Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    I don't know, I've just encountered a lot of men in my life that take issue with my height. As if that's something I can do something about, like I should have told my body to just stop growing.
    Yeah, most guys are sensitive about that, rightfully or wrongly. Many guys feel insecure about dating a girl taller than them; at the same time, most girls won't date a guy shorter than them. Ah well, such is human nature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    Off the top of my head this study preformed by OKCupid themselves. (They have access to the best data sets for a study like this).
    https://theblog.okcupid.com/your-loo...x-8715c0f1561e

Yes I know it's not a peer reviewed scientific study and the methodology is not revealed but for the purpose of finding out something like this they are probably the best equipped to find out.

I'll try to dig up a similar actually scientifically based study on this I've read but I'm sure you'll dismiss that one too as insufficient or lacking in methodology or whatever you people do whenever someone is actually bothered to spend time presenting sources.
    So a romance site is going to prognosticate about romantic relationships? It's in their interest to misrepresent or skew statistics (assuming they have them) so that they can tell you they're the best damned relationship site on the net.

In essence, your "study" comes from a non-neutral source. The site has a vested interest in making you think something.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Antius View Post
    Just what we need. More men becoming feminized.
    Or maybe it's just retarded stigma going away. It doesn't matter what people want to look like, it's their lives.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    If a man is scared make-up might make himself not-manly, he was never manly in the first place.
    I don't think that is the intent of what he meant. It's more in line with the idea that men over the last decade have shifted away from the strong silent type most of us grew up with as fathers and now we have this metrosexual trend, where men are more concerned about their appearance and details that women have traditional focused on. I live in Washington and honestly the majority of men up here are really passive aggressive, I want my safe place kind of people who shy away or in a lot of cases avoid any and all conflict. It actually pisses me off to no extent, not because I am some kind of homophobe or because I don't think men shouldn't take pride in their appearance but more so to the passive aggressive non confrontational attitudes or the guys who go so over board that god forbid I should take a glance at an attractive woman, they want to call me out and make a public scene. It's these "feminized" men that have other men up in arms. Be who you want to be, do what you want to do, but don't put your shit on me and for god's sake stand up for yourself. It's ok to have an opinion that doesn't conform with the people surrounding you; doesn't mean you have to be loud and boisterous about it, but have an opinion and if you decided to share it do it with conviction...and be open to others disagreeing!!! Anyways rant over, but I think that's really where his comment was directed.

"revolution"

I was there. Barely anybody I saw on the streets had any makeup on. Even in Gangnam. I think the most I saw was one or two dudes with nail polish on them.

This whole thing is a gross exaggeration. Yes, it's generally more socially accepted in SK to wear makeup as a man; no, it's not a revolution....

Also I'm the only 10 inside this house. inches
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2018-02-07 at 11:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    Only people who are a 10 are allowed to have an opinion? xD

- - - Updated - - -

Some men can pull it off:
    Of course not. More like she has the gall to make a comment you would usually hear from someone with a high opinion of their own looks. There is a huge difference between saying "I don't find so and so attractive" and making a blanket statement such as "Asians are unattractive".
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    "revolution"

I was there. Barely anybody I saw on the streets had any makeup on. Even in Gangnam. I think the most I saw was one or two dudes with nail polish on them.

This whole thing is a gross exaggeration. Yes, it's generally more socially accepted in SK to wear makeup as a man; no, it's not a revolution....

Also I'm the only 10 inside this house. inches
    It’s really not that common among regular people, and when they do use makeup it’s usually pretty light and only used to cover up some imperfections on their skin so you hardly notice it.

I’ve also worked there for a few months.
    Last edited by mmoc4d2020beea; 2018-02-08 at 06:30 AM.

Deleted
    I don't know, I've just encountered a lot of men in my life that take issue with my height. As if that's something I can do something about, like I should have told my body to just stop growing.
    You sure mention your height a lot. Yet most models are tall, taller than you or as tall, and they get all the men. You're a good looking girl judging by the picture thread, Im surprised it's such a problem for you in your life!

