Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Some good discussions here. On Reddit you’d be downvoted into oblivion for saying Legion sucks.

OT: I hate Legion. A big factor is class design. Blizzard botched so many classes and specs it might as well be a different game. I hate what they did to Hunters and Warlocks. Gear feels pointless now because of Titanforging and legendaries. M+ is just a Zerg fest when it should be like TBC heroics. Raids felt uninspired and so did the zones. The Legion felt like Scooby-Doo villains. Argus is the worst end game zone I’ve ever experienced. Mobs are everywhere, getting instantly dismounted, an obnoxious amount of elites and random pits and holes in the ground, etc. Absolutely awful. Artifacts and AP suck too.

Mage Tower is ok though.

5+ Year Old Account
    Well, what the OP said, as well as the fact that after the massive dumpster-fire that was WoD, a return to something decent was going to be immensely appreciated.

Legion has been the best expansion since Wrath in my opinion. M+ has been a game changer.
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I concur with OP that change is better than no change. Though every expansion brought it's own changes and not all of them outweigh the bad ones that will be among them. My biggest gripe with Legion is the continuation of the follower missions table but it's just one among many other frustrations that break the camels back because I don't think the positive changes make up for the bad ones. I figure there's better entertainment to be found and time/money could be more wisely spent.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2018-02-08 at 05:09 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

I'm not sure Legion was that well received. It mainly benefited from the contrast with WoD, but it had the same kind of "peak and crash" to be seen in activity, and it feels like there were even more people leaving the game in the end (including my guild, which is basically on life support for the first time since the game release in 2005). I'm pretty sure that Legion simply wasn't as abysmally bad as WoD, but overall I'm still feeling it's a failure.
    At the very least, it's part for me of the "shittest expansions", down with Cataclysm and WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by THCRaven View Post
    Blizzard did a good job brainwashing people into thinking this expansion was a success, they stopped releasing sub numbers because said numbers would overflow the report capacity.
    Yeah, I feel the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I think secretly every player wanted WoW to "change" since WotlK.
    Some players dont know the reason why they stopped liking WoW as much as they used to.
    Thats because playing the same game for several years has consequences and even though people dont know it...they wanted "change".

What do i mean by "change"? Basically new types of gameplay. Something different.

I think the true reason why Cataclysm and WoD were not well received by the community was not because they were bad expansion. Not at all.
    Its because it was more of the same. And even though people dont know it, they are tired of the "same".
    Wrong.

Cata felt bad because it came right after WotLK. In retrospect it wasn't all that bad compared to what followed. And WoD... boring garrison garbage, ridiculous time travel/alternate timeline stuff, and the rail shooter zone questlines where everything is locked behind phasing and/or garrison crap... no thanks.

World Quests, Class Halls (and their campaigns), M+, the entire Suramar questline. These were all great additions.

Then you have AP and legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMccrum View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

even logging in to any server would show that this is a complete, undefendable and outrageous lie on your part.

subs are clearly in the 2-4m range.
    Considering your signature, I'm not sure I'd trust your estimation relating to any numbers.

Playing the game myself it feels pretty lively, definitely more lively than WoD. Slootbag mentioned on his stream a few times that he has insider info that sub numbers are higher than WoD atm, there are also other things that can be used to estimate subs relative to WoD, like WCL traffic since majority of traffic comes from normal and heroic raiders, not mythic guilds.

After doing some extensive market research I've learned what algorithm makes each expansion greater.
    It's adding a new class! See this simple formula;
    (x*(y))
    x = 1 expansion
    y = # of new classes in the expanion

Legion - Great! had a new class
    WoD - Terrible no class
    MoP - Great! had a new class
    Cata - Average no class
    WotLK - Amazing! had a new class
    BC - No class so was average but too long ago so people prob just forgot it was actually average because no class and think it was good.
    Vanilla - 9 new classes, therefore 800% greater than any other!

Yes I am bored, and clearly making efficient use of my time here at work

You can't measure what makes a game good or bad. It's your opinion, not fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    MoP - Great! had a new class
    Cata - Average no class
    See? To me, MoP was average and Cata was great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I tend to agree.

After the great desert of nothing-much-to-do that was Warlords, Legion was pretty much the opposite.
    I think this is true but it's also HOW they did this. In WoD there was mostly raiding after you leveled, had done the 5 mans a bit etc. You raided or... sat in your garrison.

In Legion, they created ways that you could play if you were solo (WQs, esp emissary ones), in a small group of friends (M+) or wanted to raid. That helped a lot - I often would login and knock out the day's emissary quests while dinner was cooking, then log out, eat and sometimes come back sometimes not. But that ability to do something in a variety of settings helped as did splitting patches into raid and non-raid mini-patches so you had something fresh every 2.5 months.

