Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    And the Alliance should return the favour by destroying the Arcandor. Oh wait that'd be too 'mean' despite being a tactically sound way to remove Suramar from the conflict outright and get some vengeance for their betrayal of the Kal'dorei.
    Aside from the possibility that Arcan'dor fruits were already distributed to the population already, why would its destruction remove Suramar from the conflict? They can sustain themselves on the Sunwell now. And what betrayal? You need to have some at least semi-official ties to have the capacity to betray someone. There are none between Nightborne and Night Elves.

No HOrde favouritism over here. Nop, not at all
    *An Alliance character falls for a bluff* "Ermahgerd HORDE BIAS COVFEFE". Because it's such a preposterous thing to have happened. Never happened to Horde characters either. You're falling to KrazyK's level lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    I love how people are opting to ignore the fact that Tyrande does not actually care for the Shal'dorei.

Tyrande doesn't care for anyone if you aren't currently Night Elves, Highborne, or willing to drop your entire culture and call yourself a lesser Night Elf.

The Night Elves aren't as open and loving as they make themselves out to be. They're assholes, through and through. They just found a way on how to hide it to the public view of them.

And it's working.

And this is why I love them. They're increadibly racist, but everyone thinks they're actually as nice as Canadians are. They are the kind of people who'll sweep in, let the race they're claiming to be saving die in the droves instead of their own military capable people dying in the minor casulties, and then calling it a good job, saying "Nice job everyone. Btw, Shal'dorei, we're killing your mana source, good luck with your recovery. Join us if you want, and we'll destroy the rest of your culture and identity too."
    They helped Azshara rise to power and then hid under the bubble when the legion came instead of fighting. Tyrande has justified anger towards them because they betrayed them in wota, then when they emerge again (after not fighting in the third war) they immediately give the city to the legion. Tyrande just asked how we could trust her to not turn into what their last two leaders did (Azshara and Elissande), then Thalyssra, being written as super petty now, decides to go to war with the night elves who helped take back Suramar and a night elf druid who actually helped cure their sickness over that. It really ruined Thalyssra's character, I thought it was going to be something much more than that to get them to join the horde.

The night elves aren't racist, they do have history with other races though and they hold grudges. I mean even in WC3 Tyrande help out the high/blood elves and they had bad blood between them as well, just as she helped out the nightborne despite the bad blood between them. But I know none of this will change your opinion, but that's just how it goes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    I guess all the lookouts are asleep at this time, they only shove a few guards into the prison. Also why they would build a secret entrance in the park anyway, it was just rebuilt like two years ago. There is just no struggle in this story, everything is too mary sueish.
    Not even lookouts just patriotic citizens. It is the tomb of their leader.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    Join us if you want, and we'll destroy the rest of your culture and identity too."
    Becasue Sylv demanding obedience and 4 "For the Horde" every day is the Nightborne culture and identity?

Tyrande did nothing wrong
    Yeah, comparing your potential ally to their race's Hitler and your race's Hitler when you first meet them is diplomacy 101.

Druidic magic, druidic life, all from the Night Elves, Ya it was a betrayal.
    1. Arcan'dor is older than Druids. It is creation of pre-Druid Keepers. 2. What magic was used for Arcan'dor has no bearing on whether or not there was betrayal, for it to be a betrayal the two factions would have needed to have some relationship of allegiance, faith or confidence. None of these apply. 3. Farodin has no link to Darnassus whatsoever. Even if he was a Druid, which he is not, Darnassus doesn't have monopoly on Druidism. Nor do the Night Elves of Darnassus do get the credit for the deeds of unaffiliated Night Elves.

All of these has been already mentioned to you. So stop spreading abject horseshit because you're salty about not getting more Night Elves. I know macemoon stopped filling this niche but there was no reason fot you to replace them in it.

False.
    Learn what the word "false" actually means before you start throwing it around and make a fool out of yourself. Nothing in this quote has any bearing whatsoever on what her goals for going to Suramar were at the start. Her being hopeful for the Nightborne does not exclude the possibility of her going to Suramar because of Elisande (or because of the Pillar of Creation in there) as @Blamblam41 claimed.

