Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Would require they be 110 and finished argus questline mind you so yaaay repeating the same sxact quests for hours on end just to minimize the rng timegate
    Argussian Reach does to unlock all their world quests.

Army of the Light for one zone is account wide now. So you can finish about 1-2 bits of the story and still farm it at a decent rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    If only they were very clear about this, that u will need rep with other factions...........oh w8.

Literally takes few days to grind the reps. I would estimate a week should be enough. Just playing average 2 hours per day.
    Not if you lack the alts to funnel rep tokens or luck with the board..or do not even have argus unlocked let alone the missions whiich take a few days to unlock.

For returnees it js actually a very tine gated rng process as opposed to being able to hop in do it and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by acer1234 View Post
    Very upset right now... so let me vent.

BC: click and play blood elves and draenei.
    Cata: worgens and goblins? Yep login and create a new one.
    Panda land: free pandas for everyone.

Now come on here. I just spend $50 for the new expansion and $15 for 1 month. And your telling me I can't play the new races? I'm a returning player that obviously doesn't have the achievement or rep. I felt like I was scammed out of $65. I came back just to play and lvl a new race...
    It was mentioned multiple times for weeks if not months beforehand, and the below quote was not only on the pre-purchase page once but twice. They literally put the information that you're claiming they didn't make clear in two different places on the page where you click the buy button. This isn't some fine print scam crap, you literally just did not care what you were buying and threw your money at it before doing even the smallest modicum of research into it. I mean come on, you couldn't even be bothered to read the product page. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if launch day comes around and you are back here on these forums complaining about how there isn't any ship based garrison like system because you didn't even bother to read the features of the expansion that you bought.

Pre-purchase of World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth makes available the questlines which enable players to access the Highmountain tauren, Lightforged draenei, Nightborne, and Void elves. To unlock Allied Races quest lines, players must have a level 110 character and have met specific questing and reputation requirements on the factions that each Allied Race is aligned with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    The biggest problem here is people need to learn to read... stop complaining suck it up and do the grind like everyone else instead of bitching like a 4 year old.
    They don't mention on the advert about this and as others have said he likely doesn't hangout on fansites or read all the wow news

Probably got an email and was like "sweet new races lets check em out"

7+ Year Old Account
    lol "scam"

maybe learn to read.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Clevin trying to rationalise the failing when there is a paragraph of text beneath the button you press to buy, that states clearly in plain writing (not small print, or legal speak) what the situation is.

The OP already fessed up to being silly - irrelevant if you don't read forums or keep up to date with announcements when the paragraph of texts beneath the buy button exists.

Silly people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    LOL "scam". People are so low quality nowadays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Quit whining and go do the quests/ rep then? You need to do the qeusts/rep to understand their back story.
    Quests yes rep is more a timegate

They don't mention on the advert about this and as others have said he likely doesn't hangout on fansites or read all the wow news

Probably got an email and was like "sweet new races lets check em out"
    I literally went to prepurchase on a second account to test it and on the page it's right under the 2 version options.

- - - Updated - - -

Quests yes rep is more a timegate
    Rep has been a timegate for 13 years.

Nothing new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it september already ? Does someone keep all these people kidnapped somewhere and they are unable to sub and do those crap reps in these SEVEN FUCKING MONTHS left to release?

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Is it september already ? Does someone keep all these people kidnapped somewhere and they are unable to sub and do those crap reps in these SEVEN FUCKING MONTHS left to release?
    Dammit I've been caught!

/runs

Very upset right now... so let me vent.

BC: click and play blood elves and draenei.
    Cata: worgens and goblins? Yep login and create a new one.
    Panda land: free pandas for everyone.

Now come on here. I just spend $50 for the new expansion and $15 for 1 month. And your telling me I can't play the new races? I'm a returning player that obviously doesn't have the achievement or rep. I felt like I was scammed out of $65. I came back just to play and lvl a new race...

Edit.

Ok I get it. I dun-goffed. I will be honest, I didn't read the small text. I was more excited about about playing again I quickly clicked through the purchase process. I can't be the only one. Maybe saying scammed wasn't the right way to word it. But I didn't know how else to. And for the ones saying we have know for months. Well I didn't? I havnt been on any fan site or watched any videos in months. I knew nothing. Sorry gezz.
    You are still right. The hord 2 races have for break takers/restarters a way less time consuming way to get them. I just got back to play and still weaks away from alliance races. But hord races i already got. And i played a good portion of this expansion. ( less argus).

1 of the 2 hord races you pretty much get from leveling in that zone. And the other one is ending of the normal campaign ( and not time gated at all, just finish the quest line and your pretty much there). Vs allaince. You first need to level to 110. ( hord has both by this time...or is close to both). Then get some gear. And then start the weeks of grinding etc on argus to get the alliance ones. By the time you get to play 1 alliance race. You can have both hords on 110 and geared...

Deleted
    Pre-purchase of World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth makes available the questlines which enable players to access the Highmountain tauren, Lightforged draenei, Nightborne, and Void elves. To unlock Allied Races quest lines, players must have a level 110 character and have met specific questing and reputation requirements on the factions that each Allied Race is aligned with.
    If you can't at least read this much before throwing money at it, then you deserve whatever you end up with. Geez, I wonder what else you purchase without thinking...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok I get it. I dun-goffed. I will be honest, I didn't read the small text. I was more excited about about playing again I quickly clicked through the purchase process. I can't be the only one. Maybe saying scammed wasn't the right way to word it. But I didn't know how else to. And for the ones saying we have know for months. Well I didn't? I havnt been on any fan site or watched any videos in months. I knew nothing. Sorry gezz.
    You have thousands of posts in this website alone and didn't read shit?
    And then went to the product page, and didn't know the requeriments for the Allied Races?

Well, hopefully this events will help with your reading incapacities.

Also, you can casually farm the rep for the allied races. Very smooth proccess.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

Rep has been a timegate for 13 years.

Nothing new.
    I always wonder if people who post things you quote actually want to play an mmorpg or a dungeon/raid simulator

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I always wonder if people who post things you quote actually want to play an mmorpg or a dungeon/raid simulator
    To be fair rep is a bit worse this time around. Can't say I agree with them sticking mounts in RNG boxes. There was nothing wrong with them being an Exalted reward.

Argussian Reach I'd say is the equivalent of one of the Tanaan reps. Just can't remember which one took a bit of time to do.

Timegates/Timesinks have been in MMOs for quite a long time. This is nothing new.

Are you asking a question? Because if you are, the answer is "no."

Deleted
    level a charecter from 1 to 110 that way you l get rep and you won t feel scamed you skipped 110 levels that the others workeed years to level

10+ Year Old Account
    Do YOU want to play a mmorpg? Theres a mmorpg out called WoW: Legion and i heard you can unlock new races for BFA if you play it.

Struggling to see why you would pre purchase and sub again just for the new races. Its still the same game you unsubbed from - novelty of a slightly different race under similar armour as everyone else will wear off quickly and you're back to why you unsubbed to begin with.