I'm a black female, enough men don't want to date me because of that, honestly, I don't care. Enough men do. There's nothing wrong with not finding a certain thing unatractive, even if it's something you can't do anything about.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-a...uty-revolution

Video in link. Not my cup of tea but what do you think.
    This isn't a revolution. Nor is it new. Koreans have done this for a long time. It won't catch on.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Not feminine but not exactly masculine but who cares
    He looks underaged, that's what's throwing you off.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

You just dismissed an entire continent worth of men out of hand, and now you want to turn around and complain that people are unfairly judging you? Sounds legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Euron Greyjoy View Post
    You sure mention your height a lot. Yet most models are tall, taller than you or as tall, and they get all the men. You're a good looking girl judging by the picture thread, Im surprised it's such a problem for you in your life!

I'm a black female, enough men don't want to date me because of that, honestly, I don't care. Enough men do. There's nothing wrong with not finding a certain thing unatractive, even if it's something you can't do anything about.
    Nitro Fun is the one who brought my height up, complain at him. I don't have any problem with men not having any interest, I'm already in a relationship but there's plenty of men out there who are insecure because they're smaller, like Nitro Fun is.
    Last edited by Player Twelve; 2018-02-08 at 11:36 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post48839767

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post48172088

Bangable, but not a 10.

- - - Updated - - -

The fuck? I don't look feminine.

Her body is excellent 7+ easy probably more but hard to judge with clothes on. (Not an attempt to see semi nudes btw)
    Her face from that one photo is also quite beautiful though in Sweden the competition is fierce.

In any case she is way out of your league.

Deleted
    Nitro Fun is the one who brought my height up, complain at him. I don't have any problem with men not having any interest, I'm already in a relationship but there's plenty of men out there who are insecure because they're smaller, like Nitro Fun is.
    I did not mean to complain, it's just something I noticed. If you feel like you have to talk about your height due to whatever reasons, then of course you can. There will always be people that are insecure about their potentional partners height, the amount of sexual partners they may have had and other things. If someone chooses not to want to date someone over it, it's their loss.
    And maybe Nitro Fun is insecure as he's smaller, don't we all have insecurities? I know I do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Honestly, judging by many of her comments on this site, I’d say it’s not her height that’s the issue... even if she thinks it is.
    I don't think it is either, but who am I to judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Euron Greyjoy View Post
    I did not mean to complain, it's just something I noticed. If you feel like you have to talk about your height due to whatever reasons, then of course you can. There will always be people that are insecure about their potentional partners height, the amount of sexual partners they may have had and other things. If someone chooses not to want to date someone over it, it's their loss.
    And maybe Nitro Fun is insecure as he's smaller, don't we all have insecurities? I know I do.
    I feel like she has the same kind of problem that way too many people in modern society do, which is that she sort of expects everyone around her to make allowances for her insecurities, but at the same time doesn't spare a minute of her day to accommodate anyone else, and then acts all surprised at why she is unhappy. I mean, we are all selfish to some extent so this is understandable, but a degree of self awareness never hurt anyone.

Oh god please no. We have a such a good deal right now with the expectation of never having to don the stuff.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    I mean I get it and honestly can't blame them, everyone's got things about their appearance they aren't happy about.

My eyes are baggy and I have some deep lines making me always look tired regardless of how much sleep I've gotten.

Would I like to be rid of them? Sure, although make up isn't for me at all, but I can see why some would like to try and dabble in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Castrum View Post
    I like how manliness has devolved to the point where your two choices are either be gay or be a lumberjack.
    Ever heard about bears and otters?

Lumberjacks are some of the gayest fuckers around.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    Says the gay cripple
    And? Doesn't change their appearance

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post

I really hate the term bear and otter but I don't know why. That said I find hairy men off-putting