Thalyssra claimed Tyrande's scepticism of Thalyssra as a leader considering the lineage from Azshara, to Elisande and now Thalyssra, was well founded, and she asked for assurances. Apparently that's an insult. It's okay, Tyrande was right. Thalyssra decided to go kill the very people who saved her.
    Thalyssra was against the both of them. She attempted a coup against Elisande that nearly cost her her life before Darnassian Night Elves bothered to even look in Broken Isles' general direction. She was leading an insurrection against her before Tyrande even arrived in Suramar. Comparing her to Elisande under those circumstances is an insult. And Tyrande has the same lineage from Azshara Thalyssra does. Something tells me she wouldn't take such a comparison particularly well.

Also, Nightborne join the Horde before the war starts. Alliance starts the war as per usual in WoW (at least as current information indicates). Alliance, Night Elves included, starting a fight against Nightborne's new faction is not something you get to blame the Nightborne for. Even if the Horde started it, it'd be a far cry from Azshara's and Elisande's behavior, so even your claim of Tyrande being right is pure nonsense.

Ah there it is, more using 'xenophobia' without knowing what that word even means.
    Your own fucking explanation of Tyrande's remarks above is still xenophobic. Unless you think it's not prejudiced to project a group's worst individuals onto anyone, even those rebelling against them, because of shared "lineage". In which case, just lel.

no, LiaRdrin is a manipulator and a liar, she started slandering the Night Elves as 'hiding in trees' then pretended her race of criminals and scum actually saved the world. Thalyssra didn't like austerity. She didn't like someone questioning her platitudes about responsibility and seeing to it that the Nightborne are seen as 'protectors not conquerors'. she's just as much of a fucking liar as Liadrin cause the first thing she does is join the aggressive fucking Horde in their war to conquer the Alliance. Because we know how well they treat people under their thumb. Need only look at UNdercity or Orgrimmar under Garrosh.
    Nothing Liadrin said was false. It wasn't the whole truth, but that doesn't make it false. There were no Night Elves helping to protect the world from demons through the Council of Tirisfal, which was successful at this task for thousands of years. There was no Night Elf presence in Quel'danas, where the previous Legion invasion was successfully repelled. And there was no meaningful Night Elf activity between War of the Satyr and the War of the Shifting Sands. So only what, 8-9k years?

Also, care to support your claims about "aggressive fucking Horde in their war to conquer the Alliance"? Was there an outbreak of hostilities earlier than the Alliance attacking the Horde in Silithus? If so, do say more about it. Also, the Kor'kron presence in Undercity is on Thrall, who is considered the most benevolent Warchief so far.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Looks like everyone in BfA is taking lessons from Mayla Highmountain (Anduin included) and starts spreading their forces too thin.

Keep hiding behind that plot armour, mr. undead. It's not like you'll ever have to worry about a Light-based spaceship with weapons that vapourise crusty corpses into ash ever firing it on say, the hovel in Orgrimmar you get to stink up for the next 3 expansions? Such confidence knowing they are writing the story for you. God forbid your favourite race gets annihilated, you'd just up and quit.
    And the Alliance isn't obliterated by Sunwell-based spellcasting either. Even though they had no counter to it in Cata. So yay for your whining about plot armor not even being consistent. And how about Alliance making a successful naval invasion in the capital zone of the Horde, when you don't land troops right in the seat of power of your enemy because it's suicide. And when Alliance had weaker navy throughout the entirety of WoW.

Also, if the story was written for the Horde, Sylvanas wouldn't just randomly stop participating in the war after 4.0. Garrosh wouldn't turn lol-evil loot pinata. Alliance would actually get punished for starting a world war, because them dumping Azshara to the Horde when the Night Elves considered the zone a cused shithole isn't really a punishment.

This Scenario is so horde biased it hurts.

being irate at the direction people who don't give a fuck about your input take a story isn't a mental breakdown, you jackass, it's called being annoyed as a consumer you're input isn't desired. Your hatred of elves is a massive investment. Why so angry there anyway? Did an elf refuse to be your in game waifu or something?
    There's being annoyed as a consumer and then there's subscribing to conspiracy theories about HORDE BIAS COVFEFE and other bullshit to fuel your annoyance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    I do find it a bit lame that their entire race is cured of their terminal addiction through night elf means and they choose to join the horde. To me it would make sense that both the nightbourne and highmountain tauren have been neutral races similar to Pandaren given they worked quite well with both factions throughout legion.
    Valewalker Farodin has no connection to Darnassus whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Isn't it Saurfang? And the Zandalari princess just got roped in as well? How can Rokhan not know who they are trying to break out? You'd think if Sylv sends 2 racial leaders into SW they would at least know what their mission is.
    Never expect competency from a Darkspear. I stumbled upon this yesterday (I don't watch Archer) and it seems very applicable:

Also, burning SW to the ground to free some POWs. Nice. But Sylv is not evil, right?
    I'll take "what is a bluff" for $200, Alex.

