Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hopes and prayers that Vulpera come to Alliance because that's my main faction. Judging from what people are saying about the quest zones, though, they're going Horde if anything. I'll still play around on one but I'll never main a Horde character so that's disappointing. They're super cute.

The Vulpera will be Horde if anything. They are a faction for the Horde, and you help them deal with the Sethrak (sp?). Alliance will only have access to world quests over there as Horde will only have access to Kul Tiras for world quests as well as far as early reports have stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Said who exactly?

- - - Updated - - -

And if it's the other way around it's fine?
    Given how we've already seen draenor orcs, but no alliance equivalent, then yes it would be fine for the Alliance to have 1 at the same time.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    It seems Blizzard really dont want people to roll the Alliance with the set of the allied races.

The Horde got the best looking Zandalari race and badass Draenor Orcs with Nightborn and Highmountain races having the solid background and pretty cool new skins.

The Alliance got Draenei and dark skinned blood elves with zero backstory, Vulpera race that looks like a lame joke and hopefully the good looking Dark Iron dwarves.

And until some smart ass guy will come and say that Nightborn and Highmountain are just retextured NE and Tauren, i say no - Nightborn looks nothing like NE (unlike VE/BE), and new set of wide branched horns makes the whole big difference between King-Like elegant Highmountain taurens and usual clumsy fat-ass taurens, unlike Draenei/LF Draenei that only different in the eye color and couple new beards.

Blizzard wtf?
    It sounds a lot like you like Horde aesthetics more than Alliance. maybe you should play a Horde character.

As for most people, what they like is pretty much impossible to predict. You can argue the same thing backwards because aesthetics are subjective. The orcs and the highmountain tauren are unimaginative reskins. The Zandalari look dumb. The Voide elves look mystical and cool. I can claim whatever I want. I personally think they are all just so-so.

It seems Blizzard really dont want people to roll the Alliance with the set of the allied races.

The Horde got the best looking Zandalari race and badass Draenor Orcs with Nightborn and Highmountain races having the solid background and pretty cool new skins.

The Alliance got Draenei and dark skinned blood elves with zero backstory, Vulpera race that looks like a lame joke and hopefully the good looking Dark Iron dwarves.

And until some smart ass guy will come and say that Nightborn and Highmountain are just retextured NE and Tauren, i say no - Nightborn looks nothing like NE (unlike VE/BE), and new set of wide branched horns makes the whole big difference between King-Like elegant Highmountain taurens and usual clumsy fat-ass taurens, unlike Draenei/LF Draenei that only different in the eye color and couple new beards.

Blizzard wtf?
    "Horde gets Reskinned Tauren, Reskinned Elves, Reskinned Trolls. Alliance gets Reskinned Elves, Reskinned Draenei and Reskinned Dwarves." How about nah they are all just reskins

Vulpura are Horde most likely as they are quest givers for Zandalar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    I think a lot of o frustration that comes from Horde players is feeling like Blizzard has forgotten the identity of the Horde.

Warcraft 3 is what turned the Horde into a rag-tag group of survivalists all fighting to survive, rather than a war-mongering group hell-bent on domination. However, this changed in Cataclysm when we got stuck with the villain bat. It hurt, even more, having Vol'jin cast aside to be replaced with a Forsaken, which despite being Horde in WoW, was not a Horde race in Warcraft 3.

Horde has zero WC3 heroes left as faces in the game:

Vol'jin Dead.
    Thrall MIA.
    Cairne Dead.

Syvlannas was not a Horde hero at the time of WC3.

Alliance, at the very least, still have Muradin.

Traditionally, Horde core races are Troll, Orc, Tauren, and to a lesser extent dating back to WC1 and 2, Ogre and Goblin.

But the races we see doing the most these days are Blood Elf and Forsaken. That's not to say this is a bad thing because it's not. But traditionally Blood Elves look out for themselves first and really didn't cement into the Horde until MoP (they were going to jump ship). And forsaken have their own agenda they put ahead of the Horde, as seen in Stormheim.

Sometimes it feels like we are just the red alliance.

