Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    You have no claim to an intellectual or mature high ground. You screech your opinion and then hide behind your signature.
    If you had even tried to read what he had written maybe you would have know why i wrote that but given it´s you...

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    If you had even tried to read what he had written maybe you would have know why i wrote that but given it´s you...
    And the point he made was right, the Horde's duty to it's people came first on the broken shore, and it's not like they retreated without warning, there was a horn, but do go on.

If you wan't to cry that retreating a battle field is an act of war, then be my guest, that doesn't change what happened though.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    I just hope they will get some SERIOUS replacement for teldrassil. This whole idea is ridiculous. Maybe they had idea when they were drunk. "Hey what about burning down teldrassil?"... I can't believe it. Or maybe... this big tree will survive? No idea.
    They replaced Teldrassil/Undercity with Boralus/Zandalar cities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Well, this clears up a few matters. At least, we now know that there isn't any misunderstanding, or that the Horde wasn't trying to clean Azeroth off a corrupted tree like some people were theorizing. It's just an act of war, probably the first major one that opened the curtain for BfA. We also know that the battle with the NE, or possibly every battles between factions in BfA is pretty small scaled as hell: Sylvanas prepared merely 200 troops to fight against Malfurion's army. Surely, she might or might not have used some sort of magical bombs, but 200 soldiers is still too few. Lastly, Malfurion either grew too densed or has been nerfed as part of the plot again, as last few time Tyrande got kidnapped, he summoned massive thunderstorms that almost drown both his allies and the demons in Kalimdor. Seeing that he is in the battle, is he not as mad enough now seeing his people's home being burned to ground or why is the Horde still around?
    I'd wager it's because the Horde had a healthy head-start on mining Azerite and it's much faster to get it to Orgrimmar so it can be studied and put to use powering new technology than any major Alliance settlement. We don't know exactly what Azerite does right now but we do know it's insanely powerful--this is crystallized Titan blood, after all. If the Horde can outfit its troops in a ready supply of Azerite-enhanced weapons and armor, and use Azerite-powered siege weapons, that might be enough of an X-Factor to offset Malfurion's overwhelming druidic power simply through numbers.

We don't know how big Malfurion's army is, either. The Sentinels' and druids' strength was never in battles of attrition or numerical superiority; even at their best in the War of the Ancients and in Warcraft 3 they preferred hit-and-run ambushes and precision strikes, suggesting relatively low numbers (which makes sense given that elves seem to have pretty low birthrates in Warcraft lore, the Windrunner family notwithstanding, and the night elves' millennia of isolation with many males spending that time slumbering in the Emerald Dream would impact that even further). If he can only field a couple hundred troops himself and those troops don't have the ready access to and supply lines providing a steady stream of Azerite that the Horde currently seems to, 200 Horde troops equipped with Azerite-enhanced gear, siege weapons powered by Azerite-based cores, and Azerite-based bombs would be enough to tip the scales.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Also, did they ever fix that whole issue with Teldrassil being heavily corrupted by fel magic thanks to the Aspects not blessing it? If anything this might be a boon overall for Azeroth's well being, although a significant blow to Alliance morale and the night elves' culture. I'm personally hoping, eventually, the night elves take a look at clearing out Dire Maul and use it as their new capital, with Feralas being the main Alliance point of operations in Kalimdor (in exchange, the Horde could push through and secure the Badlands, giving both factions a fairly secure and defensible territory in the other continent located near the center, close enough to remain an active threat to the enemy faction but far enough to make a campaign to clear them out costly with their troops focused on Zandalar, Kul'Tiras, and the surrounding islands).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

15+ Year Old Account
    You mean there will be no new capital for the nighelves? Is that a quote or something you believe?
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

7+ Year Old Account
    And the point he made was right, the Horde's duty to it's people came first on the broken shore, and it's not like they retreated without warning, there was a horn, but do go on.

If you wan't to cry that retreating a battle field is an act of war, then be my guest, that doesn't change what happened though.
    Hm i remember Varian saying that they have to get a MESSAGE to Sylvanas that she should keep the sky clear which implies that they had some sort of communication going on but ofc when the Horde retreats said communication is somehow don´t working anymore...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I'd wager it's because the Horde had a healthy head-start on mining Azerite and it's much faster to get it to Orgrimmar so it can be studied and put to use powering new technology than any major Alliance settlement. We don't know exactly what Azerite does right now but we do know it's insanely powerful--this is crystallized Titan blood, after all. If the Horde can outfit its troops in a ready supply of Azerite-enhanced weapons and armor, and use Azerite-powered siege weapons, that might be enough of an X-Factor to offset Malfurion's overwhelming druidic power simply through numbers.