Wow so Thalyssra kills unarmed prisoners what an honorable person.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayto View Post
    This Scenario is so horde biased it hurts.
    Love the salty tears.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Andonais View Post
    Wow so Thalyssra kills unarmed prisoners what an honorable person.
    Stormwind dislikes said 'innocent' prisoners enough to condemn them to rot away in the Stockades.
    The strawgrasping is real.

I just want to mention that Thalyssra fucked it up, she was supposed to leave no witnesses.

Ironic, considering your darling race is run by an elf.
    That'd be ironic if Arrashi was angry about Sylvanas not being in the spotlight all the time.

But really, misread me much? Wrong on all counts. I'm fine with no more elven lore ever again.
    Riiiight. You're the most accepting person of Night Elves being undeveloped, particularly compared to humans, in the entire forum.

I'm also fine with some adversity provided the response isn't 'oh well, let's ignore it and worry about the bigger picture' but rather 'you're right, kill them all, get some fucking vengeance'.
    And the Alliance strikes at Undercity (in completely implausible manner, yet you're not whining about Alliance plot armor there because you're consistent like that), so what the hell are you throwing a fit over?

But alas, that's not very Alliance of a race to want vengeance. I mean Jaina, she's CRAZY right? But The Forsaken, totally a sound group of stable individuals. 'I hate being undead so I'm gona make everyone as miserable as me'. Wonderful depth in that race. Explains your draw to them. Additionally, what you described is basically the Blood Elves.
    Part of the Forsaken story was getting to terms with undeath and finding meaning in it after their quest for vengeance against the Lich King was over. So yeah, if you deliberately ignore certain story elements, no wonder you're going to arrive at the conclusion of no depth.

And undershitty finally getting flushed?
    Throwing kindergarten level insults. At places. Really supporting your earlier claim of having no mental breakdown.

You mean by an actual Night Elven Druid?
    "Night Elves who are part of Alliance". "Night Elves". Spot the difference. Farodin has no ties to Darnassus at all. He isn't even a Druid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I'll take "what is a bluff" for $200, Alex.
    Could be, we'll see.

Withdrawn.

I see them everywhere. They are fun to kill. And so what? Their story might not be 'undead horde' but rather bitter, butthurt, assholes who both loathe being undead but have no qualms dumping their conditions upon other people.
    Aside from strategy games, where do you see playable undead "everywhere"? Also, Forsaken aren't a hivemind and they are able to change their perspective over time. Who'd have thunk. Not that they offer a choice to new undead or anything like that either.

If Nathanos was their leader and doing a better job than Sylvanas, undead would be the least played race in the game.
    Got anything to prove it? Also, even if it was true, it's still meaningless given how Arrashi was replying to a post directed at him personally and not at Forsaken fans in general.

But the status quo isn't broken, the Horde wins, the Alliance loses. That *is* the status quo.
    The Alliance forces Forsaken out of Undercity. Meanwhile it's not even known for sure if Teldrassil burns because of the Horde or some third party. Dat immense Horde victory.

The culture is the same. The culture is the point. If it were up to the Blood Elves, every Nightborne would've withered to death already. The Night Elves offered guidance and austerity. The Blood Elves offered comfort and discarding responsibility. Thalyssra made her choice, she didn't like being held to a moral standard like most Horde races.
    Pretty sure when you form alliances it's the political status that is the point, not culture. Farodin isn't affiliated with Darnassus. His deeds to not reflect on Darnassus. Darnassus gets zero credit for his deeds. You're making an argument for how the Nightborne should have chosen between Farodin, a single individual, and Blood Elves.