Furthermore, when you try to add this race:
    -snip
    But then show THIS RACE right after:
    -snip

Of course, people who are more rooted in the traditional WC3 sense of the Horde, of monstrous races uniting together to survive are going to take a look at savage snake-man versus cute fox, and get pissed at the idea of getting cute fox. Even if the Vulpera is the most savage race in the game, simply by aesthetics alone, Sethrek are Horde. All day. Everyday. They fit the bill instantly, whereas Vulpera does not.

But again, Horde aesthetics have changed, and we feel more like red alliance more often than not.
    agree. Id rather have snakeybois join the horde, than cute vulpera. But, thats not the case. It seems pretty clear what is going to happen. Snakeybois are joining the Alliance, since the horde are going be killing them. I figure the lore of them as being Trolls that devoted themselves to whomever that snake loa is, and then transformed into these things, but the loa isnt liked by the zandalari, so they are now fighting each other. So, not only do they get werewolves, they will get snakes. At least that is what I can see, to compete with the vulpera going to the horde.

While I dont mind the vulpera, snakes would feel alot more awsome and brutal. But, if the alliance gets snakes, i want naga.

Subjective, Personally, I think Void elves are the better of the allied races, including the Zandalari Trolls and Dark Iron dwarves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    Alliance, at the very least, still have Muradin.
    Except, if you pay attention to the Story line and Quest text. Muradin speaks for Azeroth now. He's as Neutral as Thrall, Khadgar, or Tirion are/were. Thrall maybe "MIA" but he's a relevant to the Horde, as Muradin is to the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Why are you acting like Horde and Alliance matter?

The players got a whole host of new Allied Races, that we can all play.

For too long peoples petty faction shite has made this game a constant series of back and forths rather than a consistent story, who cares if Alliance wins X more conflicts, who cares if Horde gets some cool visuals, its all one game.
    Because, My character is Horde. My main is Horde. My friends that raid are Horde. I cannot be a Draenai Paladin, or Lightforged for that matter, and still raid with my Horde friends, now can i?

And the fact that Blizzard still wants to cram the Alliance vs the Horde still down our food holes, and for some reason, always make the Horde look like the bad guys... from a certain point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by SinAscendant View Post
    Here, since you're clearly not capable, look at these two in the dressing room right next to each other.

http://www.wowhead.com/dressing-room...M0V9cM7uRRJ87k

http://www.wowhead.com/dressing-room...M0V9cM7uRRJ87k

All they did was slim the Nightborne down by about 10%, and they have up-pointing ears instead of down.

If you look at skin color 3 on Nightborne and 2 on Nelf it's easier to see.
    People who have a problem with nightborne are amusing, what did you expect? THe same problems with night elves exist there. If you didn't like the night elf, you won't like the nightborne. If you liked the night elves you would like the nightborne. I liked the night elves, and thus I love the nightborne.

However, it's not to say there aren't problems with them, it's just amusing to see how much attention their flaws are getting, when those flaws and ugliness has always been with the night elves, but they didn't care back then. They were happy for the alliance night elves to look crappy and unresolved and felt it was their right to have elves that weren't on par with the then only horde elves.

Interesting how the tables are turned. People who had issues with blood elves will have issues with void elves. Saying void elves are better cos they have many more customisable options.. i just laughed, they have the same customisable option range as blood elves (in fact a little less) nightborne had the more limited customization night elves have. This has never been a good thing ofc. But it only matters now because you're horde? Night elves suffer the same problem. I posted extensivelky in the 6.0 night elf model thread with some other fans. And all the issues with nightborne now, were brought up there with the night elves, fell on deaf ears, where were all of you then? Maybe if you had been less biased and wanted to see good quality in all the races, and not just that of your fan boy faction, you wouldn't be having this problem now.

As for me, I'm like.. cool wahtever, I came to terms with the night elf model, then, and the variation of it I get in the nightborne is quite appealing to me. I'd love it to have more options and improved ofc, but I made my peace with it long time ago.

Some people say alliance got it better, some say horde, I say they're both even.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    The only cool race that the Horde get is the Zandalari. Nightborne turned out to be buggy cheap copies of Night Elves and Highmountain customization is extremely limited.

On the Alliance side, Void Elves get a ton of customization options and Lightforged Draenei get a very strong DPS racial.

