Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It might actually happen, there really isn't much about him so far.
    THIS would be silly AF . Illidan last words " my brother now it's your duty to protect azeroth" ** spongebob's a few hours later intermission** -- Image of malfurion inside burning teldrassil -- "where are you TYRANDEEE I NEED YOOuu "

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    The alliance leaders already flat out over power the horde ones I don’t see the problem.
    Well, the problem is that Blizzard doesn't want either side to feel weak in the game as it is a MMO, which is why they go out of their way to lowkey ignore certain characters' powers to push the narrative. I'm not saying this isn't wrong from the perspective of lore and story overall; they are simply tending to half the playerbase.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Honik View Post
    Well the war would be pretty much over then as Alliance would get batman
    That's why they should've written him out of action for this. They wouldn't ruin his characterization.

Deleted
    Well, the problem is that Blizzard doesn't want either side to feel weak in the game as it is a MMO, which is why they go out of their way to lowkey ignore certain characters' powers to push the narrative. I'm not saying this isn't wrong from the perspective of lore and story overall; they are simply tending to half the playerbase.
    Ähm..Nightelves? They feel themselve..very weak..

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post

- - - Updated - - -

That's why they should've written him out of action for this. They wouldn't ruin his characterization.
    I don’t know the horde has felt like a bunch of pansy’s since garrosh died if you ask me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    What’s wrong with golden? Tides of war was pretty good.
    The stories might be okay. (Though Warcrimes was fuckin ridiculous from start to finish) But it feels like she writes for 8 year olds. Everything sounds so dumbed down in her books. Just my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone knows that since Warcraft III, if said player actually listens to her dialogue in the Forsaken missions. She didn't became the leader of the Forsaken by looking pretty. The Lady can hold her own.

I'm interested now to know more of her "tactical retreat" from the Siege of Undercity 2.0.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

Quote Originally Posted by Taly View Post
    okay, rather then, pls explain me your mind. The alliance, especially the night elves, gradually lost any profile, any strength, any power. A faction that could still keep up with Horde and Alliance in WC3 at the same time suddenly became so weak in WOW that the Horde alone was enough, how logical is that?
    How logical is what? That your claim the Night Elves could keep up with the entire Horde is based on nothing because they have never really competed to base such claims on? Never mind that in the meantime the Forsaken and Blood Elves have joined the Horde, with Forsaken numbers being huge.

I play both sides, and I've recently leveled Horde again. Whether or not this was the remedy of inequities in the level areas or not, the way in which they were replaced has repeatedly exposed the Alliance forces as incapacitated. The Alliance did not experience ONE victory in all of Cata ingame, and it has not received any territory.
    Alliance won in Taurajo and Stonard. And given how the story was a coat of paint to fixing zone imbalance, why exactly did the Alliance have to win anything when the point was giving equal amount of zones to the Horde? And the story given presented Alliance as spreading their forces too thin, when they attacked even two Horde capital zones right off the bat, while the Horde focused on border areas. An army being overconfident and overextending happens. It's not reality or Blizzard or god conspiring against Alliance.

And no, the war was triggered by Garrosh and also this present war officially starts with Teldrassil.
    Except the previous faction was didn't even start in Cata. It started in WotLK and was only resumed in Cata. By Varian. And do give a source on the official start of this war.

Undercity was a reaction to the aggression of the Horde that led to the destruction of a capital. I beg you, play Alliance, you'll find out that the alliance of 1-60 does not make much of a laugh, and you just keep questing how to lose. If you realize that over the years, and that's just happening now, even if Pandaria and Cata are so long ago (now almost 7 years), the Alliance side has never outrun this. And as a pure Hordler, you do not understand that, because Cata was justice for you, but it was for the Alliance but for the Alliance, it was only the beginning of a swelling wound that led deeper and deeper into the abyss.
    And Teldrassil was a reaction to the Alliance aggression in Silithus. Or Stormheim. Take your pick. As for your claim about me being a "pure Hordler", it is nothing more than an inane projection. I played both sides in Cata. Oh noes, one side was losing in a war. But ultimately won it. Ze horror, I am traumatized by it to this very day. It's particularly hard now in winter, because every time there's a blizzard outside I get PTSD flashbacks and fear for my life, because I know one day a wild Kossak will kill me in a dark alley only to plant a Horde flag on my corpse for ever playing Alliance.

Again, Undercity could not even be conquered, the Horde manages to kill the druid in time, leaving the night elf at least one territory (Druids), destroying Teldrassil, attacking Stormwind, freeing Zul and the Zandalari princess + Saurfang and to make matters worse, it just needed 200 man, 200..that is really a slap in the face, for all night elf fans, another, many night elves will stop with BFA, why play another race, the Blizz is shown constantly weak, you as Hordler have no worries because the undead are shown strong, the orcs are shown strong, the tauren are represented strong .. but for the alliance BFA threatens to become an addon, what just for the night elves is no longer worthy of loyalty to their race.
    And the Horde doesn't conquer Teldrassil either. They just destroy it. They are pushed out of Tirisfal as well. Both sides lose a control of a zone. Wooo, my HORDE BIAS sense is tingling. And Teldrassil is destroyed by a super-weapon, not overpowering the Alliance through superior manpower. It makes sense for the operation to be done by a small elite force trying to avoid Alliance's attention. Meanwhile in UC the entire Horde is already gathered and ready for the Alliance and they still lose, even though the Alliance shouldn't even reach the shore since they historically had an inferior navy.