And really, the same culture? That's mighty fucking weird, because Farodin was all about combining the Nature and the Arcane equally. The Darnassian Night Elves shunned the Arcane for almost 10k years and only recently opened up to a bunch of Highborne. Very reluctantly. To the point where these Highborne were being killed off. But if you do want to speak of culture, I wonder what's the culturally closest race to Nightborne... So good job shooting yourself in the foot with that.

Also, the Blood Elves may have been unable to cure them, but they'd be able to satiate their need for magic, so do tell me more of this fascinating story of how Nightborne would have withered if relying on the Blood Elves.

Going back to Farodin having no ties to Darnassus, if it was up to Tyrande et all, they'd have withered for sure because unlike the Blood Elves they have no real means to satiate Nightborne's need for magic. And with Arcan'dor being a combination of Nature and Arcane magic, the Night Elves would struggle deeply with the Arcane part and would most likely fuck the Arcan'dor up.

Hell, even if they weren't eternally triggered by or generally unskilled with the Arcane, the Arcan'dor was a result of a specific group whose findings were most likely unknown to other Night Elves. Including Druids, because Farodin isn't a fucking Druid.

And what moral standard? Randomly accusing other people of being the potential next Azshara isn't a moral standard. Blood Elves and Nightborne share almost the same history so Nightborne can use Blood Elves as a model to restructure their society. Nothing the Blood Elves said or did indicates anything about discarding responsibility.

Surely you haven't failed to notice that your city is burning.
    Horde sure is keeping Alliance capitals warm this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    My, why so salty ? Think about all the possibilities for night elves...maybe tyrande will become even more deranged, and start launching night elven crusades to retake kalimdor every year ? That would be funny to see, her and those 3-4 random volunteers standing at gate of orgr, yelling profanities.
    Reminds me of the good ol' days when some players kited Shandris all the way from Feralas to Orgrimmar, where she was strong enough to pass for a world boss.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

That was my favorite part. Thalyssra telling Liadrin how Horde races are allowed to keep their culture and the first thing Slyvanas says to her in Org is "you will do what I say"

Meanwhile in SW the only thing Anduin says to voiud elves and lightforged is to go out have fun help the people.
    And following the orders of your superior prevents you from keeping your culture how, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    Seems like it's super easy to just walk in and burn stormwind to the ground, why doesn't the horde just do that, wtf?
    That's just Rokhan and his twenty good men.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Horde plot armor thickens...
    That' just ironic considering only two characters with actual plot armor are Anduin and Velen.

No. He formed a concordance with Night elven magi to experiment whether the two schools can be reconciled. it turns out they can. Nature can save arcane addicts from themselves. Something the Night Elves pioneered saving their own arcane addict Highborne from it. Most of them anyway. Again, if it was up to the Blood Elves and Liadrin, the Nightborne would've perished. The Arcandor saved them. The Arcandor is a product of Night Elven culture.
    Yeah, they saved their Highborne addicts so well. They were only completely unaware of Shen'dralar surviving, the ones in Crystalsong Forest exploded and the rest were kicked out for practicing magic. Such openness to Arcane. I'm sure the Darnassus Night Elves would master Arcan'dor's delicate Arcane-Nature balance so well and would totally not cause it to explode. I mean, their new Mages in Cata were only completely humiliated by the Blood Elven Mages on every single occasion, so give it a day or two and they'd be better at making Arcan'dor trees than Farodin.

Meanwhile in the real world, Darnassus would have failed at Arcan'dor spectacularly while having nothing to offer the Nightborne to satiate their addiction, while the Blood Elves at least could feed it through the Sunwell.

Then people saying there isn't Horde favourtism in the dev team wouldn't have a leg to stand on.
    Horde even existing is HORDE BIAS COVFEFE to the likes of you, so it's not like anything would change here one way or another. You'd continue to whine about it even if Anduin managed to find a way to replicate Stormwind and covered Azeroth in infinite Stormwinds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    And following the orders of your superior prevents you from keeping your culture how, exactly?
    That shouldn't be a problem but unless the Nightborne culture can be summed up as "For the Horde (where Horde means Sylvanas for now)" they won't be keeping their culture for long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    You have a macro for that phrase, don't you?

Someone sneezes in the distance - Horde favoritism!
    Then show me the Quest where the Alliance sets fire on Orgrimmar.