10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Check your taste first.
    It's perfect.

Steins;Gate and Code Geass are both 10/10. Code Geass is one of the best shows ever made.

I get told that NGE is a solid 6/10 but the movies make it better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Adding onto them: Steins;Gate's time travel helped me understand / enjoy other stories that use that method without explaining.

code geass's first season has the mechas as more of a background rather than foreground, but S2 pushes it about 3x harder.
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    So since we’re talking about shit taste, I still haven’t watched Stein’s Gate, Code Geass, or Evangelion. I don’t really enjoy shows where time travel is a large part of the story (though I did enjoy Erased, his mom’s a boss) and mech heavy shows like Gundam (though I do like shows like Franxx, Re:Creators). Am I right in steering clear of the trash that is those 3 shows?
    It's ok, I hated Evangelion. At least THAT'S not a super unpopular opinion.

Mongrels who haven't even read seacats talking about "taste".
    Disgusting, I'd rather read Gen-OT

Shinji is one of the best written and executed characters of all time, and End of Evangelion is one of the finest pieces of work the medium has to offer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    Shinji is one of the best written and executed characters of all time, and End of Evangelion is one of the finest pieces of work the medium has to offer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks everyone - I will correct my mistakes in life.

Damn I didn't realize it until just now, Chihayafuru manga just turned 10 years old in December.

This Corner of the World

I understand that this was all hand animated, no CGI.

It's a slice of life show during the pre-WWII up to the WWII era, the story is about a girl who is married off in an arranged marriage to someone she barely knows. You'll learn things about that time in Japan, mundane yet interesting things like when the husbands parents catches them kissing and the young couple are so embarrassed.

And then WWII happens. She's from Hiroshima and that is always hanging over the characters heads, she talks about going back to Hiroshima to visit family and by this time you kind of like her so you're anxious that she doesn't.

The art style is a little unusual in that I thought it was about pre-teens but it turns out they're all 20+ years old.

From her vantage point, it's very hard to see why all these bad things are happening, everyone around her is innocent. It's kind of a propaganda piece in that way. There's no context.

I understand that this is a big hit in Japan.

I liked it a lot. 8/10

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Huh CR got Ergo Proxy and Steins;Gate back for US and Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    You can retort with your disgusting loli pictures, but Code Geass is still barely an 8/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finished My Love Story. Hard to love the show when the main girl is bland and spends 24 episodes without developing a personality. While the main guy goes from being a good anti-stereotype to just being annoying. And the side characters are barely existent.

Picked up Takunomi from this season. Half-episodes of girls hanging out drinking beer. That's...it. Like, less substance than Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san, and that's already boring enough. Being half as long doesn't help.

Also, what SpaceX really saw up there
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2018-02-08 at 03:46 AM.

Was not a fan of My Love Story either. It was cute but it got old fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if I brought it up already, but started Lovely Complex - definitely working my way through it SLOWLY, but I am enjoying it. So far, it does seem pretty obvious how things are playing out - hoping there is something to mix it up. Still a long way to go

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    >ignoring my scoring S;G a 10/10
    >ignoring there's no mention of Kurisu in S;G 0 synopsis

I stand by my statements.
    :ausconcern:

What synopsis are you reading though fo' real.

The dark untold story of Steins;Gate that leads with the eccentric mad scientist Okabe, struggling to recover from a failed attempt at rescuing Kurisu. He decides to give up and abandons his lively scientist alter ego, in pursuit to forget the past. When all seems to be normal, he is seemingly pulled back into the past by meeting an acquaintance of Kurisu, who tells him that they have begun testing a device that stores the memory of a human and creates a simulation of them with their characteristics and personalities. Okabe begins testing and finds out that the simulation of Kurisu has brought back anguish and some new unexpected tragedies.

Straight from MAL. Spoiler coz people here haven't watched Steins;Gate and are considering it.

Fate/Cooking is the most enjoyable anime of the season for me. I'm enjoying it more than Prisma Illy and Apocrypha. Perhaps it's because I enjoy these characters having fun together in a slice of life environment as opposed to constantly plotting, killing, and philosophizing about the meaning of life. The art is quite charming. In fact, the show as a whole is more pleasing to look at than Violet Evergarden with it's milky, muddied, lens and bleached out color palette. It also fills a niche in that it explores ships that otherwise would have never happened, such as Taiga x Lancer.

Too bad we'll have to wait until at least 2020 for Ufotable's take on Hollow Atraxia, and that's IF they aren't sidetracked by having to do an adaptation of the Fate route.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2018-02-08 at 06:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xinkir View Post
    Anyway to get to the encrypted version of Crunchyroll? I'm incredibly surprised it's not under HTML by default.

Want to get back to Case Closed.
    If they're not serving up the HTTPS version of the site, then you can't get it.

I tried accessing, but it downgraded me to HTTP anyway - they simply don't have HTTPS everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh. Just marathoned season one of Spice and Wolf in one night. Between that and absolutely loving Toradora, I think I realized I just have a thing for tsunderes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Huh. Just marathoned season one of Spice and Wolf in one night. Between that and absolutely loving Toradora, I think I realized I just have a thing for tsunderes.
    You would love Zero no Tsukaima.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    You would love Zero no Tsukaima.
    Ohh I don't know, Louise is a bit to much Tsun compared to those two.