Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Heard good things about it. I enjoy the lead actor as well, he was fantastic in the The Killing.

Will check it out while I'm traveling later this month
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

10+ Year Old Account
    Bit disappointed at the very end of the season... thought it was love that kept the character going.

I enjoyed it, watched the first 8 episodes in a day, then finished it last night. I liked it a lot.

I wish they expanded the universe more and shown more details as to how much civilization has spread, and more about the Elders.

Or maybe it's just me craving for a space opera.

Deleted
    It is mind opening with everything going on and as i remember they toned quite a few things down. Yet still got it going great. Should hav had a few more "sleeve jumping" then that so we could really see if the main guy could spot the diffent personas and such, But hey that might be in season 2 who knows?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by imabanana View Post
    Sadly it all goes downwards after this episode. I really enjoyed the first half of the show, but the second one is average... at best.
    The action scene in Episode 5 was great as well. Going to keep going, hopefully its not bad.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    Heard good things about it. I enjoy the lead actor as well, he was fantastic in the The Killing.
    I'm always weirded out seeing Joel Kinnaman in anything. I keep on expecting him to say "Slow Your Roll" or any other Vegan Wigger crap from The Killing. Not that he was bad in that, I'm just having some trouble disassociating him from that role.

Anytime I see Joel Kinnaman I'm gonna think of "THIS IS KATANA, I SUGGEST YOU DO NOT LET HER KILL YOU, HER BLADE TRAPS THE SOULS OF ITS VICTIMS"

I thoroughly enjoyed it and was interested enough to binge watch it in 1 day.
    AddOns: Tim @ WoWInterface
    Battle Tag: Mysterio#11164
    Current PC Setup: PCPartPicker List

Sounds like something I'd be interested in.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Sounds like something I'd be interested in.
    Made it to episode 6 last night and so far it's a very interesting and entertaining show. So far the show has way for pros than cons by episode 6.

Hope to finish it out by the end of the week. It's been well worth the watch so far.

Deleted
    Well, how in general the most expensive Netflix series?

I enjoyed the series. I liked that it didn't pull punches on certain things, IE the protag isn't in time to save people on occasion, he doesn't let sentimentality get in the way of what he needs to do at the end, etc.

I think a 2nd season to expand on the Elders, and the purpose of the trees, etc, should be well worth it. The question to me is if Joel Kinnaman will be the lead next year or if he'll re-sleeve to something else.

Oh, and the Latina is hot as hell. Jesu Christo.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The question to me is if Joel Kinnaman will be the lead next year or if he'll re-sleeve to something else.
    Joel Kinnaman implied he might not be back as Kovacs although I could see him coming back as Riker.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I enjoyed the series. I liked that it didn't pull punches on certain things, IE the protag isn't in time to save people on occasion, he doesn't let sentimentality get in the way of what he needs to do at the end, etc.

I think a 2nd season to expand on the Elders, and the purpose of the trees, etc, should be well worth it. The question to me is if Joel Kinnaman will be the lead next year or if he'll re-sleeve to something else.

Oh, and the Latina is hot as hell. Jesu Christo.
    Lol she is indeed.

As for the protagonist, i liked the actor that played his asian version...i think he would do well as the main actor.

It was a good binge. Is there extra material to warrant a 2nd season? I'd like to watch more of this universe but the story felt very complete IMO.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Well, yeah, Takeshi has to search for his beau. And they have to actually achieve their revolution. Etc.

Struggled to get through the first episode. Pacing was terrible, acting was mediocre, and I really had no reason to care for any of the characters. Think, I'm passing on the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Struggled to get through the first episode. Pacing was terrible, acting was mediocre, and I really had no reason to care for any of the characters. Think, I'm passing on the rest.
    You absolutely should not watch it with that attitude. You can immediately rate the pacing, acting, and you must, MUST immediately care for the characters, in the first episode of a SERIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    So after finishing the series, they made some... interesting changes from the book. Actually though, while some are pretty huge, none that actively take away from the book. I am assuming they were done to create a more emotional climax and to set up future seasons. All in all, very good. Kept the details of the case the same while just changing some of the players.

Actually, there was one that bugged me. I could have sworn the double sleeved assassin's second sleeve was female. Seems like a bit of a pointless change as well since it removed some of the more interesting things about that character.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Nah, if the first episode sucks I'm out, the first and last episodes of a series should be the best ones
    The first episode also known as the pilot should be created to pull you into the story so you want to watch more and learn about the story/characters

Doesnt need to be the best. Often that comes later on once you know the characters and are attached to them and the story and all the world building is established and they can really run with the themes of the show