I would say Alliance is getting the better deal so far.
    Interesting how the tables are turned. People who had issues with blood elves will have issues with void elves. Saying void elves are better cos they have many more customisable options.. i just laughed, they have the same customisable option range as blood elves (in fact a little less) nightborne had the more limited customization night elves have. This has never been a good thing ofc. But it only matters now because you're horde? Night elves suffer the same problem. I posted extensivelky in the 6.0 night elf model thread with some other fans. And all the issues with nightborne now, were brought up there with the night elves, fell on deaf ears, where were all of you then? Maybe if you had been less biased and wanted to see good quality in all the races, and not just that of your fan boy faction, you wouldn't be having this problem now.

As for me, I'm like.. cool wahtever, I came to terms with the night elf model, then, and the variation of it I get in the nightborne is quite appealing to me. I'd love it to have more options and improved ofc, but I made my peace with it long time ago.

Some people say alliance got it better, some say horde, I say they're both even.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Where's your source on this because all I see is Alliance crybabies begging Blizzard for it even though the Vulpera are a race that is working with the HORDE in BfA. It would make absolutely no sense for them to join the Alliance. It would be like the Horde getting Broken or Eradar or the Blood Elves going to Alliance.
    Also, the horde tends to act like the spoiled brats of Blizzard, might as well give them a really childish looking race(I'm equal part Horde and Alliance)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Because, My character is Horde. My main is Horde. My friends that raid are Horde. I cannot be a Draenai Paladin, or Lightforged for that matter, and still raid with my Horde friends, now can i?

And the fact that Blizzard still wants to cram the Alliance vs the Horde still down our food holes, and for some reason, always make the Horde look like the bad guys... from a certain point of view.
    Well, the Horde, demonic influence or not, tend to be the most morally ambiguous, and are also the original bad guys from the RTS games

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    If you didn't like the night elf, you won't like the nightborne. If you liked the night elves you would like the nightborne. I liked the night elves, and thus I love the nightborne.
    I feel compelled to identify myself as being outside of this dichotomy you've presented. I almost exclusively play Night Elves (whose backstories are "soft RP'd" as almost always being either favorable towards, or even members of, the Highborne NE's), and yet I don't think there is much anybody could do or say to convince me to play a Nightborne.

As I see it, they don't actually exude the awe-inspiring grandeur that the various books (especially Warcraft Chronicles) on the period detail. Instead, they present as shallow and imitative.

On the other end of things, I almost never play Blood Elves if there is another option and yet find myself drawn to Void Elves like a moth to flame. Though, admittedly, this is likely because I'm an Alliance-biased POS... still.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    Also, the horde tends to act like the spoiled brats of Blizzard, might as well give them a really childish looking race(I'm equal part Horde and Alliance)
    If anything the Horde players are sick and tired of the Horde or Horde-type races being depicted as the "evil" ones and expansions being based entirely on helping Alliance-type races. And they should feel this way. Other than the end of MOP when the Alliance helped Darkspear overthrow Garrosh, every expansion has focused around Alliance or Alliance-neutral races in need of our assistance. The freakin Horde helps Tyrande and Malfurion who are Alliance faction leaders while we are in Val'sharah!

If anything the Horde players are sick and tired of the Horde or Horde-type races being depicted as the "evil" ones and expansions being based entirely on helping Alliance-type races. And they should feel this way. Other than the end of MOP when the Alliance helped Darkspear overthrow Garrosh, every expansion has focused around Alliance or Alliance-neutral races in need of our assistance. The freakin Horde helps Tyrande and Malfurion who are Alliance faction leaders while we are in Val'sharah!
    WoD, your argument is now invalid

15+ Year Old Account
    WoD, your argument is now invalid
    So ONE leader who was we grouped up with to kill makes the rest of what I said invalid? How convenient. How about the Alliance murdering the goblins in Silithus just because they mining some unknown ore and the Alliance wants them? Sounds pretty damn evil to me.

- - - Updated - - -

And how does WOD prove that the Horde is evil? You're fighting bad orcs while helping...wait for it...an Alliance-neutral person (Khadgar)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and let's not forget how WOD is an alternate timeline too so YOUR point is invalid.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and both the Horde and Alliance are fighting the Iron Horde which is an alternate reality group of orcs while helping...wait for it...the Alliance.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Blizzard wtf?
    There will be 6 more allied races after Zandalari and Dark Iron Dwarves:

Horde gets:
    -Draenor Orcs
    -Vulpera
    -and (Hopefully Ogres at last. But that is just a hope from me). Sadly might get another Undead type allied race though.

