Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Alliance players and Horde players united throughout the entire expansion to kill Legion. Canonically, all the zones had at least 2 heroes working together from both factions at the same time, but due to Sylvanas' "betrayal" in the eyes of the Alliance, they've been on uneasy terms throughout Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisCthulhu View Post
    The player was there as a representative of Monks/Shaman/Mages/Warriors/Etc..
    Ah yes, more shitty writing.
    One moment the undead are trying to commit genocide of my race, the next we're drinkin tea and telling jokes in our Order Hall.

I was there as a hero of the Alliance - and I saved the Nightfallen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbywabby View Post
    Erm, didn't the nightborne first make contact with the Alliance to join them?
    Some silly gooses sees Khadgar and Dalaran/Kirin Tor as neutral, but us non-silly gooses knows Khadgar and the Kirin Tor+Dalaran are at home in the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    In-game lore is what matters over canon lore in-game.

My alliance toons were in Suramar. They were fighting demons and keeping the Nightborne faction leader alive by the skin of her teeth. Now she is joining the opposite faction and killing people in mine.

Thats just horribly bad written lore. Allied races should've been neutral. It makes the most sense.
    Or at the very least the Arcandor should have only cured the addiction not somehow transforming Nightfallen back into Nightborne and yet not fully transforming them back into Night Elves. Then Alliance could have gotten the Nightfallen and the Horde could have gotten Nightborne since the Nightborne are kinda hoity toity and its not unreasonable to assume many wouldn't want the Nightfallen around as a constant reminder of what could have happened to them.

My alliance toons were in Suramar. They were fighting demons and keeping the Nightborne faction leader alive by the skin of her teeth. Now she is joining the opposite faction and killing people in mine.

Thats just horribly bad written lore. Allied races should've been neutral. It makes the most sense.
    Makes as much sense as Turalyon going Alliance after the Horde helped on Argus, or Alleria going Alliance after the Horde champion helped her enter the void path.

Your argument would make sense if Alleria and Turalyon (and Lightforged Draenei btw) remained neutral, but they are taking an active act in the war against the Horde.

i mean, does it matter? you already have night elves in the alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexfu View Post
    That combined with the haughty pride of the Night Elves pushed Suramar to the Horde. Alliance stop acting like you're the pride of suramar now a enemy...
    Less this and more Night Elves gave the Shal'dorei a hard pass and they rebounded into the Horde. Thalyssra even says as much when she says that Elune guided Tyrande away from the bond they once shared.

No they were getting camped by my blood dk. Why would the nightborne waste time with a faction so over matched? Not a good decision after having to fight so hard for their own city.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    In other words, the Alliance might have saved the Nightborne as to prevent the Legion from bolstering their ranks, but not as a way to make new allies against the horde.
    It always seemed to me that the Alliance cared more about stopping Gul'dan than saving the Nightborne. With how Tyrande judged them, I suppose if whole Nightborne would die out while stopping Gul'dan, Night Elves and the Alliance would be fine with it.

I been seeing this over and over and over..... All the allied race threads, BFA lore threads..... Alliance players keep saying "well I saved suramar" talking about the Nightborne or Thalyssra.

SO I thought I'd clear it up: What is reflected in-game does not always portray the cannon story that is the back-bone this 20+ year franchise.
    WHEN AN EVENT HAPPENS IN GAME THAT BOTH FACTION PLAYERS PLAY THROUGH IT'S FOR GAMEPLAY SAKE. BOTH Alliance and Horde Player-Characters get an equal game-play experience for a customer based product. SO for GAME-PLAY sake we all get the experience.

A small investigation in to the story and lore will give you context. Sometimes its Horde cannon sometimes its Alliance cannon... In this case.....

According to cannon lore it was a "Horde Champion" that did what our player character did.

So Alliance players you DID NOT save Suramar. Your faction partially helped along side the Horde, while the Horde champion was the one to do the player character action......

That combined with the haughty pride of the Night Elves pushed Suramar to the Horde. Alliance stop acting like you're the pride of suramar now a enemy...
    ...Yet Garrosh in Pandaria was acting as Garrosh, but the Horde as a whole aren't to blame for his actions, right? A hordie saved the day in Suramar but both parties played a part. Just because one sides figure did more work doesn't make it any less of a team effort. It is just like the World First race where the entirety of United Kingdom claims victory even though it was some people located primarily in Scotland that did the work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    I've sacrificed everything, what have you giv...

Punches the demon hunter in the face.

I think this is that 'taking faction pride way too far' thing I read about on these forums...

Just enjoy the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    I been seeing this over and over and over..... All the allied race threads, BFA lore threads..... Alliance players keep saying "well I saved suramar" talking about the Nightborne or Thalyssra.

SO I thought I'd clear it up: What is reflected in-game does not always portray the cannon story that is the back-bone this 20+ year franchise.
    WHEN AN EVENT HAPPENS IN GAME THAT BOTH FACTION PLAYERS PLAY THROUGH IT'S FOR GAMEPLAY SAKE. BOTH Alliance and Horde Player-Characters get an equal game-play experience for a customer based product. SO for GAME-PLAY sake we all get the experience.

A small investigation in to the story and lore will give you context. Sometimes its Horde cannon sometimes its Alliance cannon... In this case.....

