shit dead for me.

- - - Updated - - -

How do trade resources for reputation?
    Yeah but crazy rng

Honestly i think the biggest issue with the rep grind is how RNG based it is

Catchup items are rare drops from world bosses

A weekly for 2k total sans bonuses

Wq that give 75 per again no bonuses but no gurantee many will spawn(been 4 or 5 total today for argussian reach today on my server)

Missions may not even give you a rep token and the bonus ones CANNOT be for the argus groups

The big issue is argussian reach imo it takes longer then army of the light. They just need to add a rep buff or non rng way to farm amd i bet all the complaints will go away