10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So anyone heard about the housing debacle going on over on Ragnarok EU?
    Won't mention any names but I'd check the FF14 reddit if you want a good idea of what's going on.
    Mind providing a link or a brief description?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Mind providing a link or a brief description?
    This is probably the best write up for it, since its from one of the members of the FC.

I'm hoping things like that are possible because SE is leery of untangling spaghetti code and breaking something, not because they just decided 'meh, not worth bothering with' when it could be easily patched and prevented from happening. It should be simple, one house per world per account. No grandfathering, no passing the buck, nothing. You have multiple houses, you get to pick one to keep and the rest are destroyed.

To be fair, the manner of how these new wards have been released has gone 100x smoother than any other time they’ve added new houses. Course that’s kinda easy for me to say since I could opt to move to a larger house if I want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    This is probably the best write up for it, since its from one of the members of the FC.
    Okay.
    So they spawn FCs using low level alts, buy houses and then transfer the houses to high level characters?
    Weird.
    SE should fix that and on top of it step in and swing the ban-hammer. That is what Blizzard would do if people abused the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    That's pretty awful. It's things like that which have made me very reluctant to invest in FC's over the years that I've been playing FFXIV. So few of them can handle constructive criticism even from loyal members who have been there since the very start...and problematic outsiders can get their claws into a close knit FC and break it apart as a result.

I'm glad that things like the party finder exist that allow me to play FFXIV without being tied down to a FC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    To be fair, the manner of how these new wards have been released has gone 100x smoother than any other time they’ve added new houses. Course that’s kinda easy for me to say since I could opt to move to a larger house if I want.
    Good for FCs it will be the same as usual for individuals once they enable it.
    If you have a life when the restriction is lifted -> no house for you.

Easy for me too, I got a medium size house now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    That's pretty awful. It's things like that which have made me very reluctant to invest in FC's over the years
    The fact that they kicked him speaks to how pathetic the leaders of this FC are. Not even enough cojones to handle a bit of criticism.

The fact that they kicked him speaks to how pathetic the leaders of this FC are. Not even enough cojones to handle a bit of criticism.
    Yeah.

It'll be interesting to see how Yoshi-P and Square Enix react to this. Apparently the FC in question gets some pretty sweet perks, so them behaving like this and being without punishment would reflect very badly on FFXIV.

- - - Updated - - -

Server by server basis; my server will likely have piles of houses left over even after they are opened to personal purchases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Server by server basis; my server will likely have piles of houses left over even after they are opened to personal purchases.
    Ghost server?
    Last patch it took a whopping 12 Minutes till all houses sold on Cerberus.

Ghost server?
    Last patch it took a whopping 12 Minutes till all houses sold on Cerberus.
    I think it took less than 5 for all of the plots of Shirogane to be gone on Excalibur where I'm at. I don't think there's been an empty plot here since housing opened for more than a few seconds when people lose their house due to inactivity or move. For someone like me who just wants one for fun and doesn't really care THAT much about it to camp the area at 2 AM when the servers open up, getting a house will likely never happen.

No matter what people say, I still love Zalera.

There's been a large plot up for sale for the past couple days in our ward. I'm surprised that no one has taken it yet. I'm half tempted to move.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I think it took less than 5 for all of the plots of Shirogane to be gone on Excalibur where I'm at. I don't think there's been an empty plot here since housing opened for more than a few seconds when people lose their house due to inactivity or move. For someone like me who just wants one for fun and doesn't really care THAT much about it to camp the area at 2 AM when the servers open up, getting a house will likely never happen.
    Siren only had smalls when I checked earlier this week in Shirogane, No clue about Mist/Goblet/Beds. We've been a "recommended server" for a while though.

Yup; Balmung is the same way. Part of why I’m glad I left there...I’d have to wake up at dead ass AM to fight for a house there (and hope I didn’t dc). Meanwhile, on Zalera, there’s piles of houses still available (and were it not for us transfers from Greg and Balmung, they may still have been open since SB launch).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    No matter what people say, I still love Zalera.

There's been a large plot up for sale for the past couple days in our ward. I'm surprised that no one has taken it yet. I'm half tempted to move.
    There was a Mist plot 2 still available as of last night that was daring me to be the one person who privately owned it (the rest are already taken by FCs). Not a lot of smalls around it like what we have in Goblet, where a bunch of us snapped up smalls around the medium FC house.

I may make a splurge purchase myself. Wanted to talk to my FC lead about moving us to a large, but he hasn’t been on since Monday. :-/

15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

I should point out that Ayesa doesn't seem to have been kicked from the guild. He distinctly says that he will no longer receive support from the guild so I take that to mean that he will no longer benefit from the support system they've got in place (i.e the shitty crafting guild that's attached to the main guild) and that he will have to do all the crafting, gathering, etc by himself. For someone who pushes for world first, I imagine that is pretty fucking painful to deal with.

But I do agree with y'all. I think its pretty shitty for him to be cut off and that the FC leader needs to step up and stop acting like a child, recognize that the FC they've decided to associate is doing something pretty shitty and understand why the community is upset with their actions.

I don't think SE needs to do anything more than enforce their own stated policy firmly. One house, one world, one account. No keeping other houses you had before, no being gifted houses on alts via FC workarounds. I don't like the behavior this FC is engaging in either, but there's nothing in the TOS about being a dick to people on social media. Let proper and firm policy application serve as punishment.

Got super excited yesterday as I went searching for a house and found several in all of the housing districts and wards and found the exact spot in Shirogane I wanted available. Heart racing, went to buy only to click on the placard outside and be reminded on the moratorium on sales for individuals. DOH ><!

Got super excited yesterday as I went searching for a house and found several in all of the housing districts and wards and found the exact spot in Shirogane I wanted available. Heart racing, went to buy only to click on the placard outside and be reminded on the moratorium on sales for individuals. DOH ><!
    /pet. Dw Katchii usually my feelings are right and I guarantee you'll get one. <3

Also. I might get absolutely stomped by fans of FF6 for saying this but I think it sounds better than the original

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    /pet. Dw Katchii usually my feelings are right and I guarantee you'll get one. <3

Also. I might get absolutely stomped by fans of FF6 for saying this but I think it sounds better than the original

This sounds very much like the Black Mages version, which IMO indeed does sound better than the original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YNfX1oU2XA

Finally won a Brina Minion roll from the Antitower. i've been getting single digit rolls on that one since 3.2!