The Barrens wasn´t happened bevore the invasion of Ashenvale. Ashenvale was first, You can read it..in two novels..first novel: Tides of War, second Novel Warcrimes..
    Neither of them actually say that. Unless you can provide a quote. To which I wish you good luck, because the last time someone tried to prove it, they ended with a quote of Alliance rolling into Barrens in response to rumors that Garrosh is preparing to invade Ashenvale, not because he did invade Ashenvale. Which is further corroborated by the game, given how Barrens was attacked before Cataclysm, yet invasion of Ashenvalde happened only in reaction to the Cataclysm. And War Crimes doesn't mention the word Barrens even once.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2018-02-08 at 05:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    The stories might be okay. (Though Warcrimes was fuckin ridiculous from start to finish) But it feels like she writes for 8 year olds. Everything sounds so dumbed down in her books. Just my opinion.
    I can’t say I really remeber the writing styles of her books but isn’t in game Warcraft written like it was for 8 years old to? Even the parts that are suppose to feel serious always end up silly to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Killmaim Deathbringer View Post
    To be fair, that's not really a whole lot of spoiler.
    Well, it confirms once and for all that the hooded orc showed in the Teldrassil art is indeed Saurfang.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I really hope malfurion won't make it. Seeing him burn with that goddamn tree would be glorious. And tyrandes reaction would be even better.
    Pretty sure he does, then he'll escape to Mount Hyjal hunted down by the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    The Horde has no hero characters that can compete with Malfurion. Maybe Thrall once did, but the whole Legion shaman storyline made it out that the player is a better shaman than he ever was. Not to mention that Thrall is neutral now. If Malfurion unleashed his full power things would get boring real fast.
    No, he's not. People get this weird idea that characters joining neutral organizations forsake their allegiances altogether. That's not the case and never was.

About Malfurion, he may be powerful but remains a single mortal individual. There are countless ways for a prepared army to either neutralize him or force him to hide, especially if they got all the necessary info regarding his abilities and potential weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdrop View Post
    Irl 200 is nothing, but in the warcraft universe? I'm not sure. Have other conflicts mentioned any numbers for us to compare with?
    Well, I remember The Shattering novel mentioning 50k losses on the Alliance side alone during the Northrend campaign of WotLK. Other times, other war but I always found that figure ridiculously bloated.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    @ all the people who tried to defend the burning of teldrassil in the past few months with their "maybe she was trying to stop it" BS.... Here you go, you were wrong... Told you, she started this.
    Actually, there's still no direct correlation yet. Yes, it's very probable at this point. Most importantly, however, is knowing the ultimate motivations for whatever is going to transpire. People are there waiting with a pointed gun ready to say "SEE? I TOLD YOU !!! SYLVANAS IS EVIL" and actually forgetting that Saurfang, the orc who opposed Garrosh and threatened Sylvanas in a similar way, not only is not condemning this but actively participates in the war effort, effectively proving that the hooded orc of the Teldrassil art is indeed him.

That means the things are two: he has gone mad (which doesn't seem the case, considered how he's still himself enough to dislike the Blight as an option for war) or there is some very good reason for what is going to happen (or, alternatively, is not going to happen exactly as we expect).

Quote Originally Posted by VomitPrincess View Post
    why slaughter night elves?
    There's need to be a reason to do that now?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Hmm, lets see shall we ?

MoP is horde tearing itself, and horde players forced to raid their own capital. Definately a splendid example of...what was that ? Ah, "Horde bias".

WoD, what was that ? Expansion all about killing orcs ? Including horde lore characters from past ? My, horde players, and orc fans in particular surely were overjoyed.

And Legion, of sweet legion, finally a chance to work together with all those iconic horde characters, like tyrande, malfurion, khadgar, illidan, magni, velen, turalyon and alleria. Oh joy.

Yup, definately story written for horde.
    Maybe we should call things with their name. I mean, it's pretty obvious that Night Elf fans are seeing "Horde bias" everywhere because, of all the Alliance races, they have become the Horde's most fluffy punching bag. Can't say I wouldn't be upset if I was them. Fortunately I'm not and I love to kill Night Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Neither Saurfang nor Baine openly went against Garrosh until he went too far. Just because they went with her to war doesn't necessarily mean she must have tricked them or that they had any better reason than "it'd be good for the Horde if we get to monopolize Azerite".
    The major difference is that Garrosh's politics and war campaigns received questioning from almost day 1 (Cairne's challenge aside, there was Vol'jin who did that openly and Sylvanas who pretty much thought the same shit but kept her mouth shut) and Baine spoke out his opinions right on Garrosh's face in the Tides of War novel. Last but not least, Garrosh's campaign in that novel was relatively smaller in scale compared to what seems to transpire now.

