Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    There's a reason you don't want leader's showing weak emotion's. Especially as a soldier. And that's because when the times are at there toughest it's a leaders duty to be the pillar that holds the whole thing up that keeps a level and logical head when everything is falling apart.

Aunduin lost it in the siege he was a wreak and the light deus ex machina'd his ass out of a hole. It was the light that won the siege coming to Aunduin's aid.

Tears don't save lives the cost them in war. Did thatcher cry over the losses in the Falklands war? No she sat down and had wrote a letter of apology to the family of every service man killed. Did Churchill cry over Dunkirk? No he wrote one of the most rousing speeches in history.
    Ahh, the common mistake of confusing tears with weakness.

I'm not too knowledgeable about Western's philosophy when it comes to leaders, but I can assure you that it's not the same thing for Asian leaders and soldiers / citizens. There were plenty of great kings, generals or strategist described to be crying, bowing down - and in fact, modern politicians adopt this as well (regardless whether their tears upon delivering grave news are faked or not). While some of these cases were obviously exaggerated or even fabricated, they were there because of a simple reason: people liked that. You brought up Churchill and Thatcher not shredding a tear, but then there is Zhuge Liang who cried at battle of Jieting and upon executing enemy's commander - yet he was considered one of the greatest commander in China history (and way better than both Churchill and Thatcher). Western-wise, Eisenhower cried as the paratroopers departed since he knew they had a great chance of dying. If we are to go a bit more modern, Obama apparently cried plenty of times as well - Was he weak? Wasn't he considered one of the greatest US president in the last few decades (and ranked 12th of all time)? Yes, he was, better than some who never shred a single tear. Crying isn't automatically make you a great person, but it doesn't automatically devalue your character either. What important is what makes you cry - and Anduin, according to Blizzard, wasn't crying because "he was a wreak". Shredding tears isn't always the sign of weakness - and definitely not in this case.

It's true that tears don't save life. However, meaningless bravado doesn't either. And it's hardly a sign of being "enslaved to their emotions". That'd be true if Anduin just cried, did nothing else and let his sadness affect his decisions. However, he didn't. He cried tears of compassion upon seeing people - both the Alliance and the Horde - being brutalized and killed. The guy was portrayed as a passionate and gentle soul, after all. Yet, he didn't try to run away, he didn't sound the command to retreat - he focused his mind and power to summon that massive dome of healing to heal people up and gave the order to continue the assault instead. He was emotional, but he knew not to let it affect his decision and do what he believe is right instead. Blizzard called it part of the rite of passage to become a king and to incorporate the spirit of his father and the Alliance into himself. Apparently, that raised the morale of the army, so I'm pretty sure all was good. That's why we should look at the reason behind an action instead of just the action itself.

(On a side note, that dome wasn't a DeM either, he already created that dome of healing before, just on a smaller scale to save Varian from death)
    Last edited by Qualia; 2018-02-08 at 01:37 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

There's always potential that azeroth herself could be the mediator through proxy magni or she might make an appearance /shrug

has Anduin even finished crying yet ?

dudes like a wet weekend. if i was an alliance soldier and i looked over in our hour of need to see our king balling his eyes out on the battle field id be questioning the choices id made that led me up to this fate.

i literally re-rolled horde the day after the cinematic because if hes crying in the cinematic hes gonna by crying all the damned way through, littel shit needs to grow up and man up before he ends up only the king of ashes. god forbid it was the old gods he was fighting the being of fear if losing a few men in a siege gets him reaching for the tissues....
    If I saw my leader have some tears I their eyes after summoning a manifestation of holy power to resurrect/heal myself and my allies I'd be happy to have then on my side. People act like he just started crying and it wasn't in reaction to the lights influence.

Deleted
    Azeroth: Stop fighting over my blood and save me from that damn tentacle thing and his b*tch!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    I am just kidding. That wasn't confirmed at all. And the Wrathion X Anduin ship is out there since MoP. However I don't think Blizz has the balls to make him an openly gay lead character. They just don't.
    But I don't mind if he would be gay at all. I would like it actually.
    But him being gay would mean he'd have to hide it. As a king it's his duty to have a wife and have children. It's not an option for a king to get married to someone of noble standing it's an obligation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    Thrall and Jaina again.

