Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Saurfang is a traitor and horde is getting MoP treatment all over again.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    So this shows me they should have brought a single blood elf spell breaker. Or Silvermoon's Grand Magister. Or why did Thal and Jaina not have a mage battle?
    Because Jaina's defeat would be imminent and Blizzard wants to maintain appearances when it comes to their HORDE BIAS. It's one think to piss in Alliance players' faces, it's another to shit down their throats.

Think of it this way. What happens when a brilliant and bright Alliance genius believing in the conspiracy theory of everything being HORDE BIAS goes to the police in either of the above scenarios? When Blizzard just pisses in their face, the police - obviously bribed by Morhaime personally, because Blizzard is ran by Illuminati Lizard-men that predate time itself, since after all everything that exists is HORDE BIAS - can try to brush it under the carpet by claiming it's not piss but Alliance tears. They can't handwave fecal matter in the stomach nearly as easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It just feels like something that PROBABLY should have been far more than just fine print, ya know?

"yeah we're here because war you know?"
    No one ever said (outside of straw-man fantasies of Horde players in minds of certain Alliance geniuses, that is) that the main factions were saints. This could be a case of them using the allied races. Like their newly found openness towards the world, the need for protection, the help for rebuilding or even a new place to call home.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean, on the other side of things, you have to consider that Lightforged are pretty ridiculously strong. I wouldn't be surprised if lore wise, Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves are among the top in terms of strength/power/whatever.

Mehrunes would probably be a better judge of that though to be honest.
    Ehh, LF Draenei, sure, if the process wasn't a boost in power it'd be pointless. I'm not so sure about Void Elves. While I don't really have that much of a problem with them unlike other Horde posters, I find their power to be overblown so far. Their biggest feat right now is not becoming mad and Alleria accidentally opening a rift. I'm saying how I see them now though, they do have potential.

On the other hand you get HM Tauren. Which sure, are physically strong, but are no different from other Tauren. They don't even have any special aptitude for certain forms of magic. Even their horns aren't a result of stronger penchant for Druidism but a reward for aiding the Night Elves in War of the Ancients. Then again they do seem to have a sizable population and multiple tribes.

Nightborne and Zandalari look strong though, and Nightborne will synergize with Blood Elves well. Zandalari may even be a hook for other Troll tribes. Dark Irons are the weirdest since they already joined in Cata. Though maybe Blizzard will explain it that they were only one leg into the Alliance and while they followed the Council of Three Hammers while in Ironforge or in joint missions, they still acted in sovereign manner when it came to their own territory. If that is the case, they should also be a sizable addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayto View Post
    An ugly version of the model vs a beautiful revamped version of the model that is superior in many aspects.
    I'll take "What is subjectivity" for $200, Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Are we sure? Would have Tyrande even considered the idea of allying with orcs and humans if it wasn't for Malfurion? "Thoughtlessly impulsive" also partially applies to her act of getting Illidan out of prison by slaughtering her own subjects. It may not have been utterly "thoughtless" but sure as hell it was "impulsive".
    I still don't know what new enemies exactly she made in MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    It's that what people believe to be "plot armor"? Oh boy.
    Zulkhon please. The main example of Sylvanas' plot armor that is thrown around is her getting resurrected a bunch of times. In a setting with necromancy. The motto of Alliance should be "If you want reason, you've come to the wrong place".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I still don't know what new enemies exactly she made in MoP.
    She didn't make any enemy whatsoever during MoP. I think the poster in question conflated "making Tyrande looking dumb" (which is something that indeed happened during MoP) with "making new enemies for the Alliance" which is what happened now with the Nightborne. But hey, since Tyrande's overall theme is "I'm unable to think straight for more than two nanoseconds without shrieking judgemental nonsense or doing something stupid" I have to guess that getting confused may come easier than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    oh boi imagine saurfang going to anduin and he gets hits ass kicked in 1 vs 1 by some lightboi spells.
    Oh my. Poor Saurfang would never recover from getting LIGHTBOY'D ever again.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2018-02-08 at 09:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Just watch the video on youtube, one thing I could not understand is Jaina's power level.

First we see that, Thalyssra, more than 10,000 years old, and the second best mage of nightbore, clearly fears Jaina's power.

And in the end of scenario, Jaina basically capture the horde team with a single spell. And this team includes the best dark ranger (only second to Sylvanas), a top shadow hunter, a 10,000 year old mage and a prophet who can start a fire that threatens the Stormwind, not to mention the princess and the player.

But this team does not even try to fight Jaina.

I have nothing against Jaina, but when did she became so powerful? As far as I know, she is less than 40 years old. She is very talented but I never feel she is extraordinary. And I did not know if she had gone through some thing that empowered her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash123 View Post
    I have nothing against Jaina, but when did she become so powerful? As far as I know, she is less than 40 years old. She is very talented but I never feel she is extraordinary. And I did not know if she had gone through some thing that empowered her.
    Inconsistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post

I love seeing that thalyssra is personally helping in the fight against the alliance!
    what an ungrateful bint

Oh look more nightborne crying
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

7+ Year Old Account
    Great. Now i have more reasons to kill Thalyssra.

