Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Alliance A - PvP <Ember> Recruiting (Classic)

Heya!

<Ember> is recruiting people for our community and future Classic guild (EU).

Whether you think it's too early or pointless to start recruiting at this point, that's your opinion, if you don't like it, hit the back button in the browser. There's no reason to be mean.

Anyhow, since the announcement of Classic, I've been slowly working on getting a website up. I have a full time job and other commitments so it's taken a while, but now it's starting to look OK. The idea is to create a community where we can squee together about upcoming news, discuss what the game it's going to be like, what classes etc we're going to play, sharing old memories and playing other games together until the grand time comes. Now, there will be an attendance check roughly one month before the launch, this is simply to make sure that you're still around and you are actually joining us on our journey.

We also have a discord server set up that you'll get invited to if you apply on the website. So far we're all swedish, but the goal is to be international.

I don't intend to create a huge wall of text here, so if you're interested, you can find more information on our website emberwow.com. The website is compatible with phones, tablets and desktops.

So go there, check it out and drop an application if it sounds good to you

UPDATE 2018-10-09: We're growing! Up to 23 members so far, the announcement of Classic Demo at Blizzcon has gotten people interested again it seems. We also have a fair amount of non-swedish members now, so don't be afraid to join if you're not a Swede!

We're planning to do a first event together soon, namely playing together during the demo! Come join us and share the bants

UPDATE 2018-10-20: Steadily growing! Up to 30+ members now!

UPDATE 2018-10-30: 35+ members now! Blizzcon demo hype!

UPDATE 2019-03-06: 50+ members now! Discord is getting more active and we're inching closer to "The Classic Summer"!
    Last edited by Sorgmantel; 2019-03-06 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Updating the info

Recruiting 3 years in advance. Damn.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    I've been waiting more than 5 years for a Classic server, what's 3 more years or so?

Besides, it could potentionally come sooner than that, nobody knows for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorgmantel View Post
    I've been waiting more than 5 years for a Classic server, what's 3 more years or so?

Besides, it could potentionally come sooner than that, nobody knows for sure.
    Recent interview with Forbes they admitted to sharing info/announcing it too soon. If that doesn't dampen dreams Idk what will :0
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Deleted
    Hey if I join will I get thunderfury on my warrior?

There is absolutely no way it will take 3 years. That same Forbes interview that people are quoting says they already have people working on things and if it takes more than a year and half I would be absolutely surprised. I firmly think it will be spring or summer 2019 at the lattest but there is a possibility it will be sooner than that.

re:

Recent interview with Forbes they admitted to sharing info/announcing it too soon. If that doesn't dampen dreams Idk what will :0
    Sounds like this is pleasing you for some reason. I don't get that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatfire View Post
    There is absolutely no way it will take 3 years. That same Forbes interview that people are quoting says they already have people working on things and if it takes more than a year and half I would be absolutely surprised. I firmly think it will be spring or summer 2019 at the lattest but there is a possibility it will be sooner than that.
    I believe it will be out sometime in 2019, but before that seems a mite unreasonable while any later will make me wonder how WoW functions properly at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    I believe it will be out sometime in 2019, but before that seems a mite unreasonable while any later will make me wonder how WoW functions properly at all.
    One thing is for sure. Every day that passes we're one day closer!

Nice to see people recruiting. Its a long way off, but I love seeing the community come together .
    For Quality Classic WoW Content and Discussion
    For more Classic WoW content: https://www.twitch.tv/tipsoutbaby
    'Tips Out' Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/tipsoutbaby

re:

Quote Originally Posted by tipsoutbaby View Post
    Nice to see people recruiting. Its a long way off, but I love seeing the community come together .
    Wow *starstruck* Love your content Tip! Thanks for the kind words.

Update: I am overwhelmed by the positive feedback and interesting background stories I've heard so far from the ones decided to join us!

Things are starting to roll, don't hesitate to contact us! Together we'll make our discord one of the best "Waiting rooms" for Classic there is

March bump! Gotten a few new members in the last month. Website has also gotten a few updates!

Actual WoW Classic news BUMP !

Classic demo at Blizzcon BUMP!

This isn't the Classic WoW recruitment forums.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    This isn't the Classic WoW recruitment forums.
    Useful comment is useful, as far as I'm aware, this is the only classic forum here. Why does it even bother you to begin with is beyond me.

Sounds like a nice guild but kicking members if they dont log in for 10 days? Wow...
    I remember when it used to be a couple months, then 30 days, then two weeks, now its 10 days. Someday its gonna be a weekend.

I could never understand that, kicking a good guild member that you know and trust after 10 days, and replacing them with a total stranger...

Quote Originally Posted by donjn View Post
    Sounds like a nice guild but kicking members if they dont log in for 10 days? Wow...
    I remember when it used to be a couple months, then 30 days, then two weeks, now its 10 days. Someday its gonna be a weekend.

I could never understand that, kicking a good guild member that you know and trust after 10 days, and replacing them with a total stranger...
    A fair point and it might sound harsh, but it does say "without notification". In other words, if you tell us you're going to be absent for more than that, you won't be removed