There were flaws of course - I can't understand why they didn't see some legendaries being much better than others as a problem and TF should have been capped so you couldn't get superhigh levels from a WQ etc. But it was giving people more and more varied things to do where they really pulled it out.

Deleted
    Mythic+ and WQ's are ok. If they were in WoD people wouldn't have cried so much.

But AP grind, class redesigns and legendaries were terrible. It's definitly not one of my favorite expansions.

Tbh, i think people would see how unsuccessful Legion is if we still had sub numbers. I was looking in WoW progress and the number of raiders dropped by 1/3 on my server from Nighthold to Antorus.
    I think Legion was a massive failure.

Was rather bored with Legion, and "new expansion" feel went away fast.

WQ where nice but they relied far to heavily on them
    professions are still very underwhelming
    pvp content is none existent, let alone worst play experience ever for pvp (would of taken s5 shadowfrost dks back over legion)
    combat was bland and repetitive from pruning.

To sum up legion for me: Que up for chorecraft.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    You can't measure what makes a game good or bad. It's your opinion, not fact.

- - - Updated - - -

See? To me, MoP was average and Cata was great.
    No, you just think you did but you actually preferred MoP to Cata because of this simple formula, MoP had a new class and Cata didn't and science doesn't lie.
    Likely it was due to being brainwashed by flat-earthers to make you think that was the case.

It was fun, for a month. Then you realized progression is gated behind RNG and the content is more repetitive than ever before. Not to mention the shit class design.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DuvalierRock View Post
    Better than WoD at least. But I wish I have played WoW before Cata to experience Wrath
    Early Wrath up to and including Ulduar, yes. Tournament patch and ICC, you did not miss much really.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

While it did some things right, There were tons of classes and specs were screwed up on release despite loads of beta feedback that was ignored and some classes are STILL screwed up.

Overall, I'd say it was a disappointment. WAY too much RNG.
    In my day we didn't have World of Warcraft or Guild Wars. We had World War 2, and when you shot at the Germans it aggroed five thousand of their friends!

"A blind, deaf, comatose lobotomy patient could feel my anger!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cowiesh View Post
    World quests and Mythic+ was good. M+ could have been done better tho.

Everything else about Legion was bad. Legendary system = major failure. AP = total failure. Titanforged = bad idea, best items shouldn't be possible from the easiest content(in theory).

Legion is the only expansion I stopped raiding after first raid and dind't want to come back. To my eyes, Legion shouldn't exist, and Bfa looks the same, just replace artifact with a necklace.
    Opinions are like stinky things, and yours stink. Legendary system was flawed but fun, and received improvements that admittedly should've been in early. AP was a major ongoing play incentive and a win that didn't hurt thanks to AK. Titanforging was a great idea for the 98% who aren't Mythic raiders.

You quit, so your opinion is not only limited to you, it's limited to the situation as of the first tier. You didn't have the fortitude to stick with it and judge things based on their intended evolution.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakatashi View Post
    Mythic+ adds fantastic life to the game for a solo player
    But....you have to do M+.....in....a group......with....other players.......

Things Legion did right:
    World Quests - Even if you don't like them, this implementation is far better than the old Daily Quest system that just chose from 8-10 to give you 4-5 to do each day.
    Mythic + Dungeons - Perfect for those people who a) want a challenge from dungeons and b) those who don't like to raid, but enjoy difficult 5-man content
    Class Halls - People have been clamoring for more class-based content ever since Vanilla. Blizzard finally bit the bullet and gave it to us. It's just too bad that it takes so many resources for each class that this will likely not happen again for another decade.
    Timely patches - Rolling out new content every 77 days was fantastic planning. Rarely did we have a lot of people complaining about either nothing to do OR content coming too fast.
    WoW Tokens - Single handedly kept many people playing, because why not if it's "free", while simultaneously allowing people buying tokens with real money a chance to supply themselves with in-game gold as desired (which decimated the illegal gold sellers).
    The story - especially Suramar. Sure, some of it (Highmountain, Val'Shara) was disjointed, and some (Argus) didn't live up to people's very high expectations, but overall the story was engaging and entertaining. After the nothingness of WoD's endgame content and story, this was a very refreshing change.

Things Legion did wrong:
    Random Legendaries - Do I need to explain?
    Artifact Power - OK, it's something to grind, fine. But a) don't make it only ramp up after you hit 110 (you force people to rush through leveling), b) don't have an easily accessible soft-cap, and c) don't make it unbelievably powerful (no one can argue that having two weapons splitting AP is just as good as having one with all of it, which means hybrids are at a massive disadvantage)
    Alt-tax - See AP and hybrids.
    Random Titanforging - Sure, I enjoy getting an item that procs 50 ilvls above its base. Who wouldn't? But making me feel like I have to continue repeating the same quests/dungeons/old raids over and over for the slim chance I can get a proc for a minor upgrade over the new raid gear is just bad.