Alliance gets:
    -Mechagnomes
    -Kul'tiran Human
    -Last one is really unknown. (Wishing for Naga though).

- - - Updated - - -

So ONE leader who was we grouped up with to kill makes the rest of what I said invalid? How convenient. How about the Alliance murdering the goblins in Silithus just because they mining some unknown ore and the Alliance wants them? Sounds pretty damn evil to me.

- - - Updated - - -

And how does WOD prove that the Horde is evil? You're fighting bad orcs while helping...wait for it...an Alliance-neutral person (Khadgar)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and let's not forget how WOD is an alternate timeline too so YOUR point is invalid.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and both the Horde and Alliance are fighting the Iron Horde which is an alternate reality group of orcs while helping...wait for it...the Alliance.
    Indeed, but haven't alliance always been the evil ones? x)

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

first of all nothing about mining goblins is anything other than violent, WoD doesn't prove Horde is evil, it proves we've had some pretty heavy focus on the Horde as of late, and the alternate timeline thing doesn't matter, there was focus on the Horde, the Iron Horde especially, but still the Horde, unless you've seen Llane Wrynn somewhere around Draenor

Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    Guys they are flagged as horde in the charraces database. If you look at the column 9 there are 2 possible values, one for horde races and one for alliance races. They have the horde value.
    Blizzard shot this nonsense down. Why are we discussing it? A Blue already confirmed that - at it currently stands - there are no plans to add them.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Blizzard shot this nonsense down. Why are we discussing it? A Blue already confirmed that - at it currently stands - there are no plans to add them.
    In Ogres We Trust! I hope horde gets ogres soon...

anyway, well, blizzard always wants to trick us... saying it is not going to happen, then suddenly one day; "NEW ALLIED RACE: WELCOME THE VULPERA!".

15+ Year Old Account
    first of all nothing about mining goblins is anything other than violent, WoD doesn't prove Horde is evil, it proves we've had some pretty heavy focus on the Horde as of late, and the alternate timeline thing doesn't matter, there was focus on the Horde, the Iron Horde especially, but still the Horde, unless you've seen Llane Wrynn somewhere around Draenor
    Mining goblins looking for treasure is VIOLENT???? What drugs are you taking? WOD was about an alternate reality/timeline where everyone is trying to kill the Iron Horde (you know the whole Horde = evil thing). Every other expansion has been Alliance centered where the Alliance are shown to be the "good guy" while the Horde is the "bad guy" or it has been that we (both Horde and Alliance) must help Alliance races to bring down some evil threatening to destroy the world. Seriously have you not played Legion at all? How much Horde representation is there compared to the Alliance representation? Again I point you to Tyrande and Malfurion who are Alliance faction leaders while we are in Val'sharah that BOTH factions help out. Why would a Horde member want to help out two Night Elves in the first place? Doesn't matter because you are forced to do so in Legion.

Class hall leaders kind of went neural to fight the Burning Legion behind Khadgar's efforts after the Horde and Alliance failed at the Broken Shores. The only place there was any real Alliance vs Horde story was Stormhelm between the Forsaken and the Worgen. All other areas were us going after parts to close the damned Fel Portal in the Tomb of Sargaras, and end the Invasion (than Illidan opened up a even larger portal that brought Argus to us....but that worked out....sort of). The Night Elves don't trust the Horde (Tyrande even told my Forsaken Death Knight that to his face) but if the Nightmare wins or the Burning Legion wins....the war between the Alliance and Horde won't matter, as Azeroth will be destroyed along with everyone in the Alliance and Horde.

Our war is about control of the planet. Our control doesn't matter if greater force are trying to burn the planet to ash or corrupt it all into madness or void. But when those aren't a threat, we still try to see who will control the world. This happens in reality as well, its just that over time, we've decided to mostly not openly kill each other for it, because our wars threated to burn the planet to ash or unleash madness and death across the entire planet, making who wins the war irrelevant...as no one will be left to control it.