Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    I've always enjoyed the game; even at it's lowest points. WoW has never failed me. I see no reason to wait.
    ^This. Even if some expansions were not so good (looking at WoD), I would still pre-order simply because I enjoy playing this game.

I rarely preorder games.

Blizzard's World of Warcraft Expansions being one of the few exceptions because I know (with varying degrees, granted) what I can expect.

Nor do I plan on stopping doing so.

Deleted
    Blizz is one of the few I will preorder from. I kinda see it as a bill like electric or internet etc that I can pay off and forget about. I mean, even if BFA is a pile of hot shit I would probably still log on for a month or 2 and play it because I like Battlegrounds / achievs.

I wish I hadn't preordered. All I wanted to do was go ahead and start leveling an allied race and what I get are these not even half finished (I hope) things that give me no incentive to play.

It was most definetly worth it for this awesome goatee. This sold me on LF Draenei.

Deleted
    I'd rather level the Allied Races available with pre-order now, where I have time, rather then at launch of BfA when I will be leveling my main character and main alts. Already quested with a buddy on our HM Tauren Druids last Sunday and had much fun. Used the boost to get me an Alliance Shaman at max level. Enjoy new mounts. Things are fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biged781 View Post
    Says the guy hanging out on a WoW forum, ok.
    You just equally dissed yourself? ok.

I can see a lot of fanbois here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Your not doing yourself a disservice if you pay before september. You can always cancel and get your money back.

Let me ask you a question. If you go to a store. And buy any packaged/boxed item. Are you not assuming that its in working condition? Doesnt the company already get your money at the register? Dont you have to wait till you get home to see if the product is in working order and no pieces missing? Then dont you have to use it a few times b4 you even know if it was worth buying?

There now your dumb argument has been invalidated.
    Cant get money back if you avail of any content prepurchase allows you to do. Personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivux View Post
    You just equally dissed yourself? ok.
    He didn't though. He merely pointed out that you think WoW is a bad game but you still hang out on a WoW forum, which is both funny and sad actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    • Digital scarcity isn't real. Multi-billion-dollar corporations don't deserve your money until you have a functional product installable on your hard drive.
    It's not like there isn't going to be a functional product eventually? And even if that were the case for whatever reason, refunds are a thing.
    • Having a majority of their subscriber base say en-masse "No, give us a product first you pricks..." Might actually light a fire under Blizzard's arse towards getting BfA out the door quicker and not taking us for granted.
    Right, so we should bully the devs into giving us the expansion quicker. Not like they're already under pressure to get it out the door as quickly as they possibly can. That'll work.
    • It'll finally send a message to Blizzard after 5 expansions in a row that 10+ months of sweet fuck-all to do after the last raid tier just isn't good enough for a live game with a subscription model.
    Except they gave us four new allied races and added level scaling, ontop of the Silithus storyline, Seething Shore, Ulduar timewalking, and other features to keep us occupied in the meantime, WHILE they're working on BfA. If you're unhappy with the "content drought" this time around, you can unsubscribe until BfA comes out. No one's forcing you at gunpoint to pay the monthly fee until the expansion is released.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroicMythic View Post
    I can see a lot of fanbois here.
    The definition of fanboy seems to have become "guy that likes the thing I'm bitching about."
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Sure there has been things I haven't liked but every expansion. Even WoD, had enough to keep me entertained to justify at least the expansion cost. I'm sorry we don't all screech and say the entire product isn't worth it because YOU say it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    The definition of fanboy seems to have become "guy that likes the thing I'm bitching about."
    Even then... Fanboys sometimes bitch about the thing that they like too, because they care.

15+ Year Old Account
    A 110 boost is $60.

BfA is $49.99, you get the game (when it comes out) BUT you also get allied races now and a 110 boost now. This is the value I have voted on with my wallet.
    It is a no-brainer good deal. Blizzard is not some fly-by-night company. They have earned my respect and I hope they do well for years to come. I happily throw money their way. CD Projekt Red is another company I fully support and I buy their games on both GoG and Steam. I have purchased the full Witcher series on both platforms.

Now EA, THAT is a company that I would not piss on if they were on fire. They get ZERO dollars from me. They can shove Origin up their arse.
    Ubisoft is a close second to EA for most anti-consumer gaming company. They to get nothing from me.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

10+ Year Old Account
    eh..the only saving grace to me for EA is dragon age games, i think its the only game i would pre-order from them, if they ever do dragon age 4.

Blizzard has established a groove that they are happy with to carry on with WoW forever, and that includes the end of expansion droughts. They see unsubscribing and coming back as working as intended for a chunk of the player base. They are still making money, pre orders are what they use to gauge and predict interest. In that sense, it will always be useful to them because it will always tell them how many people are interested enough to pre order.
    One Sweet Dream

7+ Year Old Account
    I can already anticipate the replies; "It's my money, I'll can do whatever the hell I want!" or "I want the preorder bonuses". OK, fine, but I just thought I'd throw out a couple of bullet points as to why you should hold your wallet closed for now:

• Digital scarcity isn't real. Multi-billion-dollar corporations don't deserve your money until you have a functional product installable on your hard drive.
    • Having a majority of their subscriber base say en-masse "No, give us a product first you pricks..." Might actually light a fire under Blizzard's arse towards getting BfA out the door quicker and not taking us for granted.
    • It'll finally send a message to Blizzard after 5 expansions in a row that 10+ months of sweet fuck-all to do after the last raid tier just isn't good enough for a live game with a subscription model.

We don't pre-order new films 10 months out. We read the reviews, see the trailers, make an educated decision and hand over our money at the box office on the day we see it. The video game industry has it far too good skating by on promises. In any other industry you work to deliver something before you get paid.

Basically, I'd recommend waiting. We need to restructure the power dynamic between consumers and game publishers. A large element of that is not paying for products until we can actually purchase the product. Don't buy BfA yet folks.
    ITT we use conjecture and subjective view points to make thing seem like fact, instead of opinion.

It's amazing that so many people can be satisfied so easily.

"I don't care, I will play anyway"
    "It's my money"
    "I don't care, wow token"
    "I just want to play"
    "I love the game regardless"
    "Blizzard never let us down in the past"

I just lol at you guys. Too bad I don't like retail anymore, hope you guys can still find enjoyment. But for gods sake though, the game can go downhill for the current player-base too if you don't watch out with your wallet (which is what OP is more or less trying to say). It doesn't matter how much fun or entertaining something is, it's toxic behavior we need to step away from.

Let me guess, you're Short ATVI and want them to miss Q1numbers.

Plot twist - its called deferred revenue
    This is my signature. It states my prediction of the next expansion. Not only is it correct in my eyes, but should also be in yours too.
    Anyone who doesn't agree with me is an idiot, a bad, and a pleb.

- A Quote from every narcissistic, defiant, self-absorbed theorist on these forums. True story.