We don't know how big Malfurion's army is, either. The Sentinels' and druids' strength was never in battles of attrition or numerical superiority; even at their best in the War of the Ancients and in Warcraft 3 they preferred hit-and-run ambushes and precision strikes, suggesting relatively low numbers (which makes sense given that elves seem to have pretty low birthrates in Warcraft lore, the Windrunner family notwithstanding, and the night elves' millennia of isolation with many males spending that time slumbering in the Emerald Dream would impact that even further). If he can only field a couple hundred troops himself and those troops don't have the ready access to and supply lines providing a steady stream of Azerite that the Horde currently seems to, 200 Horde troops equipped with Azerite-enhanced gear, siege weapons powered by Azerite-based cores, and Azerite-based bombs would be enough to tip the scales.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, did they ever fix that whole issue with Teldrassil being heavily corrupted by fel magic thanks to the Aspects not blessing it? If anything this might be a boon overall for Azeroth's well being, although a significant blow to Alliance morale and the night elves' culture. I'm personally hoping, eventually, the night elves take a look at clearing out Dire Maul and use it as their new capital, with Feralas being the main Alliance point of operations in Kalimdor (in exchange, the Horde could push through and secure the Badlands, giving both factions a fairly secure and defensible territory in the other continent located near the center, close enough to remain an active threat to the enemy faction but far enough to make a campaign to clear them out costly with their troops focused on Zandalar, Kul'Tiras, and the surrounding islands).
    Yeah that issue was resolved no more corruption of Teldrassil anymore so no that won´t be the reason for burning it with a part of Sargeras sword.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean there will be no new capital for the nighelves? Is that a quote or something you believe?
    It took them no time at all to Grow Teldrassisl the first time.

Hm i remember Varian saying that they have to get a MESSAGE to Sylvanas that she should keep the sky clear which implies that they had some sort of communication going on but ofc when the Horde retreats said communication is somehow don´t working anymore...
    I seem to remember demons closing in on all sides, and legions ships shooting down at the Horde leaders, I wonder why no further communication was available.

Unless a dark ranger was supposed to grab a letter, jump off the cliff and run over to Varian.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    People still talking about the Broken Shore.

Fucking LOL, Blizzard REALLY knows how to string people along.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    People still talking about the Broken Shore.

Fucking LOL, Blizzard REALLY knows how to string people along.
    I can do better ............... the Purge of dalaran was justified!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that issue was resolved no more corruption of Teldrassil anymore so no that won´t be the reason for burning it with a part of Sargeras sword.
    Well, no, that wasn't my line of thinking anyway. More one of those 'if they never got around to fixing this shit, that might be a helpful side-bonus neither side thought of.' But anyway, I digress. Good to know they got around to that problem before their whole city rotted out from beneath 'em.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe. NELF had their own city since Vanilla just like Forsaken.

Who knows maybe Blizzard will give cities to race who didn't have their own capitol like worgen/gnomes/trolls/goblins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I can do better ............... the Purge of dalaran was justified!
    It was justified, it was just handled in the absolute worst way possible.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    It was justified, it was just handled in the absolute worst way possible.
    Just like Horde's retreat at Broken Shore.

Dunno the horde sounded a retreat that was heard by the Alliance and they knew what it meant, instead of leaving without any kind of warning. Or leaving immediately after arriving to use the Alliance as bait, or actually deciding they can't win and join up with the legion etc.

And then there is whole situation with faulty intel from the Alliance infiltrated by the legion, which allowed this mess to happen in the first place.

Broken shore was handled under the notion that there is NO communication between Horde and Alliance. While at the same time we have quests immediately after showing there is communication both before (since the invasion was based on alliance intelligence) and after (to many examples to mention) the invasion.

And then future patches keep showing that there is communication between the factions but no one there to say "Hey Alliance, the Horde almost died there too, did you see how they lost their leader?". FFS the Alliance lost Mathias Shaw due to demon dickery and yet they sit there going "Ho hum all the Hordes fault"
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

7+ Year Old Account
    Dunno the horde sounded a retreat that was heard by the Alliance and they knew what it meant, instead of leaving without any kind of warning. Or leaving immediately after arriving to use the Alliance as bait, or actually deciding they can't win and join up with the legion etc.
    I'm okay with Horde retreating. Not the way how they handled it.

The thing is how should it have been done? It was done in the standard warcraft fashion, via horn. It is even a plot point during wolfheart with a sentinel stealing the horde horn, sounding a retreat . Just because everyone pops up in your screen and tells you things over a distance clear as day doesn't make it canon.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    And people say Sylvanas sounds evil? She sounds like a competent and strategizing leader.
    She was a ranger general after all, leader of the Qual'thalas military, she even out smarted Arthas, there were some unforseen circumstances that lead to her death at the hands of Arthas, she never lost her skills though.

7+ Year Old Account
    The thing is how should it have been done? It was done in the standard warcraft fashion, via horn. It is even a plot point during wolfheart with a sentinel stealing the horde horn, sounding a retreat . Just because everyone pops up in your screen and tells you things over a distance clear as day doesn't make it canon.
    You don't order mass retreat and leaving your allies fight common battle. The moment Horde left all BL attention was on Alliance. Yes at the moment of Broken Shore Alliance and Horde were allies.

PS Its old topic i'm not gonna argue about.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was no other way to retreat.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't order mass retreat and leaving your allies fight common battle. The moment Horde left all BL attention was on Alliance. Yes at the moment of Broken Shore Alliance and Horde were allies.

PS Its old topic i'm not gonna argue about.
    Except there was no other way, the Horde was getting cornered.
    Holy shit lol