So no, the situations aren't really comparable. Something is "wrong" about the way things play out, we just don't know what and how exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gozzu91 View Post
    He made her warchief because he trust the Loa. Might be a mistake, might be part of a larger plan.
    It's not even a matter of trust, he was granted a vision by them. And Loa's visions tend to be dreadfully reliable (since it's not the first time Vol'jin gets one of those and may not be the last). Who treats them as mere "delusions" have genuinely no idea what they're talking about.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2018-02-08 at 06:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    People are there waiting with a pointed gun ready to say "SEE? I TOLD YOU !!! SYLVANAS IS EVIL"
    We already know she's evil, we don't need this to prove that. You can't justify the attempted enslavement of a species for self gain as anything other than evil.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    No, he's not. People get this weird idea that characters joining neutral organizations forsake their allegiances whatsoever. That's not the case and never was.

About Malfurion, he may be powerful but remains a single mortal individual. There are countless ways for a prepared army to either neutralize him or force him to hide, especially if they got all the necessary info regarding his abilities and potential weaknesses.
    Unless we see something drastic happen to the Horde by the Alliance's hand, I doubt Thrall would be convinced to go fully Horde once more. It's not like Thrall was a warmongering character while being Warchief. He was pacifistic, like Jaina used to be. Besides all this, Thrall has lost his power due to being conflicted from killing Garrosh. Looks like Thrall will take the expansion to regain his power back.

Even if they find a way to neutralize Malfurion, it would take tons of resources just to take down a single enemy. Meanwhile, the Alliance still has other heroes to call on. Anduin, Velen (this one is a bit iffier than the others), Alleria, Turalyon. All of these characters are very strong. Meanwhile, the Horde only has one overly powerful leader, being Sylvanas. Saurfang and Bane aren't that powerful. Gallywix is a slob. I'm not sure how powerful Lor'themar is in comparison, but he hasn't been shown fighting in anything so far which is odd.

Different elements are keeping both sides in check, but Malfurion going full attack mode would tip the scale easily.

We already know she's evil, we don't need this to prove that. You can't justify the attempted enslavement of a species for self gain as anything other than evil.
    So you'll admit the alliance is evil too for using enslavement as a tool right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    So you'll admit the alliance is evil too for using enslavement as a tool right?
    1. The alliance of the second war is not he alliance of today, completely different people are in charge right now. The only leader left over from the second war is Greymane, and guess what, he didn't agree with the internment camps.

2. It wasn't done for self gain, there were 2 options, imprison or execution, what would you have done? Can't just let them go, they'll just start a war with you again.

Sylvanas did it because she wanted to be immortal.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

@ all the people who tried to defend the burning of teldrassil in the past few months with their "maybe she was trying to stop it" BS.... Here you go, you were wrong... Told you, she started this.
    What are you referring to by "this"?

She didn't attempt to enslave a species. She attempted to enslave Eyir.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    She didn't attempt to enslave a species. She attempted to enslave Eyir.
    Which would enslave all her valkyr, since they are bound to her.

1. The alliance of the second war is not he alliance of today, completely different people are in charge right now. The only leader left over from the second war is Greymane, and guess what, he didn't agree with the internment camps.
    Guess what, he disagreed with the internment camps because he considered them a financial drain and wanted to exterminate the Orcs instead. Also, the Alliance enslaved Pandaren in Pandaria.

2. It wasn't done for self gain, there were 2 options, imprison or execution, what would you have done? Can't just let them go, they'll just start a war with you again.

Sylvanas did it because she wanted to be immortal.
    Sylvanad did it for all Forsaken.

Since when?

So she wanted to enslave an enslaver?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    So she wanted to enslave an enslaver?
    Valkyr volunteer.

Valkyr volunteer.
    Sure, just ask Helya what happened when she didnt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Guess what, he disagreed with the internment camps because he considered them a financial drain and wanted to exterminate the Orcs instead.
    Like I said, there were only 2 options, kill them all or imprison them, you can't just let them go.

Also, the Alliance enslaved Pandaren in Pandaria.
    I don't recall this, but I'll take your word for it. Who did it? Was it the whole of the alliance or one commander going off the deep end?

Sylvanad did it for all Forsaken.
    No she didn't... She will claim it but she didn't, she will do anything to avoid the oblivion she saw after the committed suicide by jumping off icecrown. She needs more Valkyr to have more lives. She never trades the valkyr's lives for the lives of any other forsaken who (re)die, she does it for herself and herself only.

Since when?
    She is directly responsible for their transformation, her blessing, her will, is what makes them valkyr... Do you really think the curse Sylvanas puts on Eyir wouldn't extend through her to the others?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Sure, just ask Helya what happened when she didnt.
    Eyir is not Odyn.

Valkyra actively compete with each other to be seen as worthy to be Valkyr, they do this willingly, if they don't want to be chosen, they can simply not compete.