According to cannon lore it was a "Horde Champion" that did what our player character did.

So Alliance players you DID NOT save Suramar. Your faction partially helped along side the Horde, while the Horde champion was the one to do the player character action......

Ok, then by that same logic the horde can stop bitching about how the Lightforged "betrayed" them by joining the Alliance - The Alliance champions were the ones that went to Argus and destroyed the Legion. Happy with that?

This is shitty writing either way, both (the Highmountain as well, for that matter) should have been neutral factions who have some of their people join both factions as player characters, just like the Pandaren did.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-02-09 at 06:37 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    Which in turn made them banish any magic users from their home, hence the Blood Elves and High Elves divisions from the Night Elf core.
    Uh no. There are Night Elf Magi.

Hell, the Kaldorei even hunt down Maiev for killing Night Elf Magi.

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Ah yes, more shitty writing.
    One moment the undead are trying to commit genocide of my race, the next we're drinkin tea and telling jokes in our Order Hall.

I was there as a hero of the Alliance - and I saved the Nightfallen.

- - - Updated - - -

Some silly gooses sees Khadgar and Dalaran/Kirin Tor as neutral, but us non-silly gooses knows Khadgar and the Kirin Tor+Dalaran are at home in the Alliance.
    "Writing I don't like is shitty writing even when it makes narrative sense"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anguirel View Post
    Easier to just say Elves are really finicky, and have short memories for such a long-lived race... we all helped save Mt. Hyjal and Nordrassil, but the Night Elves went Alliance. High Elves were Alliance for quite a while, but Blood Elves went Horde.
    Nope, Nightelves joined the Alliance because because the Alliance did not attempt to chop down all the trees in Ashenvale or invade their lands, the Orcs did, Blood elves went horde because Garithos abandoned them to the scourge. Nothing finicky about their reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    I think Jaina probably disagrees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

What happens ingame is canon. Both Alliance and Horde save Suramar and the Nightfallen faction, get over it

...I mean this is probably the most retarded lore thread I've seen in a long time (or ever).

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Source: Your Ass.

The Horde and Alliance forces in Stormheim are only relevant to the initial couple quests and then the faction hubs towards the end. There isn't anything being "committed" just the player character directly assisting Odyn and the Valarjar. There is literally zero evidence that the Horde committed more troops to Suramar, and it is hilarious that you'd try to play it off as "Well, Horde really did most of the work in Suramar because Liadrin was there and said a couple lines, b-but Val'sharah was neutral even though Tyrande and Malfurion were actively fighting on the front lines! They were just helping!"
    Source opening my eyes and looking in game.

Just because the troops in Stormheim weren't relevant the quest we as players were on does not mean that they weren't there. Both factions have presences in Stormhiem, whether we were interacting with them or not. The Horde presence is larger.

You can fly around Suramar on an alliance character and *see* that there are more Blood Elves present than Night Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisCthulhu View Post
    Source opening my eyes and looking in game.

Just because the troops in Stormheim weren't relevant the quest we as players were on does not mean that they weren't there. Both factions have presences in Stormhiem, whether we were interacting with them or not. The Horde presence is larger.

You can fly around Suramar on an alliance character and *see* that there are more Blood Elves present than Night Elves.
    This post is so incredibly stupid I don't know whether I should laugh or put you on my ignore list...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    I think this is that 'taking faction pride way too far' thing I read about on these forums...

Just enjoy the game?
    I am curious though from where this is coming from. Did the BfA announcement really had such an Impact on some people's minds?
    Because I know for sure, that for quite some time now, threads like this didn't pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    This is much easier to answer than the OP makes it seem.

Who sends you to Suramar? Khadgar. What is Khadgar? Neutral leader of Dalaran, both during AND after Legion. Therefore, neither Alliance nor Horde 'saved' Suramar, Dalaran (A neutral third party) did.

Alliance, Horde, and Dalaran contributed to the war effort in Suramar after the Nightborne were already saved by Dalaran. After the war was over, Tyrande snubbed the Nightborne off while Liadrin openly understood their plight and offered assistance in rebuilding.

The choice for the Nightborne was clear. It literally does not matter how much your Alliance character pretends to have done in Suramar - You were not acting on behalf of the Alliance at the time, therefore the Nightborne aren't 'betraying' you any more than YOU are betraying them by sticking with the Alliance.
    What you're saying is absolutely true. But what OP is saying is that "canonically" (he probably does not even know what this means), it was a Horde Champion that saved the Nightfallen (and what happens ingame is not Canon, although the lore is built around the game. That's like saying that what happens in GTA5 is not actual GTA lore) and this is simply false.

The reason, they joined the Horde was, because Tyrande was kind of a bitch to them, while the Blood Elves were a bit more empathic for the Nightborne, because they had to encounter several hardships.
    Alliance players might assisted the Nightborne, but thank your pointy ear leadership...

Like Elisandre said, during the battle for suramar, the Bloodelves and Nightbornes have a lot in common.
    Last edited by josykay; 2018-02-08 at 07:45 PM.

why bash tyranda? using arcane recklessly 1st got the attention of sargeras and we know what happend then, plus elisande did that deal you know with gul'dan. i mean who wouldnt question these nighbourne? seriously i think she treated these nightbourne with more courtesy than they diserved.
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?