Page 63 of 97 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Please explain why they wouldn't give him the info?

You keep acting like it is absurd a company who researched X wouldn't give that research to someone else in their employ who was also researching X as if they have competing interests or something...so go ahead and give an explanation.
    If they did it wasn't included in dossier (you're free to prove otherwise), and thus irrelevant.

Entire dossier was published by Buzzfeed, it isn't some secret material.

And because Russia wasn't angle seriously pursued by Republicans, as far as we know, thus they couldn't have much. Unlike Clinton Campaign which quite liked this angle - and so Fusion GPS hired private investigator with Russian/Intelligence ties - Christopher Steele specifically to pursue that.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2018-02-08 at 04:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    No, he asked you to prove your bullshit. He asked you to prove it's a lie. You can't.

Words have meaning. Learn them.
    Just a reminder... Trump was in Russia at the time, was in that hotel, was offered hookers, Russia does have cameras in those hotel rooms.

What he calls a lie, is us not knowing what happened after the bodyguard left Trump’s room. But, the location, the offer, the timing, the contact and everything else outside that window of Trump being alone, what Steele said about the peepee tape has been confirmed. I believe Steele was even right on the room number...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Vago View Post
    It's like going to a palm reader, do they actually give you reliable information or do they give you what you want to hear? Once you answer that remember that there are tons of them all over the place making tons of money
    Do palm readers provide you with painstaking research? Or is this analogy purposely intended to be...shit?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like going to a palm reader, do they actually give you reliable information or do they give you what you want to hear? Once you answer that remember that there are tons of them all over the place making tons of money
    No, it's entirely unlike that. Companies that conduct research like oppo research have to provide their clients with credible, justifiable research, not just "what the client wants to hear". Making up bullshit means the client then uses that bullshit, publicly, and gets handed their asses by the opponent for using nonsense your research firm invented. That's a quick way to never, ever get hired again, by anyone.

I have no idea how you people got this nonsense into your heads, because it doesn't even make internal sense. The only thing I can figure is that you're projecting your own personal biases, or something, because it certainly isn't based on logic or reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    If they did it wasn't included in dossier (you're free to prove otherwise), and thus irrelevant.

And because Russia wasn't angle seriously pursued by Republicans, as far as we know, thus they couldn't have much. Unlike Clinton Campaign which quite liked this angle - and so Fusion GPS hired private investigator with Russian/Intelligence ties - Christopher Steele specifically to pursue that it.
    You're free to prove none of the information was used.

You haven't.

10+ Year Old Account

And because Russia wasn't angle seriously pursued by Republicans, as far as we know, thus they couldn't have much. Unlike Clinton Campaign which quite liked this angle - and so Fusion GPS hired private investigator with Russian/Intelligence ties - Christopher Steele specifically to pursue that it.
    You are assuming they focused on Russia because it was what Democrats like. I think the assumption being based on the contact and relationship Trump claimed to have with Putin, then hiring two people who have already been investigated for Russian contacts, while having no experience... is far more likely. Trump’s claims to a Tower in Russia, doesn’t help either... especially since he is still the CEO of Trump Organization, moonlighting as president...

Edit: also a reminder to those hinging their bets on how ludicrous peepee tape seems. Until 2016, it was far more ludicrous to believe Trump would be president, than another embarrassing story on Trump... even if it involves peepee tapes.
    Last edited by Felya; 2018-02-08 at 04:17 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account

This is such a nonsensical angle of argument.

Fusion GPS is a company that produces research for clients.

They began producing opposition research for Republicans, on Trump. That client then stopped paying. They still had all that research. The Democrats then picked up the funding, and in a completely unrelated move, Fusion GPS also hired Steele and given his connections, put him in charge of that client's product.

There is absolutely no reason Steele would have started over from scratch, rather than building off what Fusion GPS already had. Steele wasn't the guy the Democrats hired, Fusion GPS was. It's labelled the "Steele dossier" not because Steele is the guy who produced all of it, but because Steele was the one who had it at the time it became public knowledge, and which he was leaking to media and such.

You are, yet again, flat-out making up bullshit you have no basis for, to ignore how any research firm would handle this kind of changeover.

This whole "prove it was produced for Republicans" stuff is nonsense, since no part of the dossier is stamped as "Steele made this all by himself". He's just the guy who was in charge of that particular file while the Democrats were funding it. That's it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    You do realize he just asked me to provide one example at the start, right?
    No, he didn’t.

Do you know what the dossier is?

Do you know that there is much more to it than the per tape?

Do you know that individual parts have been vetted?
    http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...roborated.html

Do you know that there’s absolutely no reason for the FBI to investigate the pee tape itself, but there are other parts that bear investigation?
    Last edited by Noxx79; 2018-02-08 at 04:33 PM.

I wrote
    You do realize he just asked me to provide one example at the start, right?
    , then you wrote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    No, he didn’t.

The Truth

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    What the fuck has Trump been accused of that is a lie?
    Or do you believe every negative thing about Trump is true?

I wrote

, then you wrote.

The Truth

You haven't proven it's a lie.

Basic comprehension eludes you yet again.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I wish people like you would look things up before ignorantly commenting on something by literally making up whatever you think sounds good to feed your chamber. Companies doing opposition research have to not only come up with extremely reliable information, they have to be able to document it's proof.

Can you figure out why that's so?

7+ Year Old Account
    I wrote

, then you wrote.

The Truth

Do you believe ever negative thing published about trump is false?

Are you going to answer the rest of my questions?

Do you believe ever negative thing published about trump is false?
    Nope, I am an independent, I don't care about parties just facts.

I ask you again, do you believe all negative things said about Trump is true?

10+ Year Old Account

My friend, I have my doubts. You have posted very partisan things. I hope that you can be more independent like me in the future.

Cheers!

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got the memo. Apparently we're supposed to be putting the new cover sheets on all the TPS reports now.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    If this were remotely true, you wouldn't be so eager to try and hand-wave the facts contained in the Steele dossier.

You declared something was a lie. Don't misdirect to "everything that was ever said". The dossier was specifically being discussed. You declared it contained lies.

Prove it.
    Last edited by NYC17; 2018-02-08 at 04:54 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

So the pee tape could be true, you just can’t prove it.

What is it with you and lying?
    Still my answering my other questions I see.

I guess you’re too embarrassed to admit your ignorance, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If this were remotely true, you wouldn't be so eager to try and hand-wave the facts contained in the Steele dossier.
    The level of cognitive dissonance Zenkai displays can only be born of sheer ignorance of the subjects he wishes to discuss. To claim "facts" and ppenly advocate nonsense is just...sad...to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Are you going to dance around that he wanted one negative thing about Trump wasn't true and that there are things in the dossier that isn't true? Ignoring this shows you are handwaving facts.

- - - Updated - - -

So the pee tape could be true, you just can’t prove it.

What is it with you and lying?
    Still my answering my other questions I see.

I guess you’re too embarrassed to admit your ignorance, as usual.
    I will answer yours when you answer mine.