Both characters will go through a self rediscovery story and will both wind up becoming the pacifists they were known to be. All coming full circle.
    This is actually fairly likely, imo.

I also think it is possible Anduin ends up agreeing to a ceasefire because of Baine. Considering his model update and relationship with Anduin, I can't imagine them not using Baine as the main Horde character seeking a peaceful end to the war.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Anduin - He will force Horde into submission and rule both factions as Emperor. Sylvanas and Leadrin will be his sex slaves. Blood elves will be completely wiped out as Arthas planed. And Genn will build new wall... from Forsaken corpses. Also Gelbin will finally open his strip bar in Ironforge.

PS Pandarens will be exiled beyond Veiled Sea and never heard of again.

PS Did i said orcs will be used as slaves to dig gold in deadmines?
    i see the stereotype of alliance players being weird is quite accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't know the corpses of alliance we're a light source.
    You need to go re watch the cinematic, his eyes don't water until he is looking skyward at the light spell.

This is a simple case of an alliance hater looking for any excuse to hate. If you want to dislike the alliance, dislike the alliance, just do it for a logical, actual reason, quit making shit up.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-02-08 at 05:26 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Blizz insists the Alliance-Horde War IS the story so we'll see.
    Some datamining does show that there is Old God influence happening in the new zones. If anything, they're trying to misdirect us for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    But him being gay would mean he'd have to hide it. As a king it's his duty to have a wife and have children. It's not an option for a king to get married to someone of noble standing it's an obligation.
    Yeah and I understand that. I was imagining him maybe more like Eliot from The Magicians.

John from accounting. The numbers aren't adding up and at this rate everyone is going to be coming in under their projected earnings.

7+ Year Old Account
    How about instead the Horde and Alliance figure it out by themselves? What a twist when Sylvanas and Anduin figure out, "Hey we're not so different, let's stop fighting and go kill those Old Gods instead!"

Personally I would love it though if the Alliance actually lost and the end of this expansion was a game changer but I know that's not gonna happen, probably the same with the Alliance and Horde figuring it out themselves.

Its probably gonna be Thrall or Jaina again or Magni or whoever. I prefer it when its hard to predict an end to an expansion and I hope this one's ending isn't as predictable as say WoD. I loved MoP, Legion's, and Wrath's endings we need more of those.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

Quote Originally Posted by Seylene View Post
    No one. At least on the NE side Teldrassil is nearly unforgivable especially if it remains full of non combatants. But more to the point Ashenvale is a red line.
    This is why I'm thinking Teldrassil burning HAS to be a stitch up by a third party, or some horrible accident. I know a lot of Horde roleplayers on these forums are saying "Bla bla it's Genns fault, he started it" but it would be an entirely unprovoked attack on a CIVILIAN city. I wouldn't put it past Sylvanas from a lore perspective, after her actions in (what was) Southshore, but from a storytelling perspective they really paint themselves into a difficult corner.

If you have Anduin being (perhaps overly) forgiving and honorable, and then Sylvanas nuking civilian targets unprovoked, it's pretty hard to keep towing the "There's no good side or bad side, Horde are just misunderstood" line.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamchaser View Post
    Hey Buddy. Do you need to talk?
    I mean we know after we destroy the highest forms of chaos the next is the void lords. Is it really that bad a contemplation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The war might simply deescalate rather than full-on peace happening.

It’d be nice if Blizzard had the balls to declare a winner this time, eventually the factions are going to end and them ending through war and one being forced to become a vassal of the other is a better story than them ending through some stupid far-fetched peace shite where we all hold hands and forgive each other.

Yes, letting one side win will be controversial as hell, but it’d completely revitalise the game.

I'm hoping we see Thrall trying to step up and reason with Jaina. Baine seems really levelheaded as far as the horde leaders so I hope he gets more screentime on that front.

By contrast I think Jaina, Sylvanaas, and Gallywix will probably be the main conflict instigators.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    Thrall and Jaina again.

Both characters will go through a self rediscovery story and will both wind up becoming the pacifists they were known to be. All coming full circle.
    Ravioli ravioli let them finally fuckioli