Deleted
    I have nothing against Jaina, but when did she became so powerful? As far as I know, she is less than 40 years old. She is very talented but I never feel she is extraordinary. And I did not know if she had gone through some thing that empowered her.
    Rule of cool.

That stupid card game has made Jaina more recognizable so now she must be the ultimate badass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Or the lightforged draenei who our horde characters can get exalted with?
    might be, i havnt played that content yet.
    One factor is though : They are more a military group than a citystate/nation if im not mistaken.
    But the draenei didnt do anything in cata war either i believe :P

Example of races who makes sense to be joining in a full war are the Yaungol and Dark Iron Dwarves who both tend to be more militaristic and agressive and dont have any good diplomacy with the opposite faction.

Just watch the video on youtube, one thing I could not understand is Jaina's power level.

First we see that, Thalyssra, more than 10,000 years old, and the second best mage of nightbore, clearly fears Jaina's power.

And in the end of scenario, Jaina basically capture the horde team with a single spell. And this team includes the best dark ranger (only second to Sylvanas), a top shadow hunter, a 10,000 year old mage and a prophet who can start a fire that threatens the Stormwind, not to mention the princess and the player.

But this team does not even try to fight Jaina.

She is incredibly powerfull.

She is not the best mage of Azeroth but that doesn't mean she isn't strong.

She was the disciple of Antonidas and she has a staff powered with the Thunder king's power.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Re: Jaina empowerment, didn't the Thunder King get funneled into her staff? Would explain the big rift there.

In any case, always remember: narrative trumps calculable power levels, it's low-tier as far as fantasy universes go, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    the one that sargeras will not kill us all is the victory!
    -both- sides had that Victory. The Horde also got the most well developed new race ever added by Blizz. And then the Alliance is shacked up with the Void Elves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruul View Post
    Rule of cool.

That stupid card game has made Jaina more recognizable so now she must be the ultimate badass.
    It was before that already. Her character was further developed during wow time where it meant, importance of character = power of character.

Otherwise she's always been the most powerful mage in Teleportation and really strong in frost/water magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    She is incredibly powerfull.

She is not the best mage of Azeroth but that doesn't mean she isn't strong.

She was the disciple of Antonidas and she has a staff powered with the Thunder king's power.
    Thalyssra should be more powerful than her anyway. She's far older, and absorbed the Nightwell for 10,000 years. However, that doesn't really matter in the grand scheme. The narrative feeling good for both sides is what Blizzard cares about. Blizzard would sooner nerf Thalyssra like they did Malfurion.
    Quote Originally Posted by taelon View Post
    importance of character = power of character.
    This as well. An OG like Jaina would look bad if she'd lose to a much newer character. Her arc is important for BFA, so she must win.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    If Saurfang becomes Anduin’s bitch I’m going to lol so hard.
    I really wonder what's going on with that. Saurfang having doubts about Sylvanas shouldn't mean that he would turn on the Horde entirely. Methinks he remembers that Varian allowed him to recover Dranosh's body and he wants to talk to his boy further, see what he's made of, and finds himself to respect him more than he does Sylvanas. So if there's going to be one avenue for the inevitable cease-fire when N'zoth starts putting his tentacles on everything, it's going to come from ol' Saurfang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Just watched this on Asmongold’s stream. About damn time Stormwind got wrecked. It almost makes up for the siege of orgrimmar but the Alliance still has all their major characters after the attack.

Zul seems pretty awesome and it’s nice Thalyssra is doing something outside of Legion.

Interesting how Zul set Stormwind aflame with a single match, I thought his prophecies were a bunch of shite but I guess not. He clearly has no personal power outside of seeing the future though, so he wouldn’t make much of a raid boss.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2018-02-08 at 10:36 PM.

So, what exact purpose does this scenario serve except portraying the Alliance as complete incompetent morons (oh boy what a surprise) and giving the Horde something cool?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayto View Post
    -both- sides had that Victory. The Horde also got the most well developed new race ever added by Blizz. And then the Alliance is shacked up with the Void Elves.
    the alliance obtained the elf model of blood the most played race of the horde!
    and the players of the alliance asked alleria as the leader of an elven faction with the blood elf model for years!
    blizzard gave them that, a little different

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I really wonder what's going on with that. Saurfang having doubts about Sylvanas shouldn't mean that he would turn on the Horde entirely. Methinks he remembers that Varian allowed him to recover Dranosh's body and he wants to talk to his boy further, see what he's made of, and finds himself to respect him more than he does Sylvanas. So if there's going to be one avenue for the inevitable cease-fire when N'zoth starts putting his tentacles on everything, it's going to come from ol' Saurfang.
    It shouldn't be forgotten that Saurfang's main motivation was buying the PC and company time to escape.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Interesting how Zul set Stormwind aflame with a single match, I thought his prophecies were a bunch of shite but I guess not.
    We knew his prophecies were everything but a bunch of nonsense since MoP, all his visions came to be and Rastakhan's fatal mistake was ignoring them altogether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.